Singapore Expats

Moving from India with a special needs child

Discuss about childcare, parenthood, playschools, educational, family & international school issues.

Sponsored by:

Canadian International School
NeverTiringMom

Moving from India with a special needs child

Post by NeverTiringMom » Fri, 04 Nov 2016 6:11 pm

Hi All,
We are consider in a move to Singapore from India. We have 2 Girls...one is 7yrs and the other is 5yrs. My 7yr girl is mild autistic. Here in India, she is going to a regular school. We want to join her in Indian school in Singapore, so that there is a better understanding. Please pour in your inputs as to which school would be better and any pros and cons involved before taking the decision.It would really help us very much in taking an informed decision.

Thanks a ton for your time,
NTM

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Re: RE: Moving from India with a special needs child

Post by ecureilx » Fri, 04 Nov 2016 10:27 pm

NeverTiringMom wrote:Hi All,
We are consider in a move to Singapore from India. We have 2 Girls...one is 7yrs and the other is 5yrs. My 7yr girl is mild autistic. Here in India, she is going to a regular school. We want to join her in Indian school in Singapore, so that there is a better understanding. Please pour in your inputs as to which school would be better and any pros and cons involved before taking the decision.It would really help us very much in taking an informed decision.

NTM
There's no Indian school for autistic kids. That I am aware of per se

Other choices galore ..

Autism has been discussed in detail in this forum. Please do A simple search first.

Please

NeverTiringMom

Re: RE: Moving from India with a special needs child

Post by NeverTiringMom » Fri, 04 Nov 2016 11:16 pm

ecureilx wrote:
NeverTiringMom wrote:Hi All,

NTM
There's no Indian school for autistic kids. That I am aware of per se

Other choices galore ..

Autism has been discussed in detail in this forum. Please do A simple search first.

Please
Thank you for your response. I meant , any good Indian schools which accomodate kids with special needs.

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Re: RE: Re: RE: Moving from India with a special needs child

Post by ecureilx » Sat, 05 Nov 2016 8:37 am

NeverTiringMom wrote: Thank you for your response. I meant , any good Indian schools which accomodate kids with special needs.
With zero malice, Indian school accommodating special kids ?

I doubt it. Don't even know that was possible.

However, there's only a handful of Indian schools here (this is Singapore.. and foreigners can't get into the local stream easily. . ) SO you gotta go for the Indian International Schools

You can write in and ask the less than half dozen Indian schools ... that's gotta be a better solution than waiting for somebody in this forum.

NeverTiringMom

Re: RE: Re: RE: Moving from India with a special needs child

Post by NeverTiringMom » Sat, 05 Nov 2016 12:26 pm

ecureilx wrote:
NeverTiringMom wrote: Thank you for your response. I meant , any good Indian schools which accomodate kids with special needs.
With zero malice, Indian school accommodating special kids ?

I doubt it. Don't even know that was possible.

However, there's only a handful of Indian schools here (this is Singapore.. and foreigners can't get into the local stream easily. . ) SO you gotta go for the Indian International Schools

You can write in and ask the less than half dozen Indian schools ... that's gotta be a better solution than waiting for somebody in this forum.
Thank you so much. Will write to them.