Singapore Expats

Skin Cancer Screening

Discuss about beauty & health. Need some advice or looking for a particular product? Share your beauty and health tips here.
markKL

Skin Cancer Screening

Post by markKL » Mon, 07 Nov 2016 12:50 pm

Does anyone have any knowledge about the best dermatologists for screening freckly Ang mo skin for skin cancers. My initial research seems show most dermatologists are of the cosmetic kind. Any info gratefully accepted. Regards

Mark

PNGMK
Answers: 10

Re: Skin Cancer Screening

Post by PNGMK » Mon, 06 Mar 2017 4:03 pm

markKL wrote:Does anyone have any knowledge about the best dermatologists for screening freckly Ang mo skin for skin cancers. My initial research seems show most dermatologists are of the cosmetic kind. Any info gratefully accepted. Regards

Mark
I get it done in Australia. There are mole clinics all over the place. I even take my American wife there who was astonished at high quality of care and level of treatment; FYI Skin Cancer is heading towards being the 3rd or 4th common cause of death in Australia in the next decade - my cousin just lost a 40 year old wife to it - she was gone in 8 weeks. I would not bother in Asia.
I not lawyer/teacher/CPA.
You've been arrested? Law Society of Singapore can provide referrals.
You want an International School job? School website or http://www.ISS.edu
Your rugrat needs a School? Avoid for profit schools
You need Tax advice? Ask a CPA
You ran away without doing NS? Shame on you!

x9200

Re: Skin Cancer Screening

Post by x9200 » Mon, 06 Mar 2017 4:12 pm

markKL wrote:Does anyone have any knowledge about the best dermatologists for screening freckly Ang mo skin for skin cancers. My initial research seems show most dermatologists are of the cosmetic kind. Any info gratefully accepted. Regards

Mark
I had the screening done and actually even one "mole" removed at the National Skin Centre. Probably one of my very few encounters with the local medical services where I had no complaints. It was long time ago though.