PR Application queries

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.
Post Reply
sanjaya22
Member
Member
Posts: 41
Joined: Mon, 15 Jun 2015 10:12 am

PR Application queries

Post by sanjaya22 » Sun, 13 Nov 2016 9:24 am

Hi I am a Network Engineer working in Singapore for the past 2.5 years .I live here with my family and thought of applying PR.

But I have came across some of the questions in the form which I am not sure what are they expect.
PR Form : https://www.ica.gov.sg/data/resources/d ... pril14.pdf

1.LIST DETAILS OF ACHIEVEMENTS AND INNOVATIONS WHICH YOU HAVE MADE IN YOUR PROFESSION/OCCUPATION

In general as a Engineer what I do is kind of rotating work which has minimal innovations and achievements.
So Can I list here the Workplace promotions I got ?
Can I list here the technical certifications I completed ?

2.MEMBERSHIP OF PROFESSIONAL SOCIETIES, ASSOCIATIONS, CLUBS AND OTHER ORGANISATIONS.
I am not a member of any societies right now.
Do I need to join any societies ?
Will it add a very positive feedback?
I am a regular blood donor .So can I add it here ?

3.Employment History ->Position held and Responsibilities.
In here all of my responsibilities are working with junior Engineers to resolve customer issues.
But I am not certain what are the other stuff I can write here .

Any help would be greatly appreciated .

brian_singapore
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 368
Joined: Mon, 29 Jul 2013 10:43 pm

Re: PR Application queries

Post by brian_singapore » Sun, 13 Nov 2016 2:21 pm

You don't need to fill in every section if you don't have anything relevant. I asked during my appointment on section 1, achievements & inventions section and was advised it was more of things things like patents, inventions, published papers, that kind of thing.

Employment history is just a list of employers, position, salary with start and end dates (I think country is also included but can't remember). You don't need to provide any details on what the job responsibilities were.

Number 2 - I have no idea what matters to them and what doesn't. I did put down my PMI membership but I really doubt it made a difference.

User avatar
ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 9811
Joined: Fri, 20 Aug 2010 5:18 pm

Re: RE: PR Application queries

Post by ecureilx » Sun, 13 Nov 2016 3:24 pm

sanjaya22 wrote:
2.MEMBERSHIP OF PROFESSIONAL SOCIETIES, ASSOCIATIONS, CLUBS AND OTHER ORGANISATIONS.
I am not a member of any societies right now.
Do I need to join any societies ?
Will it add a very positive feedback?
I am a regular blood donor .So can I add it here ?

3.Employment History ->Position held and Responsibilities.
In here all of my responsibilities are working with junior Engineers to resolve customer issues.
But I am not certain what are the other stuff I can write here .

Any help would be greatly appreciated .[/size]
QFP.

Blood donation gets 10 points. Out of the maximum of 10 points.

NOT.

sanjaya22
Member
Member
Posts: 41
Joined: Mon, 15 Jun 2015 10:12 am

Re: PR Application queries

Post by sanjaya22 » Mon, 14 Nov 2016 10:22 am

brian_singapore wrote:You don't need to fill in every section if you don't have anything relevant. I asked during my appointment on section 1, achievements & inventions section and was advised it was more of things things like patents, inventions, published papers, that kind of thing.

Employment history is just a list of employers, position, salary with start and end dates (I think country is also included but can't remember). You don't need to provide any details on what the job responsibilities were.

Number 2 - I have no idea what matters to them and what doesn't. I did put down my PMI membership but I really doubt it made a difference.
Thanks a lot brian.useful info.

sanjaya22
Member
Member
Posts: 41
Joined: Mon, 15 Jun 2015 10:12 am

Re: RE: PR Application queries

Post by sanjaya22 » Mon, 14 Nov 2016 10:25 am

ecureilx wrote:
QFP.

Blood donation gets 10 points. Out of the maximum of 10 points.

NOT.[/quote]

Thanks a lot ecureilx. Useful info.

Sorry I didn't understand QFP.May I know what did you meant by QFP ? :(

User avatar
jamie9vardy
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 454
Joined: Mon, 11 Apr 2016 11:12 pm

Re: PR Application queries

Post by jamie9vardy » Mon, 14 Nov 2016 11:10 am

sanjaya22 wrote:

Sorry I didn't understand QFP.May I know what did you meant by QFP ? :(
Quoted For Posterity.

We have seen enough of posters who came here for answer then deleted their original posts once they got the answers or got exposed.

sanjaya22
Member
Member
Posts: 41
Joined: Mon, 15 Jun 2015 10:12 am

Re: PR Application queries

Post by sanjaya22 » Mon, 14 Nov 2016 11:26 am

jamie9vardy wrote:
sanjaya22 wrote:

Sorry I didn't understand QFP.May I know what did you meant by QFP ? :(
Quoted For Posterity.

We have seen enough of posters who came here for answer then deleted their original posts once they got the answers or got exposed.
Thanks a lot jamie9vardy

Samo891
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri, 30 Jul 2021 10:13 am

Re: PR Application queries

Post by Samo891 » Fri, 30 Jul 2021 10:21 am

Hi,
I am having the same query. The membership to societies. May I know what could be included in that? I make monthly contributions to charities and have registered as member/volunteer with them. Should I add those details?

