Singapore Expats Forum

Anyone wants to join me in Chiang Mai?

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
adventure

Anyone wants to join me in Chiang Mai?

Postby adventure » Fri, 04 Feb 2005 11:13 am

Just booked really cheap flights to Chiang Mai (about $65 return on Tiger Airways). I intend to play cheap golf, go on adventure day trips etc. I have booked for the weekend of March 18th-21st. Hoping to get at least 3 others so we can get a cheaper golf package. I have to say, my golf is not good, I'm just starting.

If you are interested, email me at chooleng@hotmail.com

Lomi

Chiang Mai sounds really interesting!!

Postby Lomi » Mon, 07 Feb 2005 9:59 am

Dear Adventure,

on 18th March I will finish our conference there. So possible for me to drop by Chiang Mai and have some holiday there.
I have seen my friends picture from Chiang Mai it was fantastic. I am not really familiar to geography in Tahiland.
Is it very far from Bangkok to Chiang Mai? If possible, I would like to go there in case we have some other ppl. Specially one more girl....

Would you mind to give me a bit of tip???

Regards, Lomi

jpatokal

Re: Chiang Mai sounds really interesting!!

Postby jpatokal » Mon, 07 Feb 2005 10:25 pm

Lomi wrote:Is it very far from Bangkok to Chiang Mai? If possible, I would like to go there in case we have some other ppl. Specially one more girl....

Takes forever by bus (~10 hours), but these days flights are plentiful and cheap. S$50 one-way at the airport, even less if you book in advance on Air Asia, Nok Air, Orient Thai, etc.

ringo100
Chatter
Chatter

Postby ringo100 » Mon, 07 Feb 2005 10:47 pm

The ovenight train is pretty good and cheap. At least you get a bed and don't lose a whole day travelling, but it is 8-10 hours.