Flan case

Discuss about life in Singapore. Ask about cost of living, housing, travel, etiquette & lifestyle. Share experience & advice with Singaporeans & expat staying in Singapore.
Post Reply
nms
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 9
Joined: Mon, 11 Nov 2013 12:04 pm

Flan case

Post by nms » Tue, 15 Nov 2016 3:48 pm

Does anyone know where I can buy a sponge flan case?

User avatar
Barnsley
Manager
Manager
Posts: 2319
Joined: Tue, 10 Jun 2008 5:22 pm
Location: Pasir Ris
Contact:

Re: Flan case

Post by Barnsley » Wed, 16 Nov 2016 11:15 am

nms wrote:Does anyone know where I can buy a sponge flan case?
A large Fairprice or Cold Storage should have, if its what I think you are looking for.
Life is short, paddle harder!!

nms
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 9
Joined: Mon, 11 Nov 2013 12:04 pm

Re: Flan case

Post by nms » Wed, 16 Nov 2016 11:22 am

I have tried a few but no luck so far. Has anyone actually seen one anywhere to save me doing a tour of Singapore?

User avatar
Barnsley
Manager
Manager
Posts: 2319
Joined: Tue, 10 Jun 2008 5:22 pm
Location: Pasir Ris
Contact:

Re: Flan case

Post by Barnsley » Wed, 16 Nov 2016 1:55 pm

nms wrote:I have tried a few but no luck so far. Has anyone actually seen one anywhere to save me doing a tour of Singapore?
We are talking the ready made bases?

Image

Or something else?
Life is short, paddle harder!!

x9200
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 9869
Joined: Mon, 07 Sep 2009 4:06 pm
Location: Singapore

Re: Flan case

Post by x9200 » Wed, 16 Nov 2016 2:14 pm

Never seen one, but just checked and Redmart offers premixes and flan cake pans. Disclaimer: as Redmart seems to be going to the dogs, not sure if they have them stocked actually.
https://redmart.com/search/flan

nms
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 9
Joined: Mon, 11 Nov 2013 12:04 pm

Re: Flan case

Post by nms » Wed, 16 Nov 2016 2:15 pm

Barnsley wrote:
nms wrote:I have tried a few but no luck so far. Has anyone actually seen one anywhere to save me doing a tour of Singapore?
We are talking the ready made bases?

Image

Or something else?
That's exactly what I am looking for.....trying to avoid making it from scratch.

User avatar
joop
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1116
Joined: Wed, 23 Jul 2003 8:51 pm
Location: Singapore
Contact:

Re: Flan case

Post by joop » Wed, 16 Nov 2016 2:37 pm

Another place you could explore is Phoon Huat, with the baking supplies. You might wish to call them before making a trip.

http://www.phoonhuat.com
Singapore Expats

Home | Classifieds | Condo | Forum | Property
Image

User avatar
Barnsley
Manager
Manager
Posts: 2319
Joined: Tue, 10 Jun 2008 5:22 pm
Location: Pasir Ris
Contact:

Re: Flan case

Post by Barnsley » Wed, 16 Nov 2016 3:11 pm

nms wrote:
Barnsley wrote:
nms wrote:I have tried a few but no luck so far. Has anyone actually seen one anywhere to save me doing a tour of Singapore?
We are talking the ready made bases?

Image

Or something else?
That's exactly what I am looking for.....trying to avoid making it from scratch.
I am sure I see these is almost every Fairprice of any decent size and Cold Storage in the baking section.
Life is short, paddle harder!!

nms
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 9
Joined: Mon, 11 Nov 2013 12:04 pm

Re: Flan case

Post by nms » Wed, 16 Nov 2016 3:19 pm

Barnsley wrote:
nms wrote:
Barnsley wrote:
We are talking the ready made bases?

Image

Or something else?
That's exactly what I am looking for.....trying to avoid making it from scratch.
I am sure I see these is almost every Fairprice of any decent size and Cold Storage in the baking section.
It's probably one of those things that they stock in small quantities so if you miss the few days when they have stock then you are out of luck.

So far I have tried NTUC in Nex, Bishan & Serangoon Gardens as well as Cold Storage in Nex, Bugis Junction & Icon Village and Jasons in Raffles City.

User avatar
Barnsley
Manager
Manager
Posts: 2319
Joined: Tue, 10 Jun 2008 5:22 pm
Location: Pasir Ris
Contact:

Re: Flan case

Post by Barnsley » Wed, 16 Nov 2016 5:37 pm

nms wrote: It's probably one of those things that they stock in small quantities so if you miss the few days when they have stock then you are out of luck.

So far I have tried NTUC in Nex, Bishan & Serangoon Gardens as well as Cold Storage in Nex, Bugis Junction & Icon Village and Jasons in Raffles City.
I am pretty sure I have seen them in NEX Fairprice.

They might even be in the bread section there.
Life is short, paddle harder!!

nms
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 9
Joined: Mon, 11 Nov 2013 12:04 pm

Re: Flan case

Post by nms » Fri, 18 Nov 2016 5:39 pm

Barnsley wrote:
nms wrote: It's probably one of those things that they stock in small quantities so if you miss the few days when they have stock then you are out of luck.

So far I have tried NTUC in Nex, Bishan & Serangoon Gardens as well as Cold Storage in Nex, Bugis Junction & Icon Village and Jasons in Raffles City.
I am pretty sure I have seen them in NEX Fairprice.

They might even be in the bread section there.
Will give it another try tomorrow - they didn't have any last weekend.

nms
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 9
Joined: Mon, 11 Nov 2013 12:04 pm

Re: Flan case

Post by nms » Sat, 19 Nov 2016 1:56 pm

nms wrote:
Barnsley wrote:
nms wrote: It's probably one of those things that they stock in small quantities so if you miss the few days when they have stock then you are out of luck.

So far I have tried NTUC in Nex, Bishan & Serangoon Gardens as well as Cold Storage in Nex, Bugis Junction & Icon Village and Jasons in Raffles City.
I am pretty sure I have seen them in NEX Fairprice.

They might even be in the bread section there.
Will give it another try tomorrow - they didn't have any last weekend.
nms wrote:
Barnsley wrote:
nms wrote: It's probably one of those things that they stock in small quantities so if you miss the few days when they have stock then you are out of luck.

So far I have tried NTUC in Nex, Bishan & Serangoon Gardens as well as Cold Storage in Nex, Bugis Junction & Icon Village and Jasons in Raffles City.
I am pretty sure I have seen them in NEX Fairprice.

They might even be in the bread section there.
Will give it another try tomorrow - they didn't have any last weekend.[/quote} ]

And the cupboard was bare - anyone seen one anywhere else?

Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Staying, Living in Singapore”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest