Singapore Expats

xiaomi notebook air

Discuss about computers & Internet. Including mobile phones, home appliances & other gadgets. Read about Windows security risks or virus updates.
lucassmith
Regular
Regular

xiaomi notebook air

Post by lucassmith » Tue, 27 Sep 2016 6:45 pm

https://www.engadget.com/2016/07/27/xia ... top-china/

Anyone has any reviews or experiences with this?
Am looking to get a travel friendly laptop and this seems like a good deal, esp with the specs.

ketua1

Re: xiaomi notebook air

Post by ketua1 » Sat, 01 Oct 2016 8:40 am

Unfortunately no experience. Any idea if there is a shop here where you can have a look at the notebook first?

Sent from my MI NOTE LTE using Tapatalk

lucassmith
Regular
Regular

Post by lucassmith » Mon, 17 Oct 2016 3:35 pm

decided to take the leap and got a friend to purchase for me over at china.
happy with it so far.
we'll see how it goes.

physically a macbook ripoff but at half the price and double the power.

zzm9980
Governor
Governor

Post by zzm9980 » Sun, 27 Nov 2016 1:24 pm

I have one of these, purchased at a Xiaomi store in China. I love it, the price was great. There are extra PCI-E slots to expand it.

It is definitely a Apple rip off, but it is NOT half the power. The 12" is same cpu/gpu specs as the "Macbook" (not Air), but half the RAM, while much bigger. It's a good laptop for the price, but it' *not* faster than the Apple models.

I run Arch Linux on mine though. Nearly flawless, I've gotten all of the hardware to work with minimal hassle. Not sure how fast it is with Windows.

lucassmith
Regular
Regular

Post by lucassmith » Fri, 17 Mar 2017 5:42 pm

zzm9980 wrote:I have one of these, purchased at a Xiaomi store in China. I love it, the price was great. There are extra PCI-E slots to expand it.

It is definitely a Apple rip off, but it is NOT half the power. The 12" is same cpu/gpu specs as the "Macbook" (not Air), but half the RAM, while much bigger. It's a good laptop for the price, but it' *not* faster than the Apple models.

I run Arch Linux on mine though. Nearly flawless, I've gotten all of the hardware to work with minimal hassle. Not sure how fast it is with Windows.
Yea I got the 13" and all is good so far

pity that I'm not techie enough to use linux or even install the eng windows os over :(