Singapore Expats

PR Application Approved

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
brian_singapore
Chatter
Chatter
Answers: 1

PR Application Approved

Post by brian_singapore » Mon, 03 Oct 2016 11:07 am

In the interest of adding to the general body of PR criteria:

Our application for PR was recently approved. General background:

1) Wife and I both hold multiple passports from developed countries; my wife is ethnic chinese but second generation immigrant in our country of origin (meaning she was born and raised there). She does not have any ties (i.e. citizenship or passport) with China.
2) We both work for large multi-national banks; I'm in banking technology and she's in compliance. Both of us are managers.
3) We both have good salaries and both have good but not terribly senior positions within the bank.
4) We applied after having been here for 2 years and paying taxes twice.
5) We have 2 small children (both girls) under the age of 6 enrolled in an International School. We are both 40+.
6) We both have a history of country hopping and due to this job hopping; something we worried along with point 1 would disqualify us.
7) We applied as a family.

If I've missed out any other key information, please let me know.

And importantly, we are planning on settling and remaining in Singapore for the long-term. Neither of us wish to continue as per point 6.

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Re: RE: PR Application Approved

Post by ecureilx » Mon, 03 Oct 2016 11:59 am

brian_singapore wrote: And importantly, we are planning on settling and remaining in Singapore for the long-term. Neither of us wish to continue as per point 6.
Thanks for sharing the info.

Now register in the nearest CC and engage in grass roots activities ... Image

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Re: PR Application Approved

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 03 Oct 2016 12:03 pm

Brian, during your history of country hopping, did you hold PR in any of those other countries? In your application was your residency status listed in your application for those other countries? I'm wondering that if you never applied for permanent residency in any other country but decided to sink roots here may have made a difference. Wondering out loud as it were. ;-)

Congratulations in any case. Harbinger of good news on a dreary Monday morning! ;-)
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

brian_singapore
Chatter
Chatter

Post by brian_singapore » Mon, 03 Oct 2016 12:46 pm

@ecruelix - thanks.

@sundaymorningstaple - The PR application pack didn't ask for residency status. We held permanent residency in 1 of the countries, but none of the others (other then our country of origin - obviously :p).

Thanks,
Brian

Daniel1978

Post by Daniel1978 » Mon, 03 Oct 2016 6:08 pm

Hi Brian, Congratulations and that is certainly great news.
Although it is all on a case by case basis, curious how long it took for a response.
Thanks for sharing.

Daniel

brian_singapore
Chatter
Chatter

Post by brian_singapore » Mon, 03 Oct 2016 6:12 pm

It took us 6 months, almost to the day.