Singapore Expats Forum

PR Chances for Indonesian Chinese

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
indoboy88
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 7
Joined: Mon, 24 Oct 2016

PR Chances for Indonesian Chinese

Postby indoboy88 » Mon, 24 Oct 2016 3:45 pm

Hi all,

New to this forum here, joined to find out more about PR application :) . I would like to know my chances of getting PR with the following details:

Age : 24
Sex : M
Marital Status : Single
Nationality : Indonesian
Race: Chinese
Job: Research Engineer at National University
Salary: 3,500 SGD
Pass : Employment Pass
Highest Qualification attained : Bachelors Degree in Engineering (2nd class hons) - National University of Singapore
Date of application : June 2016
Current status: Pending
Period of staying in SG: 10 years (studied in local secondary school, junior college, local university)

Thanks in advance!

singaporeflyer
Editor
Editor
Posts: 1242
Joined: Mon, 17 Aug 2009

Re: PR Chances for Indonesian Chinese

Postby singaporeflyer » Mon, 24 Oct 2016 3:49 pm

indoboy88 wrote:Hi all,

New to this forum here, joined to find out more about PR application :) . I would like to know my chances of getting PR with the following details:

Age : 24
Sex : M
Marital Status : Single
Nationality : Indonesian
Race: Chinese
Job: Research Engineer at National University
Salary: 3,500 SGD
Pass : Employment Pass
Highest Qualification attained : Bachelors Degree in Engineering (2nd class hons) - National University of Singapore
Date of application : June 2016
Current status: Pending
Period of staying in SG: 10 years (studied in local secondary school, junior college, local university)

Thanks in advance!


How long are you working in SG? Your chances will be better if you apply after 2-3 years on EP in SG. Even now, you still have a chance.

cittakaro
Member
Member
Posts: 25
Joined: Mon, 18 Aug 2014

Re: PR Chances for Indonesian Chinese

Postby cittakaro » Mon, 24 Oct 2016 9:17 pm

indoboy88 wrote:Hi all,

New to this forum here, joined to find out more about PR application :) . I would like to know my chances of getting PR with the following details:

Age : 24
Sex : M
Marital Status : Single
Nationality : Indonesian
Race: Chinese
Job: Research Engineer at National University
Salary: 3,500 SGD
Pass : Employment Pass
Highest Qualification attained : Bachelors Degree in Engineering (2nd class hons) - National University of Singapore
Date of application : June 2016
Current status: Pending
Period of staying in SG: 10 years (studied in local secondary school, junior college, local university)

Thanks in advance!


They will ask : "Can you prove to us that you are Chinese? any documents?"
I think you will get higher chance after working for 3 years, because Singapore does not need Single Male Indonesian. But you have been in Singapore for 10 years, who knows?
I have a friend having similar profile as you, 10 Years study + 4 years Working, approved after 2 years pending. She is Single Indonesian Chinese.

Good luck.
Last edited by cittakaro on Tue, 25 Oct 2016 10:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 34341
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004
Location: Still Fishing!
Contact:

Re: PR Chances for Indonesian Chinese

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 24 Oct 2016 10:02 pm

Like the above poster mentioned, you should have a way to substantiate your ethnic background. Also, if you have not been working for 2 years, hopefully you will not be discouraged by a rejection at this point in time. It would have been better to wait until you have two years employment under your belt. But good luck though, it wasn't rejected out of hand so there is still a slim chance.

indoboy88
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 7
Joined: Mon, 24 Oct 2016

Re: PR Chances for Indonesian Chinese

Postby indoboy88 » Tue, 25 Oct 2016 10:31 am

singaporeflyer wrote:
indoboy88 wrote:Hi all,

New to this forum here, joined to find out more about PR application :) . I would like to know my chances of getting PR with the following details:

Age : 24
Sex : M
Marital Status : Single
Nationality : Indonesian
Race: Chinese
Job: Research Engineer at National University
Salary: 3,500 SGD
Pass : Employment Pass
Highest Qualification attained : Bachelors Degree in Engineering (2nd class hons) - National University of Singapore
Date of application : June 2016
Current status: Pending
Period of staying in SG: 10 years (studied in local secondary school, junior college, local university)

Thanks in advance!


How long are you working in SG? Your chances will be better if you apply after 2-3 years on EP in SG. Even now, you still have a chance.



Hi singaporeflyer,

thanks for the reply. I have been working in SG for 7 months before I applied for my PR (since some of my friends told me, you need at least 6 months pay slip). I have heard and seen from some other sources that it is recommended for the applicants to wait for 2-3 years before applying, the reason given as: 'time needed to settle down into SG society and assess whether the applicant really wants to be a PR or not'. I was hoping that going by that definition, 8+ years of studying in Singapore would have met the criteria :?

indoboy88
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 7
Joined: Mon, 24 Oct 2016

Re: PR Chances for Indonesian Chinese

Postby indoboy88 » Tue, 25 Oct 2016 10:39 am

cittakaro wrote:
indoboy88 wrote:Hi all,

New to this forum here, joined to find out more about PR application :) . I would like to know my chances of getting PR with the following details:

Age : 24
Sex : M
Marital Status : Single
Nationality : Indonesian
Race: Chinese
Job: Research Engineer at National University
Salary: 3,500 SGD
Pass : Employment Pass
Highest Qualification attained : Bachelors Degree in Engineering (2nd class hons) - National University of Singapore
Date of application : June 2016
Current status: Pending
Period of staying in SG: 10 years (studied in local secondary school, junior college, local university)

Thanks in advance!


