Singapore Expats

Vietnamese Visa applied in SG 2 times higher than Online

Discuss about life in Singapore. Ask about cost of living, housing, travel, etiquette & lifestyle. Share experience & advice with Singaporeans & expat staying in Singapore.
tomyin

Vietnamese Visa applied in SG 2 times higher than Online

Post by tomyin » Mon, 31 Oct 2016 12:00 pm

I am planning a 4 days vacation in Vietnam. It is quite easy applying for a Vietnamese visa at its embassy in Singapore. 2 photos and 2 copies of forms. But surprisingly, the total cost including service fee is much higher than VOA online. S$105 for one person single entry. whereas the online VOA application only costs around $45USD including $25 USD stamping fee you need to pay at border control.
It seems the agent who collects documents on the site makes S$70 for a single applicant. Quite impressive.
Next time when I want to revisit Vietnam, I definitely will save a trip to the embassy so that I can get half the price for the visa

taxico
Director
Director

Re: Vietnamese Visa applied in SG 2 times higher than Online

Post by taxico » Tue, 01 Nov 2016 12:41 am

for my long term visa, instead of paying the regular fee at the TSN (HCM) airport, i paid a $450 at the vn embassy in singapore. mind you, that was just the stamping fee... i believe it's us$100 (or somesuch) at the airport.

i've since learned my lesson.

p/s: when i called the vn embassy in sg to ask about the fees and lead time, they give me the cell phone number of the non-embassy staff/visa agent (?) that works in the ground floor room.
Aut viam ad caelum inveniam aut faciam

x9200

Re: Vietnamese Visa applied in SG 2 times higher than Online

Post by x9200 » Tue, 01 Nov 2016 8:46 am

Ca one year ago I used vietnamvisa.org.vn with the total service cost of ~USD45 for 3 people, 1 month valid., single entry. All was arranged within 1 day. Later, we paid the standard fees at the border.