User avatar
singaporeflyer
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 3521
Joined: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 9:49 am

Re: PR Application queries

Post by singaporeflyer » Fri, 30 Jul 2021 1:52 pm

Samo891 wrote:
Fri, 30 Jul 2021 10:21 am
Hi,
I am having the same query. The membership to societies. May I know what could be included in that? I make monthly contributions to charities and have registered as member/volunteer with them. Should I add those details?
if you are member of any professional societies, you can add them. contributions - ICA can see from your IRAS tax statement?

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 38618
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 1:26 pm
Answers: 4
Location: Retired on the Little Red Dot

Re: PR Application queries

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 30 Jul 2021 4:55 pm

Samo891 wrote:
Fri, 30 Jul 2021 10:21 am
Hi,
I am having the same query. The membership to societies. May I know what could be included in that? I make monthly contributions to charities and have registered as member/volunteer with them. Should I add those details?
Societies? Only if they are relevant to your profession.

Contributions to charities / member/volunteer, forget it. If ICA wants to know they will ask for it. Otherwise, they only want what they have asked for or given specific blank cell for data input for. This was burned by applicants who would join organizations just long enough to say 'hey, look at me, see what a good person I am?' and then when they got their PR or didn't, the charity saw hide nor hair of them again. So now ICA has wised up.
Life isn't about avoiding the bruises. It's about collecting the scars to prove we showed up for it!

Samo891
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri, 30 Jul 2021 10:13 am

Re: PR Application queries

Post by Samo891 » Sat, 31 Jul 2021 9:55 am

Thanks @singaporeflyer and @sundaymorningstaple for your replies.
The exact title in form 4a is as below:

Membership of professional societies, clubs, associations, religious groups and other organisations.

Just wondering what orgs they mean by that. Any examples would be great.
Having religious groups there is what confuses me. Does it mean professional religious groups. No right?

User avatar
singaporeflyer
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 3521
Joined: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 9:49 am

Re: PR Application queries

Post by singaporeflyer » Sat, 31 Jul 2021 10:16 am

Samo891 wrote:
Sat, 31 Jul 2021 9:55 am
Thanks @singaporeflyer and @sundaymorningstaple for your replies.
The exact title in form 4a is as below:

Membership of professional societies, clubs, associations, religious groups and other organisations.

Just wondering what orgs they mean by that. Any examples would be great.
Having religious groups there is what confuses me. Does it mean professional religious groups. No right?
If it was me, I will focus only on professinal socities that I am member of. Others don't seem to be applicable for me.

But if something more is applicable for you, go ahead and submit. Not sure if it may add value.

Myasis Dragon
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 337
Joined: Wed, 05 Feb 2020 7:13 am
Answers: 3

Re: PR Application queries

Post by Myasis Dragon » Sat, 31 Jul 2021 11:11 pm

Samo891 wrote:
Sat, 31 Jul 2021 9:55 am
Thanks @singaporeflyer and @sundaymorningstaple for your replies.
The exact title in form 4a is as below:

Membership of professional societies, clubs, associations, religious groups and other organisations.

Just wondering what orgs they mean by that. Any examples would be great.
Having religious groups there is what confuses me. Does it mean professional religious groups. No right?
Professional societies: Those organizations to which one belongs as a condition to maintain one's profession, for example, doctors, lawyers, CPA's. Maybe PMP's... most have a condition of ongoing credit hours for training in order to maintain certification.

Clubs and Associations: NUS Alumni Association, Friends of the Museum, American Association of Singapore, Lions Club... anything organized for a voluntary, charitable, or philanthropic purpose. This would not include private memberships in golf clubs, polo clubs, sailing clubs, etc. You also want to be very careful that you don't list clubs with a political purpose or even a perceived political purpose. The Registry of Societies (ROSES) keeps a very close eye on

Religious groups: I'd be real careful with this one as well. If you're a member of a main stream religious organization, list it if you want, although I doubt it makes much difference. But, if you're a member of a proselytizing organization I'd never mention it.

The Registry of Societies (ROSES) keeps a very close eye on political and religious organizations. The gahmen has strong concerns over any organization that might foment political or religious dissent. Even if this is your cup of tea, listing them on your PR application isn't going to do you any good.

Look, the average working stiff isn't going to belong to very much... maybe a civic association. If you're a CPA, the gahmen would expect that you belong to the ISCA... if you don't that might raise an eyebrow.

So... don't look at this section as adding or subtracting points from your application. It's not.

User avatar
malcontent
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 781
Joined: Sat, 22 Dec 2007 11:52 am
Location: Pulau Ujong

Re: PR Application queries

Post by malcontent » Sun, 01 Aug 2021 11:35 pm

For religious groups, they may be on the look out for any smart aleck who puts “Jehovah's Witnesses” - a religious group that opposes military service.

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 38618
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 1:26 pm
Answers: 4
Location: Retired on the Little Red Dot

Re: PR Application queries

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sun, 01 Aug 2021 11:49 pm

Yeah, they don't do Conscientious Objectors here. :)
Life isn't about avoiding the bruises. It's about collecting the scars to prove we showed up for it!

Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Careers & Jobs in Singapore”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 15 guests