They will ask : "Can you prove to us that you are Chinese? any documents?"
I think you will get higher chance after working for 3 years, because Singapore does not need Single Male Indonesian. But you have been in Singapore for 10 years, who knows?
I have a friend having similar profile as you, 10 Years study + 4 years Working, approved after 2 years pending. She is Single Indonesian Chinese.

Good luck.



Hi cittakaro,

Thanks for the reply. YEAH! indeed they asked during my application. lucky i was prepared as I had a friend who had similar profile as mine and was asked to prove his ethnicity (due to the fact that Indonesian birthcert does not indicate race) :?

So, I used my sister's (who was born in Singapore and hence, has the race indicated) birthcert as a cross-reference document, together with my translated birth cert, to show that we come from the same parents, and hence, prove my ethnicity. It passed the screening stage.

Oh man... 2 years is really :( :(
When did your friend apply and get approved?

indoboy88
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 7
Joined: Mon, 24 Oct 2016

Re: PR Chances for Indonesian Chinese

Postby indoboy88 » Tue, 25 Oct 2016 10:44 am

sundaymorningstaple wrote:Like the above poster mentioned, you should have a way to substantiate your ethnic background. Also, if you have not been working for 2 years, hopefully you will not be discouraged by a rejection at this point in time. It would have been better to wait until you have two years employment under your belt. But good luck though, it wasn't rejected out of hand so there is still a slim chance.



Hi sundaymorningstaple,

thanks! yeah, just need to pray for the best :X

I did come across this website: http://www.immigrationsolutions.sg/
and I decided to just try it out by getting a quote. they said my profile has a pretty high chance and told me they're confident they can get it for me. The thing is, they are just glorified form fillers right? I don't think they have any control on whether you will be accepted or not. I wonder how they assess... Anyone has any experience on this?

singaporeflyer
Editor
Editor
Posts: 1242
Joined: Mon, 17 Aug 2009

Re: PR Chances for Indonesian Chinese

Postby singaporeflyer » Tue, 25 Oct 2016 11:06 am

indoboy88 wrote:
sundaymorningstaple wrote:Like the above poster mentioned, you should have a way to substantiate your ethnic background. Also, if you have not been working for 2 years, hopefully you will not be discouraged by a rejection at this point in time. It would have been better to wait until you have two years employment under your belt. But good luck though, it wasn't rejected out of hand so there is still a slim chance.



Hi sundaymorningstaple,

thanks! yeah, just need to pray for the best :X

I did come across this website: http://www.immigrationsolutions.sg/
and I decided to just try it out by getting a quote. they said my profile has a pretty high chance and told me they're confident they can get it for me. The thing is, they are just glorified form fillers right? I don't think they have any control on whether you will be accepted or not. I wonder how they assess... Anyone has any experience on this?


You can apply on your own. There is no difference even if they apply on your behalf, except that you will be paying the consultant a big amount for using their service for PR Application.

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 34341
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004
Location: Still Fishing!
Contact:

Re: PR Chances for Indonesian Chinese

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 25 Oct 2016 11:14 am

Always hidden somewhere deep within the site. In this case in the FAQs. You will notice that the data they are using is from 2104 (approval rate about 85~90%) But they cherrypick their clients so they only take those that look VERY strong (else how to advertise their worth). and even then, 2 of their cases aren't successful. Additionally most haven't even gotten results yet therefore their success rate is probably a lot lower as we've seen lots rejected for no apparent rhyme nor reason. They are nothing but glorified form fillers. If you have deep pockets and don't mind throwing hard earned cash away, by all means, be disappointed by them. They can't put down anything that you don't tell them. :-/

What is the success rate of your company?

There is no 100% guarantee that your PR application will be accepted. If there are other firms promising you that, you can be sure that they are employing false marketing tactics. We are unable to provide you the current statistics as most applicants have not received their replies yet. However, for 2014, our approval rate was about 85 – 90%. The reason for our high rates is that we choose our clients. If we believe you are not eligible to begin with, we will not be taking your case.


