Singapore Expats Forum

CFA study group

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.

albertini

CFA study group

Postby albertini » Sat, 05 Feb 2005 1:33 pm

Hey..i'll be taking the level 1 CFA exam come this june...and no way am i gonna pay the crazy fees they charge for the lessons....

So i was wondering if there's any1 who would like to form like study groups? Not too sure if its gonna be helpful...but at least we can serve as motivation to one another.

Reply if interested.

lyl9972

CFA study group

Postby lyl9972 » Thu, 24 Mar 2005 11:18 pm

I'm thinking of self study for the cfa this coming dec05.

Do you have any recommendation for the study guides?

renter
Chatter
Chatter

Postby renter » Fri, 25 Mar 2005 11:03 am

hi, albertini and lyl9972,

I am studying for the Level 1 exam on Dec 05 too. I've taken the Home Study package, because, as you pointed out, it is really hefty fees for their teaching courses.

I'd have the interest to form a study group. Drop me an email.

thanks.

bonkers

CFA study group

Postby bonkers » Wed, 18 May 2005 10:53 am

Hi guys,
I'm also looking to take the dec05 level 1 exams. which notes are you using? I don't mind forming a study group either. pls mail me
cheers

Kimi
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Kimi » Wed, 18 May 2005 1:37 pm

Last edited by Kimi on Sun, 03 Jul 2005 3:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

CFA study group

Postby Guest » Wed, 18 May 2005 5:09 pm

Hi Kimi,

I heard that you should try to use the current notes as they change some stuff every year. Not sure if it's advisable to use old notes.

cheers

miros888

study group

Postby miros888 » Sat, 04 Jun 2005 2:07 pm

Hi everyone,

Can I join your CFA study group?

Carol

Roopa

Cfa

Postby Roopa » Wed, 15 Jun 2005 9:24 pm

Hi I am planning to take the CFA exam in december 05. Is thr study note sufficient?? Also I am interested to form a study grp.

hello

Postby hello » Sun, 19 Jun 2005 10:36 pm

Hi, for those of you who have signed up for your CFA DEC 05 exams, can I just confirm that we have to sign up through the CFAinstitute website right? And not through some educational institution in Singapore?

Anyway, from what I have read, the Schweser Study Notes are good for those who have done their undergraduate in Finance or business but still better to maybe purchase books in the sections you are not well versed in.. I know I will have to buck up on the Financial Statement Analysis section as according to the CBOK guidelines, you need to have either a basic or advanced understanding of Financial Accounting to do well in these section.. FSA also holds the most weightage in the exams..

Anyone else have any other tips to share..Most threads that I have seen based on the CFA is on previous years...So it will be good for us sitting the DEC 05 exams to discuss our concerns...

Anywya, I hope someone can be nice enough to answer my question at the top..:)

Thanks

elenallim

Postby elenallim » Sun, 26 Jun 2005 3:31 pm

renter wrote:hi, albertini and lyl9972,

I am studying for the Level 1 exam on Dec 05 too. I've taken the Home Study package, because, as you pointed out, it is really hefty fees for their teaching courses.

I'd have the interest to form a study group. Drop me an email.

thanks.

hey guys... am really interested in joining or forming this study group.

I am preparing for DEC LEVEL 1 2005.

hope to hear from you guys soon.
elena

250hours

Postby 250hours » Tue, 28 Jun 2005 10:26 pm

yes u have to apply via the cfainstitute website. am enrolling for dec 05 exams as well!!

desperate

CFA level 1 Schweser notes

Postby desperate » Thu, 07 Jul 2005 5:30 pm

hi there, anyone got the 2005 CFA Level 1 Schweser notes that i can borrow? Can't afford the hefty price tag on the notes quoted by FTC.

low

2005 Schweser CFA Level 1 notes

Postby low » Fri, 08 Jul 2005 8:23 am

i echo desperate's reply. Schweser study notes are really ex. If u have any lobang, pls email me at lowcj@yahoo.com

elenallim

CFA Study Group

Postby elenallim » Fri, 08 Jul 2005 9:49 pm

hey everyone....

why dun we form a support study group.. tens heads better than 1??? :lol:
elena

Kin

Postby Kin » Tue, 12 Jul 2005 9:04 pm

Hi

Would like to join the study group. Can the organiser email me at clocky_99@yahoo.com

Thanks