The World will have a new leader later today/tomorrow

Discuss about any latest news or current affairs in Singapore or globally. Please DO NOT copy and paste news articles from other sources without written permission.
Post Reply
User avatar
Wd40
Director
Director
Posts: 4359
Joined: Tue, 04 Dec 2012 10:53 am
Location: SIndiapore

Re: The World will have a new leader later today/tomorrow

Post by Wd40 » Thu, 10 Nov 2016 1:16 pm

Markets have already recovered all their loses and are have even made gains. All of sudden from doom and gloom people are taking the view that he is pro growth. :)

I wonder what will the implications of his policies. I heard he is going to increase drilling, coal production in the US so it will be bad for commodity prices.

Also he hates Saudi Arabia. I think oil prices are set to fall.

Trump is good for India. Obama was bad.

Sent from my Redmi Note 2 using Tapatalk

earthfriendly
Manager
Manager
Posts: 1988
Joined: Sat, 20 Aug 2005 5:01 pm

Re: The World will have a new leader later today/tomorrow

Post by earthfriendly » Thu, 10 Nov 2016 2:52 pm

A forgotten group. And the liberal media is not doing the country a favor when they conveniently forget about this demographics. Poor, white and rural. At the end of the day, we are all human. We want to participate in the economic success of the country, be able to forge a living, allowed to live our lifestyles. And we all want to be heard. We all want to have a voice.



http://www.cracked.com/blog/6-reasons-t ... lks-about/

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2016/11/09/bu ... 92&referer
Last edited by earthfriendly on Thu, 10 Nov 2016 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

nanana
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 263
Joined: Fri, 25 Apr 2008 3:03 pm

Re: The World will have a new leader later today/tomorrow

Post by nanana » Thu, 10 Nov 2016 2:57 pm

Congratulations for your new president, SMS!
:mrgreen:

User avatar
rajagainstthemachine
Manager
Manager
Posts: 2856
Joined: Sat, 24 Nov 2012 10:45 am
Location: Singapore

Re: The World will have a new leader later today/tomorrow

Post by rajagainstthemachine » Thu, 10 Nov 2016 8:12 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:It's like a shotgun wedding. For better or worse.

Raj, he didn't know Fck all about running an election campaign but he apparently does know something about reading the ground more accurately than Killary and all the political pundits in NYC and Washington DC did. He did know just how angry the ground was. DC & Killary didn't have a clue.
he knew more about the ground than Hilary.. i think they were better researched while the democrats were supremely confident, overconfident if you ask me.. however i have a feeling he's bound to fumbele his way through governance just like Bush Jr. did. i also think all his controversies with women found favour with the general public, they saw him a mortal human, making the same mistakes as anyone else would..
To get there early is on time and showing up on time is late

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 39755
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 1:26 pm
Answers: 10
Location: Retired on the Little Red Dot

Re: The World will have a new leader later today/tomorrow

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 10 Nov 2016 8:30 pm

One of us, as it were. Mortal and not living in an ivory tower. Living in a golden tower is a different story, as that is about winning. The spoils of victory or success. Those in Ivory tower usually get there by the school tie networks or having enough dirt on your opponent and connections.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

User avatar
Wd40
Director
Director
Posts: 4359
Joined: Tue, 04 Dec 2012 10:53 am
Location: SIndiapore

Re: The World will have a new leader later today/tomorrow

Post by Wd40 » Thu, 10 Nov 2016 9:21 pm

Singapore has thoroughly benefitted from globalization and is extremely reliant on globalization. Now with most countries looking inwards it can be said that globalization has peaked and from here it will only reverse. So can we say that Singapore's best days too are behind it?

SGD has hit 1.4 again to the USD after a long time. May be signs of things to come.

Sent from my Redmi Note 2 using Tapatalk

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 39755
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 1:26 pm
Answers: 10
Location: Retired on the Little Red Dot

Re: The World will have a new leader later today/tomorrow

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 10 Nov 2016 9:51 pm

I basically made that prediction on this board on the 40th National Day if Singapore, 11 years ago. Will be interesting to see the next 30 years.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

User avatar
Barnsley
Manager
Manager
Posts: 2319
Joined: Tue, 10 Jun 2008 5:22 pm
Location: Pasir Ris
Contact:

Re: The World will have a new leader later today/tomorrow

Post by Barnsley » Thu, 10 Nov 2016 10:06 pm

Wd40 wrote:Singapore has thoroughly benefitted from globalization and is extremely reliant on globalization. Now with most countries looking inwards it can be said that globalization has peaked and from here it will only reverse. So can we say that Singapore's best days too are behind it?

SGD has hit 1.4 again to the USD after a long time. May be signs of things to come.
Agreed , without the TPP I am not sure where Singapore goes.

Without open economies , what has Singapore to offer?

We shall see , but its gonna be tough sledding methinks!
Life is short, paddle harder!!

User avatar
ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 9817
Joined: Fri, 20 Aug 2010 5:18 pm

Re: RE: Re: The World will have a new leader later today/tomorrow

Post by ecureilx » Thu, 10 Nov 2016 10:43 pm

Barnsley wrote: Agreed , without the TPP I am not sure where Singapore goes.

Without open economies , what has Singapore to offer?!
Few days ago Donny personally cited Singapore as having stolen jobs from US...

earthfriendly
Manager
Manager
Posts: 1988
Joined: Sat, 20 Aug 2005 5:01 pm

Re: The World will have a new leader later today/tomorrow

Post by earthfriendly » Fri, 11 Nov 2016 2:23 am

Another forgotten group. The war veterans. Shameful how their plights have been ignored by the establishment. Trump singled them out in his speech. He will champion their cause.
In fact, just knowing that someone in Washington is finally listening to them and not writing them off as racists or Neanderthals will be an amazing start


http://www.cnbc.com/2016/11/09/sorry-un ... ntary.html

User avatar
PNGMK
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 8777
Joined: Thu, 21 Mar 2013 9:06 pm
Answers: 2
Location: Sinkapore

Re: The World will have a new leader later today/tomorrow

Post by PNGMK » Fri, 11 Nov 2016 9:43 am

I'm extraordinarily impressed with Trump for winning if nothing else; he has truly been the disruptor of this US election cycle. I'm sure books and analysis will continue for decades as to how an essentially self funded and self guided man outwitted a massively funded and well resourced political opponent. Personally the day the democrats threw Bernie to the wolves and insisted on their undemocratic political dynastic concept I figured they were no longer listening to their electorate but just playing internal power games.
I not lawyer/teacher/CPA.
You've been arrested? Law Society of Singapore can provide referrals.
You want an International School job? School website or http://www.ISS.edu
Your rugrat needs a School? Avoid for profit schools
You need Tax advice? Ask a CPA
You ran away without doing NS? Shame on you!

User avatar
Barnsley
Manager
Manager
Posts: 2319
Joined: Tue, 10 Jun 2008 5:22 pm
Location: Pasir Ris
Contact:

Re: The World will have a new leader later today/tomorrow

Post by Barnsley » Fri, 11 Nov 2016 9:50 am

PNGMK wrote:I'm extraordinarily impressed with Trump for winning if nothing else; he has truly been the disruptor of this US election cycle. I'm sure books and analysis will continue for decades as to how an essentially self funded and self guided man outwitted a massively funded and well resourced political opponent. Personally the day the democrats threw Bernie to the wolves and insisted on their undemocratic political dynastic concept I figured they were no longer listening to their electorate but just playing internal power games.
He also turned over the Republican establishment as well who were also massively funded and backed by the requisite media , he even took on their biggest backers FOX and beat them too .....

Who really knows what Donald's politics are , its hilarious.
Life is short, paddle harder!!

User avatar
Strong Eagle
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 11504
Joined: Sat, 10 Jul 2004 12:13 am
Location: Off The Red Dot
Contact:

Re: The World will have a new leader later today/tomorrow

Post by Strong Eagle » Fri, 11 Nov 2016 10:45 am

Barnsley wrote:he even took on their biggest backers FOX and beat them too .....

Who really knows what Donald's politics are , its hilarious.
Are you kidding me? Faux News fell all over themselves fawning over "The Donald". Faux News published many utterly false reports that supported Trump, only to tepidly retract their statements after the damage had been done.

Fox News ought to be placed in a sack with several bricks, be thrown off a bridge into a deep river, to be drowned and never heard from again.

User avatar
Barnsley
Manager
Manager
Posts: 2319
Joined: Tue, 10 Jun 2008 5:22 pm
Location: Pasir Ris
Contact:

Re: The World will have a new leader later today/tomorrow

Post by Barnsley » Fri, 11 Nov 2016 10:49 am

Strong Eagle wrote:
Barnsley wrote:he even took on their biggest backers FOX and beat them too .....

Who really knows what Donald's politics are , its hilarious.
Are you kidding me? Faux News fell all over themselves fawning over "The Donald". Faux News published many utterly false reports that supported Trump, only to tepidly retract their statements after the damage had been done.

Fox News ought to be placed in a sack with several bricks, be thrown off a bridge into a deep river, to be drowned and never heard from again.
Didn't he take on their premier political commentator at the debate they hosted?

I only saw the highlights and I don't really watch TV let alone FOX news , but Donald seems to have some views which seem at odds with a lot of the FOX news agenda.
Life is short, paddle harder!!

User avatar
rajagainstthemachine
Manager
Manager
Posts: 2856
Joined: Sat, 24 Nov 2012 10:45 am
Location: Singapore

Re: The World will have a new leader later today/tomorrow

Post by rajagainstthemachine » Fri, 11 Nov 2016 10:01 pm

The trump website no longer shows an anti Muslim agenda...
To get there early is on time and showing up on time is late

Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Latest News & Current Affairs”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 11 guests