They also have no clue what ICA looks at. They get their information the same way we do. In fact, they probably read out website in order to get their information on current trends (seeing as they are buying advertising here - for that specific purpose I'd bet on it!) :-/

User avatar
dynoto
Regular
Regular
Posts: 132
Joined: Fri, 25 Dec 2015

Re: PR Chances for Indonesian Chinese

Postby dynoto » Tue, 25 Oct 2016 2:41 pm

indoboy88 wrote:Hi all,

New to this forum here, joined to find out more about PR application :) . I would like to know my chances of getting PR with the following details:

Age : 24
Sex : M
Marital Status : Single
Nationality : Indonesian
Race: Chinese
Job: Research Engineer at National University
Salary: 3,500 SGD
Pass : Employment Pass
Highest Qualification attained : Bachelors Degree in Engineering (2nd class hons) - National University of Singapore
Date of application : June 2016
Current status: Pending
Period of staying in SG: 10 years (studied in local secondary school, junior college, local university)

Thanks in advance!


just a question, did they not sent you a PR invitation letter during any time of your studies? 2ndary / jc / uni

about the 2 years, yeah its no joke ... mine is already 16 months and no sign its going to come anytime soon.

User avatar
dynoto
Regular
Regular
Posts: 132
Joined: Fri, 25 Dec 2015

PR Chances for Indonesian Chinese

Postby dynoto » Wed, 26 Oct 2016 11:27 am

Some update on PR approval (not me, sigh)

My friend Chinese Indonesian got her approved 2 weeks ago (based on IPA letter)

Waiting time is 15 months+ (Jul 2015)

Worked since 2011/2012

Stayed on same company since, got her Spass renewed twice

Rejected once in 2014


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

indoboy88
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 7
Joined: Mon, 24 Oct 2016

Re: PR Chances for Indonesian Chinese

Postby indoboy88 » Thu, 27 Oct 2016 3:20 pm

dynoto wrote:
indoboy88 wrote:Hi all,

New to this forum here, joined to find out more about PR application :) . I would like to know my chances of getting PR with the following details:

Age : 24
Sex : M
Marital Status : Single
Nationality : Indonesian
Race: Chinese
Job: Research Engineer at National University
Salary: 3,500 SGD
Pass : Employment Pass
Highest Qualification attained : Bachelors Degree in Engineering (2nd class hons) - National University of Singapore
Date of application : June 2016
Current status: Pending
Period of staying in SG: 10 years (studied in local secondary school, junior college, local university)

Thanks in advance!


just a question, did they not sent you a PR invitation letter during any time of your studies? 2ndary / jc / uni

about the 2 years, yeah its no joke ... mine is already 16 months and no sign its going to come anytime soon.



They did send me an invitation when I was in my secondary school, but with the condition that I have to do NS. At that time, I didn't reply their invitation as I wasn't sure :X

indoboy88
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 7
Joined: Mon, 24 Oct 2016

Re: PR Chances for Indonesian Chinese

Postby indoboy88 » Thu, 27 Oct 2016 3:21 pm

dynoto wrote:Some update on PR approval (not me, sigh)

My friend Chinese Indonesian got her approved 2 weeks ago (based on IPA letter)

Waiting time is 15 months+ (Jul 2015)

Worked since 2011/2012

Stayed on same company since, got her Spass renewed twice

Rejected once in 2014


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk



I hope the reason why this forum is hearing long cases is due to the fact that only troubled ppl will visit this forum... Which is why we are hearing so many depressed cases here.

Else... :cry: :cry:

User avatar
dynoto
Regular
Regular
Posts: 132
Joined: Fri, 25 Dec 2015

Re: PR Chances for Indonesian Chinese

Postby dynoto » Thu, 27 Oct 2016 3:27 pm

indoboy88 wrote:
dynoto wrote:
indoboy88 wrote:Hi all,

New to this forum here, joined to find out more about PR application :) . I would like to know my chances of getting PR with the following details:

Age : 24
Sex : M
Marital Status : Single
Nationality : Indonesian
Race: Chinese
Job: Research Engineer at National University
Salary: 3,500 SGD
Pass : Employment Pass
Highest Qualification attained : Bachelors Degree in Engineering (2nd class hons) - National University of Singapore
Date of application : June 2016
Current status: Pending
Period of staying in SG: 10 years (studied in local secondary school, junior college, local university)

Thanks in advance!


just a question, did they not sent you a PR invitation letter during any time of your studies? 2ndary / jc / uni

about the 2 years, yeah its no joke ... mine is already 16 months and no sign its going to come anytime soon.



They did send me an invitation when I was in my secondary school, but with the condition that I have to do NS. At that time, I didn't reply their invitation as I wasn't sure :X


This..... Might be an issue though


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User avatar
Barnsley
Manager
Manager
Posts: 2094
Joined: Tue, 10 Jun 2008
Location: Pasir Ris
Contact:

Re: PR Chances for Indonesian Chinese

Postby Barnsley » Thu, 27 Oct 2016 4:51 pm

indoboy88 wrote:
They did send me an invitation when I was in my secondary school, but with the condition that I have to do NS. At that time, I didn't reply their invitation as I wasn't sure :X


The keyboard warriors will be up in arms if you get PR after something like this. =D> =D>

Good luck to you!
Life is short, paddle harder!!


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “PR, Citizenship, Passes & Visas for Foreigners”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests