Singapore Expats

Samsung service centre (westgate)

Discuss about computers & Internet. Including mobile phones, home appliances & other gadgets. Read about Windows security risks or virus updates.
menudown
Chatter
Chatter

Samsung service centre (westgate)

Post by menudown » Wed, 05 Oct 2016 11:23 am

The hearsay of Samsung having bad customer service is true after all. Unfortunately I am the latest victim.

I just bought the S6 not long ago and the phone suddenly keeps freezing even after factory reset. Went to the service centre and was told that they detect liquid on the main board which is impossible coz I took really good care of it. For the repair, I was told that the warranty is void and to pay almost $500 to replace the main board :shock:. I was mad and insist to talk to a manager to request for a 1 to 1 exchange. The 'ah beng' manager asked me to consider the repair and turned down my request.

What angers me is that when I decided to take back the phone to consider or maybe bring up the matter to a higher management, he just hand me back my phone without reassembly and in a worse condition than before. There's a damage/dent at the upper corner of the screen which he told me happens as they need to open up the phone to check the hardware ](*,) it looks like I've wasted hundreds of dollars and now I'm stuck with a defective product.

No more Samsung product for me! :x

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Re: Samsung service centre (westgate)

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 05 Oct 2016 11:59 am

That's not Samsung bad service, that's typical Singaporean bad Service that just happened in the Samsung Shop. It's the same anywhere where the service departments are staffed with locals.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

menudown
Chatter
Chatter

Post by menudown » Wed, 05 Oct 2016 2:14 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:That's not Samsung bad service, that's typical Singaporean bad Service that just happened in the Samsung Shop. It's the same anywhere where the service departments are staffed with locals.
If the so called locals render this kind of after sales service, then Samsung should do something about it. I don't think they are just contractors operating behind Samsung. It reflects the brand name and the policies they been practicing.

bgd
Manager
Manager

Post by bgd » Wed, 05 Oct 2016 3:52 pm

Which makes good service so much more noticeable.

I was in a small family run watch shop on the weekend and they were just great. Everyone was friendly, knowledgeable and efficient. Even the teenage daughter knew her stuff. Refreshing.

As for Samsung, most people I know who have their phones aren't particularly happy. The exploding model can't be helping and now we hear their Sg service is crap. Time to offload Samsung stock. :wink:

Max Headroom
Reporter
Reporter
Answers: 1

Post by Max Headroom » Wed, 05 Oct 2016 4:24 pm

I got my Samsung A8 last December and subsequently was in and out of the Samsung repair shop about 10 times in the 7 months that followed.

Endless replacements of parts, motherboard and the glass, which was scratched by them during one of the repair jobs.

In the end, the phone had become a Frankenstein, a mix of patches, repaired original parts and spare parts. It was a mess and still didn't work properly. One day, the entire frame popped out of place and I was left looking into the phone's innards...

At pretty much every turn, they were late with the repair and I'd showed up for nothing.

Once - get this - the repair shop had closed, as in closed permanently and moved elsewhere. But they hadn't bothered to let me know. So when I showed up to collect my repaired cell, the shop was boarded up! When I called Samsung Support, they had no idea where my phone was. But the lady promised she'd try and find out what had happened to it. ](*,)

It was an utter nightmare.

One of the times I went up there to collect my phone, I'd first swung by the mall's security staff and asked them to join me, as I knew Samsung would give me the run-around again and I needed impartial witnesses to see it all go down. Well, right before leaving the Samsung repair shop - empty-handed once again - the two stunned security guards told the Samsung people to have their shit in order next time or they'd be reported.

When I'd had enough, I let them have it bigtime right there in the shop. They threatened to call the police, which I asked them to please do over and over during my rant, but, alas, they never did.

After this ugly episode, they told me I'd get a new phone in two weeks. About a month later, they called to let me know I could pick up the new phone, an A7, which actually is an upgrade.

I still feel obliged to inform Samsung HQ, however. It was my worst ever experience as a consumer anywhere, by far.

menudown
Chatter
Chatter

Post by menudown » Fri, 07 Oct 2016 11:06 am

Now they offer me to replace the main board and damage screen at $200
I think I just have to go with it :(

Strong Eagle
Answers: 9

Post by Strong Eagle » Fri, 07 Oct 2016 11:47 am

Toshiba is no better... my laptop started to have peeling paint... they blamed it on my mistreatment, refused to honor warranty. Only good thing about it is that I mail them about every six months with another post to another blog tearing up their worthless asses.