Singapore Expats Forum

Very early PR Application. Suggestion and Chances

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
singaporeflyer
Manager
Manager

Re: Very early PR Application. Suggestion and Chances

Postby singaporeflyer » Tue, 02 Jan 2018 12:26 pm

dell123 wrote:Hello Folks,

I am gonna pick this up again after a year and didn't feel the need to create a new topic. I have a new question.

Does the company also affect your PR chances,

I have about 2 offers in the range of ~90K - 95K One from an MNC world leader and other from a Singaporean company (As Singaporean it can get).

If I join the Singaporean company do I have an advantage in my PR application.
FYI: I still haven't applied my PR, I did have my 2 years EP renewed for 3 more years. I ask this since I wish to stay here long term and it would be helpful for me to choose the right company, if it really matters.

Company plays a small part in a PR application. What matters more is how can you contribute to the country.

Choose your company based on your goals and aspirations and not just because you want PR. If you choose a company just for getting your PR, what if you don't like the job and also don't get your PR?
Last edited by singaporeflyer on Tue, 02 Jan 2018 12:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dell123

Postby dell123 » Tue, 02 Jan 2018 12:32 pm

singaporeflyer wrote:

I am gonna pick this up again after a year and didn't feel the need to create a new topic. I have a new question.

I have about 2 offers in the range of ~90K - 95K One from an MNC world leader and other from a Singaporean company (As Singaporean it can get).

FYI: I still haven't applied my PR, I did have my 2 years EP renewed for 3 more years. I ask this since I wish to stay here long term and it would be helpful for me to choose the right company, if it really matters.

Company plays a small part in our PR application. What matters more is how can you contribute to the country.

Choose your company based on your goals and aspirations and not just because you want PR. If you choose a company just for getting your PR, what if you don't like the job and also don't get your PR?

Obviously that all is paramount.. I have weighed out both the pros and cons, both have their own. Both very competitive and challenging
Just wanted to know if it does since I am also looking out for the future.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

singaporeflyer
Manager
Manager

Postby singaporeflyer » Tue, 02 Jan 2018 12:34 pm

dell123 wrote:
singaporeflyer wrote:

Company plays a small part in our PR application. What matters more is how can you contribute to the country.

Obviously that all is paramount.. I have weighed out both the pros and cons, both have their own. Both very competitive and challenging
Just wanted to know if it does since I am also looking out for the future.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You future should be focusing on your career and not just getting PR. If you stay long enough, do well in your career, earn well then PR will come automatically.