Singapore Expats

Entering Singapore

Discuss about life in Singapore. Ask about cost of living, housing, travel, etiquette & lifestyle. Share experience & advice with Singaporeans & expat staying in Singapore.
Phil413

Entering Singapore

Post by Phil413 » Mon, 24 Oct 2016 12:23 am

Hi,

My friend is from Philippines, she went to SG last August 11, was granted 30 days. She applied for online extension and got denied, she exited to Johor with her friends however she was sent to office. Immigration officer asked her what were her intentions of staying to SG, where is she staying, who is with her and how much money she had. (she have a Canadian and US visa in her passport) The officer asked for her ID and she had fingerprint. Then when they went back to SG, she was only given a couple of days (Which is until the date of her departure to SG and flying back to Manila) On her D/E, her flight details are already stated. When she was finally departing SG, she was still sent to ICA at immigration and her fingerprint again and a couple of questions was asked.

Question:
1. Is it safe to go back to SG again this month? Since she went home to Philippines last Sept10
2. What is the fingerprint for? Is it to record her exits?

Hope you can help my friend.

x9200

Re: Entering Singapore

Post by x9200 » Mon, 24 Oct 2016 8:55 am

So she applied for an extension and being denied tried to do a visa ran. I guess nobody can answer how safe is for her to come back. She may be let in or just refused the entry. Fingerprinting is to prevent her for entering under a different passport.

taxico
Director
Director

Post by taxico » Thu, 27 Oct 2016 10:02 am

i guess as she was still permitted entry the last time... and that it's been more than a year ago, it might be okay...

but don't take my word for it! if you want certainty, ask ICA.
Aut viam ad caelum inveniam aut faciam

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Re: RE: Entering Singapore

Post by ecureilx » Thu, 27 Oct 2016 10:14 am

Phil413 wrote:Hi,

My friend is from Philippines, she went to SG last August 11, was granted 30 days. She applied for online extension and got denied, she exited to Johor with her friends however she was sent to office. Immigration officer asked her what were her intentions of staying to SG, where is she staying, who is with her and how much money she had. (she have a Canadian and US visa in her passport) .
Lol, at the Canadian and US visa

As x9200 says finger printing is to prevent her from another visa try and also to verify if she held any other pass in Sg.

No big deal there.

If it's a year ago, it "should" be ok to come back, but keep a return ticket, cash and proper address of stay.

elainevital1209

How many days will be the application for visitor pass?

Post by elainevital1209 » Sat, 29 Oct 2016 1:24 pm

Hi, my husband had been refused to enter to Singapore for 2 times, first is because they said coming from a dp so why not apply for dp again since i am an ep. 2nd was they said need to clear his first refused though hos new dp was approved already.. Now i was advised to apply for visit pass in order to lift his 1st refused.. Question is if I attached all the approval papers from MOM, u think how many days will be the outcome of my application for him. Thanks

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Re: RE: How many days will be the application for visitor pass?

Post by ecureilx » Sat, 29 Oct 2016 9:57 pm

elainevital1209 wrote:Hi, my husband had been refused to enter to Singapore for 2 times, first is because they said coming from a dp so why not apply for dp again since i am an ep. 2nd was they said need to clear his first refused though hos new dp was approved already.. Now i was advised to apply for visit pass in order to lift his 1st refused.. Question is if I attached all the approval papers from MOM, u think how many days will be the outcome of my application for him. Thanks
You should submit form 14A to ICA

No word on how long later the response can be

therat
Editor
Editor
Answers: 2

Post by therat » Wed, 02 Nov 2016 2:44 pm

Does we own you for a reply.
Why are you shouting at us and spam your question at many threads.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 02 Nov 2016 9:25 pm

therat. Wrong thread maybe? The poster has only made one post? Also not sure what you were trying to say in the first line? Does we own you...??????
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

x9200

Post by x9200 » Wed, 02 Nov 2016 9:44 pm

My fault actually. Removed all posts of one guy. Therat responded to him earlier.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 02 Nov 2016 10:33 pm

Oh. Payroll today. Not been on the board till this evening.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers