Singapore Expats

Father SC, mother PR and child born in foreign country

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Re: Father SC, mother PR and child born in foreign country

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 07 Oct 2016 6:48 am

Hopefully they won't give him either one as his father is trying to game the system. I would suggest OP goes to Myanmar NOW as he is useless to Singapore and only wants to abuse the system. there are enough doing it here already and that is why it harder on everybody else who DOES want to stay here. Don't let the door hit him in the arse on the way to the plane to Myanmar. Singapore gave him a good life so now he doesn't want to pay it's dues. Good riddance to him, as he's not what the country needs.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Re: RE: Re: Father SC, mother PR and child born in foreign country

Post by ecureilx » Fri, 07 Oct 2016 8:16 am

brad80 wrote:Hi all, thks for replying..wife is PR n she is myanmar citizen..my intention for my boy is to get myanmar citizenship n skip ns..so, he ll get Myanmar passport n when I bring him here, he ll be granted only ltvp, right?
But, it ll be until 18 n he gotta decide whether he wants to get PR or SC, correct?
18 ?

Oh no.

It's much earlier than that.

Good luck

SaraAbdul

Post by SaraAbdul » Fri, 07 Oct 2016 10:03 am

brad80 wrote:Hi all, thks for replying..wife is PR n she is myanmar citizen..my intention for my boy is to get myanmar citizenship n skip ns..so, he ll get Myanmar passport n when I bring him here, he ll be granted only ltvp, right?
But, it ll be until 18 n he gotta decide whether he wants to get PR or SC, correct?
Hi Brad,

We seen this too many before. You will just make his life difficult if he in the future wants to be SPR or SC. Unless you believe he will have no interest to be SPR. Your call i say.

cittakaro

Post by cittakaro » Fri, 07 Oct 2016 11:20 am

Hi brad80,
I don't think you can get SC after having LTVP. LVTP is for foreigner only.
So if you decided to get Myanmar Citizenship for your son, then you can apply for LTVP or PR for your son, but subject to approval. If you apply PR after 18, yes you can skip NS for your son. But by doing this way, your son only can get SC by apply it himself, not by overseas born child scheme.

Second option is to get Myanmar Citizenship and Singapore Citizenship (Dual Citizenship). Your son will get two passport, but since Myanmar does not allow dual citizenship, you can't show Singapore passport to Myanmar Custom officer, or they will renounce your son Myanmar Citizenship. But in Singapore, it will be okay. By doing this way, your son need to serve 2 Years in NS.

so is your choice, serve NS or lost opportunity to get Singapore Citizenship.

I am also mixed marriage and my son has dual citizenship. I will let him to decide when he grows up.

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Re: RE: Re: Father SC, mother PR and child born in foreign country

Post by ecureilx » Fri, 07 Oct 2016 1:45 pm

SaraAbdul wrote: We seen this too many before. You will just make his life difficult if he in the future wants to be SPR or SC. Unless you believe he will have no interest to be SPR. Your call i say.
The decision age 11 I think.

I also recall, of one Malaysian who's PR father thought keeping one son on dependant pass, long term pass, Student pass etc is best way to avoid NS.

Now the fellow, bring smart, (or passionate.... ) became a nurse, fully qualified, but can't get his dream job of proving himself in SCDF.

Yes, Still he's being held on anything but PR or SC, and minus security clearance (and no NS), limited future awaits in his career.

He is more than a bit bitter about his bleak future in Singapore.

Limited to non emergency ambulance, factory medic and stuff, but never the thrill of real Ambulance Medic.

Even though he has won awards, commendations, enough high visibility volunteer work...

Mom, father, sister, all are PR.

cittakaro wrote: Your son will get two passport, but since Myanmar does not allow dual citizenship, you can't show Singapore passport to Myanmar Custom officer, or they will renounce your son Myanmar Citizenship. But in Singapore, it will be okay.
I know a couple of Myanmar friends who do this ...

okonu
Regular
Regular

Post by okonu » Fri, 07 Oct 2016 5:28 pm

Second option is to get Myanmar Citizenship and Singapore Citizenship (Dual Citizenship). Your son will get two passport, but since Myanmar does not allow dual citizenship, you can't show Singapore passport to Myanmar Custom officer, or they will renounce your son Myanmar Citizenship. But in Singapore, it will be okay. By doing this way, your son need to serve 2 Years in NS.
Runs the risk (if he travels back and forth alot) that Myanmar immigration get curious about why his Myanmar passport has no singapore stamps. I know people who do this with Aussie/ Indonesian passports, but they have to be careful to always fly with stopover in Singapore, not on direct flights.

brad80

Post by brad80 » Sat, 08 Oct 2016 11:03 am

cittakaro wrote:
Hi brad80,
I don't think you can get SC after having LTVP. LVTP is for foreigner only.
So if you decided to get Myanmar Citizenship for your son, then you can apply for LTVP or PR for your son, but subject to approval. If you apply PR after 18, yes you can skip NS for your son. But by doing this way, your son only can get SC by apply it himself, not by overseas born child scheme.

so is your choice, serve NS or lost opportunity to get Singapore Citizenship.

I am also mixed marriage and my son has dual citizenship. I will let him to decide when he grows up.
thks a lot..