Singapore Expats

'bad education' any good?

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.
Conscripted

'bad education' any good?

Post by Conscripted » Fri, 04 Feb 2005 4:30 pm

thinking of watching 'Bad education'..heard it was gd and IS mag gave it 5 stars..impressive...wonder what everyone here thinks. just give general opinions. NO SPOILERS please...by the way, just watched 'sexual dependency.' the split screen format was exhausting at first but overall i liked it towards the end. any comments?

Post by Guest » Fri, 04 Feb 2005 4:43 pm

hi there!
Watched "bad education" last week and it was really good! but again... cut cut cut... don't forget you are in singapore! But anyway because of the subject I was still amazed that this movie is shown here!

Also watched "sexual dependency" and I did not like it so much...first of all, also because of this "split screen"...argghhh! that was really tiring... but interesting movie.

So good to watch European movies sometimes! I am European and I really miss good cinema! American movies can be good... but some independent movies are also very welcome!

Cheers

Conscripted

Post by Conscripted » Mon, 07 Feb 2005 10:13 am

yes. i heard it was cut too. very annoyed. they seemed to be applying double standards here. the censors i mean. the brutal rape scene in Irreversible is ok but two guys making out is not! Geez...they are really too 'scissors happy'. anyway, looking forward to the Singapore film festival. do u know when it is starting this year?