Singapore Expats

EP rejected - New opportunities options

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.
vketl

EP rejected - New opportunities options

Post by vketl » Tue, 11 Oct 2016 11:40 am

Hi ,

My last EP was applied on mid May for a contract job. It was pending for about 4+ months and then got rejected few days back. I contacted the HR and he said that there is no rejection reason mentioned by MOM and most likely the position for which, I was hired, is not there anymore hence they wont be appealing for my EP rejection.

Now I have got another opportunity with another employer but before I apply for the same, I need to know if it is possible to file new EP application with other employer when last EP application was rejected due to unknown reason.

Thanks in advance.

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Re: RE: EP rejected - New opportunities options

Post by ecureilx » Tue, 11 Oct 2016 11:44 am

vketl wrote: Now I have got another opportunity with another employer but before I apply for the same, I need to know if it is possible to file new EP application with other employer when last EP application was rejected due to unknown reason.
Yes. You can apply for new EP, if you still meet the EP criteria

vketl

Re: EP rejected - New opportunities options

Post by vketl » Tue, 11 Oct 2016 12:21 pm

Hi Ecureilx,

Thanks for your reply.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 11 Oct 2016 12:52 pm

No, that's not true. Only your potential employer can apply again. If they are not interested then they wont.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

vketl

Post by vketl » Sun, 16 Oct 2016 2:35 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:No, that's not true. Only your potential employer can apply again. If they are not interested then they wont.
Hi sms ,

Thank you for your response.

The employer who previously applied for my EP was a recruitment consultancy and the job offered was a contract job for one of their client. Now the client does not have the position for which I was hired as It took more than 4 months for my EP to get the status changed from pending to rejected hence they wont be appealing for my EP now.

Recently, I was contacted by another recruitment consultancy about a job opportunity. That is the reason why I have asked this question.

As there is no way, the EP which was previously applied will be approved as the job itself is not there any more.

Does this mean that there is no way I can ever work in Singapore in future?

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Re: RE: Re: EP rejected - New opportunities options

Post by ecureilx » Sun, 16 Oct 2016 5:11 pm

vketl wrote: Does this mean that there is no way I can ever work in Singapore in future?
No.

Which means yes.

Which means, if you are eligible for a pass, you could work in Singapore.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sun, 16 Oct 2016 5:36 pm

What Squirrel is trying to say is that if you find another agency or employer that is interested in employing you, then they can file for an EP/S pass IF your qualifications can pass the online Self-Assessment Test. (passing that doesn't mean you will get a pass, however.) All it means it that you are able to apply for one. There are still a lot of other things to be considered and as you have already found out, they take time. Hopefully, then next time it won't take so long as you will, theoretically, bet already vetted. Then it's the employer who also has to pass muster. If both do, you have got your work pass, be it EP, S or WP.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers