Singapore Expats Forum

Google Pixel

Discuss about computers & Internet. Including mobile phones, home appliances & other gadgets. Read about Windows security risks or virus updates.
mrhobbeschen
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 8
Joined: Mon, 24 Oct 2016

Google Pixel

Postby mrhobbeschen » Thu, 10 Nov 2016 5:06 pm

holler! wonder if anyone has laid his or her hands on the shiny new google pixel phone... am hoping that the telcos here might possibly bring it in, though in the past, none of the google flagship phones get sold in the telco stores.

hence wondering if anyone can guide me where's best to purchase the phone to be shipped to singapore :)

thanks! :)

LittleWanderer613
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 8
Joined: Thu, 24 Nov 2016

Re: Google Pixel

Postby LittleWanderer613 » Fri, 25 Nov 2016 7:56 am

Hey mate! If you know anyone from the Philippines, I think you can get it there, well here (since I'm here on vacay). I ran a Google search and saw that you can get this phone on a few online stores. I think you should look those up.

Cheers!

User avatar
ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 9812
Joined: Fri, 20 Aug 2010

Re: RE: Re: Google Pixel

Postby ecureilx » Sat, 26 Nov 2016 10:43 pm

LittleWanderer613 wrote:Hey mate! If you know anyone from the Philippines, I think you can get it there, well here (since I'm here on vacay). I ran a Google search and saw that you can get this phone on a few online stores. I think you should look those up.

Cheers!

And no Philippines courier will ship phones. Good luck there :)

User avatar
zzm9980
Governor
Governor
Posts: 6841
Joined: Wed, 06 Jul 2011
Location: Once more unto the breach

Re: Google Pixel

Postby zzm9980 » Sun, 27 Nov 2016 1:26 pm

If you see it in the Phillipines, it is just a hand carried from the US model.

willieaames
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 6
Joined: Tue, 29 Nov 2016
Location: Houston, Texas

Re: Google Pixel

Postby willieaames » Tue, 29 Nov 2016 8:03 pm

I contacted Mobyshop (a local, unofficial third party reseller), they got back to me about this. They'll be bringing all models in. They aren't confirming anything concrete about pricing, but they said that it would probably be as follows:
Pixel 32GB: $700
Pixel 128GB: $900
Pixel XL 32GB: $999
Pixel XL 128GB: $1199

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 35122
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004
Location: Still Fishing!
Contact:

Re: Google Pixel

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 29 Nov 2016 8:58 pm

Why would we be concerned with Mobyshop pricing in Houston TX? Or are you just a shill for some spammer?

mrhobbeschen
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 8
Joined: Mon, 24 Oct 2016

Re: Google Pixel

Postby mrhobbeschen » Mon, 12 Dec 2016 10:51 pm

willieaames wrote:I contacted Mobyshop (a local, unofficial third party reseller), they got back to me about this. They'll be bringing all models in. They aren't confirming anything concrete about pricing, but they said that it would probably be as follows:
Pixel 32GB: $700
Pixel 128GB: $900
Pixel XL 32GB: $999
Pixel XL 128GB: $1199


those are in Sing dollars? if yes, that's strangely cheaper than the expected S$1,500 for Pixel XL 128GB if I'm not wrong (the one I'm eyeing that is)

User avatar
Strong Eagle
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 11061
Joined: Sat, 10 Jul 2004
Location: Off The Red Dot
Contact:

Re: Google Pixel

Postby Strong Eagle » Mon, 12 Dec 2016 11:47 pm

zzm9980 wrote:If you see it in the Phillipines, it is just a hand carried from the US model.


I don't think so... the phone is being released in the USA only under Verizon... which is CDMA, not GSM.

User avatar
zzm9980
Governor
Governor
Posts: 6841
Joined: Wed, 06 Jul 2011
Location: Once more unto the breach

Re: Google Pixel

Postby zzm9980 » Tue, 13 Dec 2016 1:43 am

Strong Eagle wrote:
zzm9980 wrote:If you see it in the Phillipines, it is just a hand carried from the US model.


I don't think so... the phone is being released in the USA only under Verizon... which is CDMA, not GSM.


GSM/CDMA distinctions don't really apple to 4G. Verizon phones (iPhones and others) almost all work globally.

It's also sold under Google ProjectFi which is a googles "carrier less" inititive. In the US that one is based on a T-Mobile data only sim.

I just got a blue one though, happy to send photos of it working in Asia.

User avatar
zzm9980
Governor
Governor
Posts: 6841
Joined: Wed, 06 Jul 2011
Location: Once more unto the breach

Re: Google Pixel

Postby zzm9980 » Wed, 14 Dec 2016 3:45 pm

Comes with sim slot, sim tool, but no sim.

Image

User avatar
Strong Eagle
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 11061
Joined: Sat, 10 Jul 2004
Location: Off The Red Dot
Contact:

Re: Google Pixel

Postby Strong Eagle » Wed, 14 Dec 2016 10:16 pm

^^^^^^
Interesting... so AT&T and T-Mobile support if willing to purchase grey market.

mrhobbeschen
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 8
Joined: Mon, 24 Oct 2016

Re: Google Pixel

Postby mrhobbeschen » Thu, 15 Dec 2016 9:24 am

Am very blue with envy now!

missyqiqi
Regular
Regular
Posts: 60
Joined: Tue, 18 Mar 2008
Location: Singapore

Re: Google Pixel

Postby missyqiqi » Fri, 16 Dec 2016 11:51 am

mrhobbeschen wrote:Am very blue with envy now!

me too! I was hoping the local telcos can come up with pixel soon!

mrhobbeschen
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 8
Joined: Mon, 24 Oct 2016

Re: Google Pixel

Postby mrhobbeschen » Sun, 18 Dec 2016 6:52 pm

missyqiqi wrote:
mrhobbeschen wrote:Am very blue with envy now!

me too! I was hoping the local telcos can come up with pixel soon!


yes, and hopefully bring down the upfront price lower. hopefully circles.life will strike a deal with google or sth!

that said, i'm quite done with nougat 7.1 on my nexus 6P. battery life lasts a mere 3 hours or less even when 100% charged. and when it's around 15%, it auto shuts down. mega z.

User avatar
zzm9980
Governor
Governor
Posts: 6841
Joined: Wed, 06 Jul 2011
Location: Once more unto the breach

Re: Google Pixel

Postby zzm9980 » Mon, 19 Dec 2016 11:07 pm

Strong Eagle wrote:^^^^^^
Interesting... so AT&T and T-Mobile support if willing to purchase grey market.


Yep! And it works great. I got LTE with AT&T, and am getting LTE with Singtel right now while roaming on an AT&T SIM.


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Computer, Internet, Phone & Electronics”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest