Singapore Expats

Meeting PEP criteria as a contractor

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
AuntieMabel

Meeting PEP criteria as a contractor

Post by AuntieMabel » Wed, 09 Nov 2016 5:50 pm

I've previously lived in Singapore (on a work-sponsored EP), and given the state of the UK right now am keen to go back. However, in the intervening time I've left my job at a big corporate and joined the more lucrative world of IT contracting.

Not had much luck applying for jobs in SG - feedback from recruiters is that employers prefer someone who is already in the country. So I'm looking into getting a PEP and just heading over for a bit while I look for a job.

However, the criteria states a fixed monthly salary of at least $18,000. I earn over this, but as a contractor I'm self-employed and pay myself through dividends. Does this count as fixed monthly salary for visa purposes?

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Re: RE: Meeting PEP criteria as a contractor

Post by ecureilx » Wed, 09 Nov 2016 10:14 pm

AuntieMabel wrote: However, the criteria states a fixed monthly salary of at least $18,000. I earn over this, but as a contractor I'm self-employed and pay myself through dividends. Does this count as fixed monthly salary for visa purposes?
From the bits I know, dividend won't be considered as fixed. Only monthly fixed salary is taken into consideration.

Though you can try to convince MOM ..