Singapore Expats Forum

PR in Singapore

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.

GuestPR

PR in Singapore

Postby GuestPR » Sat, 05 Feb 2005 1:00 am

Hi All
Hope you guys enjoying the life in singapore.
I wann ask the procedure to apply for PR in singapore and how much would it cost and how long would it take ?
Best Regards
Mohideen :?: :?: :?:

expat

Postby expat » Sat, 05 Feb 2005 4:39 pm

1) Are you in Singapore or outside Singapore?

2) Which country you will apply from?

GuestPR

PR

Postby GuestPR » Tue, 08 Feb 2005 7:04 pm

hi
im outside singa. in germany
is it possible to apply from here in germany
regards
guestPR

dot dot dot
Manager
Manager

Postby dot dot dot » Thu, 10 Feb 2005 11:15 am

Last edited by dot dot dot on Mon, 22 May 2006 12:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

passer by

Postby passer by » Fri, 11 Feb 2005 2:24 pm

Sad enough, it largly depends on skin color....!
the whiter the better......

The enlightened one

Postby The enlightened one » Sun, 13 Feb 2005 5:25 pm

passer by wrote:Sad enough, it largly depends on skin color....!

That's a total misconception. There are white people who struggle hard not to be kicked out of Singapore. But you obviously do not know about them.

Singapore looks largely on educational qualifications above all. If you have a nice degree and can find a nice job, they're willing to take you in.

I know well-educated black people and dark-skinned dudes who could get a PR in a month.

Listen to the guy from the Netherlands, he's more enlightened than you are,

jpatokal

Postby jpatokal » Thu, 17 Feb 2005 11:00 pm

Eric from the Netherlands wrote:Yes, it is possible: Go the Singaporean embassy in Germany and just ask them for the forms to apply for PR.

In my case (married to Chinese Singaporean, master degree and good income history in The Netherlands and worked as an expat before in Singapore), it only took 6 weeks for an Approved in Principle PR. I could then come here to Singapore, my wife being my so called sponsor and start applying for jobs. Three weeks later I had a job, 2 days after that I got my "full" PR.

You can get all information from the embassy, but in short, these are the criteria: education, background, relation to Singapore, income history and age (Singapore needs kids :lol: ).

Eric, are you by any chance mixing up EP and PR? You can get an in-principle EP, but I've never heard of such as beast as an in-principle PR...!

dot dot dot
Manager
Manager

Postby dot dot dot » Fri, 18 Feb 2005 1:56 pm

Last edited by dot dot dot on Mon, 22 May 2006 12:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

seasider
Chatter
Chatter

Postby seasider » Fri, 18 Feb 2005 3:36 pm

passer by wrote:Sad enough, it largly depends on skin color....!

That's complete rubbish. I've just got PR and of a room full of people completing their applications (that's 3 long hours worth of people) I would say there were 5 white faces.

Maybe not all were doing PR, I'm not sure what else that office processes, but certainly a lot were leaving with the same paperwork as myself.

gl171

to Eric from the Netherlands

Postby gl171 » Tue, 08 Mar 2005 12:15 pm

Eric,
I see your posting dated Feb. 10. You got a job in three weeks. Does it mean you just got a job recently? like in Jan. Feb. 2005? or you are talking about sometimes ago. Just out of curiosity, what field you are in?
cheerssss....

jpatokal

Postby jpatokal » Wed, 09 Mar 2005 11:12 pm

Eric from the Netherlands wrote:No, I am not mixing up. I directly applied for the PR (was living with my Singaporean wife in Holland at the time, no EP for Singapore) and got the Approved in Principle for the PR application first.

Ah, you left out the little detail of having a Singaporean wife. Now we all know that being married to a S'porean is not a guarantee of getting a PR, but obviously this is still a pretty big factor...

adicen

need help

Postby adicen » Wed, 16 Mar 2005 12:19 am

Hi

Eric from the Netherlands, passer by, seasider

I am a masters student and I need to do interviews for my research. I really need you guys to help me with it. Would it be ok to do an interview with you?

My e-mail is adicend@yahoo.com

Thanks a lot!!

BRIT

PR

Postby BRIT » Thu, 17 Mar 2005 12:26 am

Guys,

Reading your replies for PR , life here is not easy at all....
Iam married to Singaporean , with 3 kids I only got my PR after
2nd attempt 2 yrs ago ive been married for nearly 5 yrs now and
now only moved back here well just over 4 months now and still
unemployed..

Think very hard before moving here you might regret it.

Pinky's Too Lazy

Postby Pinky's Too Lazy » Thu, 17 Mar 2005 1:30 am

jpatokal wrote:
Eric from the Netherlands wrote:No, I am not mixing up. I directly applied for the PR (was living with my Singaporean wife in Holland at the time, no EP for Singapore) and got the Approved in Principle for the PR application first.

Ah, you left out the little detail of having a Singaporean wife. Now we all know that being married to a S'porean is not a guarantee of getting a PR, but obviously this is still a pretty big factor...

No he didn't.. He stated in his first post that he has a Chinese Singaporean wife.