I wouldn't buy property for the following reasons.Wd40 wrote:Well nothing is black or white. So there are things I like Singapore for and there are a lot of things I hate about it. I also believe a bird in hand is better than 2 in bush. So I will stick on as long as it makes sense. But I still maintain there are a lot of better countries to work in than Singapore and I know this from people who have left Singapore on their own inspite of having a house and a PR.
Sent from my Redmi Note 2 using Tapatalk
1. years of mortgage payments. I don't want to be sucked into a spiral of work, mortgage payment etc.
2. I don't want to be stuck with a house that i need to now maintain on top of the other stuff that i have to do.
3. yearly property taxes, insurance
4. freedom to leave everything and move somewhere else.
5. I have weird living requirements, I hate people in general, I detest and loathe living in mass housing like apartments and condos, I prefer independent houses, walk ups or shop houses which are a rarity here or too expensive to buy.
I think I have about another 25 years of work life left in me, i would like to live that unburdened without the pain of mundane tasks, after which i'll just go to some seaside town somewhere and live out my life in peace and quiet.