Singapore Expats Forum

Chances of citizenship approval

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.
NorthIndian
Member
Member
Posts: 24
Joined: Thu, 29 Sep 2016 4:32 pm

Re: Chances of citizenship approval

Post by NorthIndian » Tue, 14 Aug 2018 8:29 pm

Thanks for the reply, I agree with it completely.

NorthIndian
Member
Member
Posts: 24
Joined: Thu, 29 Sep 2016 4:32 pm

Re: Chances of citizenship approval

Post by NorthIndian » Mon, 03 Dec 2018 7:43 pm

My citizenship approval is 2 yrs old now, haven’t received any reply. Can I still keep some hope?

User avatar
singaporeflyer
Manager
Manager
Posts: 1752
Joined: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 9:49 am

Re: Chances of citizenship approval

Post by singaporeflyer » Tue, 04 Dec 2018 11:15 am

NorthIndian wrote:My citizenship approval is 2 yrs old now, haven’t received any reply. Can I still keep some hope?

Did you email or call ICA regarding this?

NorthIndian
Member
Member
Posts: 24
Joined: Thu, 29 Sep 2016 4:32 pm

Re: Chances of citizenship approval

Post by NorthIndian » Tue, 04 Dec 2018 4:03 pm

Not yet. In other posts and in my post, people are saying that it isn’t advisable to mail ICA, they will take their own time.

Shall I?

User avatar
singaporeflyer
Manager
Manager
Posts: 1752
Joined: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 9:49 am

Re: Chances of citizenship approval

Post by singaporeflyer » Tue, 04 Dec 2018 4:57 pm

NorthIndian wrote:Not yet. In other posts and in my post, people are saying that it isn’t advisable to mail ICA, they will take their own time.

Shall I?
Since it is almost 2 years, you can ask them. Be there is a slight chance that you might get the standard reply asking you to wait.

Bakulii
Regular
Regular
Posts: 52
Joined: Mon, 15 Dec 2008 5:30 pm
Location: Singapore

Re: Chances of citizenship approval

Post by Bakulii » Wed, 19 Dec 2018 12:19 pm

NorthIndian wrote:My citizenship approval is 2 yrs old now, haven’t received any reply. Can I still keep some hope?
Have you actually check your application status online and it still says "Pending"?
2 years seems to be a bit long for a decision to be made. Did they ask you for any additional documents during that 2 yr period?

i would have called in and speak to an officer and just made sure it is indeed still under process.

NorthIndian
Member
Member
Posts: 24
Joined: Thu, 29 Sep 2016 4:32 pm

Re: Chances of citizenship approval

Post by NorthIndian » Thu, 14 Mar 2019 8:28 pm

I called ICA officer and they said it is still under process.I have submitted my latest payslips. I am not sure why it is taking so long time

Dates are
Online submission : Dec 2016
Document submission : June 2017

I guess.. I just need to be patient.

Any guesses what can be outcome?

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 35795
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 1:26 pm
Location: Still Fishing!
Contact:

Re: Chances of citizenship approval

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 14 Mar 2019 8:34 pm

They are hoping you get tired of waiting and just up and go home.

NorthIndian
Member
Member
Posts: 24
Joined: Thu, 29 Sep 2016 4:32 pm

Re: Chances of citizenship approval

Post by NorthIndian » Tue, 14 May 2019 6:31 am

Received rejection letter after 23 months of wait after submitting document.

What can be reasons for rejection? Shall I appeal? How to do appeal? What all points I can put in appeal?

User avatar
singaporeflyer
Manager
Manager
Posts: 1752
Joined: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 9:49 am

Re: Chances of citizenship approval

Post by singaporeflyer » Tue, 14 May 2019 10:30 am

NorthIndian wrote:Received rejection letter after 23 months of wait after submitting document.

What can be reasons for rejection? Shall I appeal? How to do appeal? What all points I can put in appeal?
No one in the forum can tell you the exact reason for the rejection.

Rejection will be usually due to a set of factors and not just 1. Example, if they have a point based system internally, how can you tell which is the reason for rejection. It may be 2-3 areas in which you didnt get enough points and your total didnt cross the minimum needed to be successful.

We can almost certainly say that appeal will not be helping either unless you have missed out providing something very significant in your application and you are providing it now in the appeal.

You might wait for another 1-2 years, see if there is something that you can improve in your career, profession, etc and then try again

NorthIndian
Member
Member
Posts: 24
Joined: Thu, 29 Sep 2016 4:32 pm

Re: Chances of citizenship approval

Post by NorthIndian » Tue, 14 May 2019 11:02 am

I disagree to your view that there is point based system. Because if it is why they need so long time to calculate points. In my view, they are suspicious if I may use Singapore as stepping stone to move to other country.

In 1-2 yr time nothing much gonna change in my profile, because I have stable career , salary above 200K , 2 kids ( boy and a girl ) , house , working wife. So in my view appeal may work if I can assure them that I have plan to get rooted to Singapore for good.

NorthIndian
Member
Member
Posts: 24
Joined: Thu, 29 Sep 2016 4:32 pm

Re: Chances of citizenship approval

Post by NorthIndian » Tue, 14 May 2019 11:05 am

Another reason I could have failed because , I am not from preferred race.

User avatar
singaporeflyer
Manager
Manager
Posts: 1752
Joined: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 9:49 am

Re: Chances of citizenship approval

Post by singaporeflyer » Tue, 14 May 2019 2:02 pm

NorthIndian wrote:I disagree to your view that there is point based system. Because if it is why they need so long time to calculate points. In my view, they are suspicious if I may use Singapore as stepping stone to move to other country.

In 1-2 yr time nothing much gonna change in my profile, because I have stable career , salary above 200K , 2 kids ( boy and a girl ) , house , working wife. So in my view appeal may work if I can assure them that I have plan to get rooted to Singapore for good.
Go ahead and try appealing. If you would like to disagree, why would you ask for opinions here in the forum? I feel ICA will have a point based system which they wont disclose to anyone. The time that they take is long because you are not from the preferred race. But that does not mean, they dont have a point based system.

Are you aware that many years ago (12 years ago) they had an online portal to check for your eligibility for PR? Without points how can the system say you are eligible, not eligible etc?

NorthIndian
Member
Member
Posts: 24
Joined: Thu, 29 Sep 2016 4:32 pm

Re: Chances of citizenship approval

Post by NorthIndian » Tue, 14 May 2019 2:38 pm

Ok thanks

Post Reply


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “General Discussions”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests