Singapore Expats Forum
 

Polish national looking for a job on a SVP

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.
Post Reply
KamilaW
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu, 22 Sep 2016 1:45 am

Polish national looking for a job on a SVP

Post by KamilaW » Tue, 27 Sep 2016 5:45 pm

Hi,

I am a Polish lady in Singapore on a SVP and I'm currently trying to look for a job in the F&B sector. I have 8 years of experience working in London in food and business chains and my last job was as an assistant manager in a huge chain in London. I also have a Degree in Gastronomy Management from Poland. Any advice or realistic chances i could get a job here? Do advice. Thank You!

User avatar
ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 9811
Joined: Fri, 20 Aug 2010 5:18 pm

Re: RE: Polish national looking for a job on a SVP

Post by ecureilx » Tue, 27 Sep 2016 5:48 pm

KamilaW wrote:Hi,

I am a Polish lady in Singapore on a SVP and I'm currently trying to look for a job in the F&B sector. I have 8 years of experience working in London in food and business chains and my last job was as an assistant manager in a huge chain in London. I also have a Degree in Gastronomy Management from Poland. Any advice or realistic chances i could get a job here? Do advice. Thank You!
Unless you target those upper class places, it's gonna be tough.

The competition is ready to work for low pay.

Keep trying.

What's your speciality?

KamilaW
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu, 22 Sep 2016 1:45 am

Re: Polish national looking for a job on a SVP

Post by KamilaW » Tue, 27 Sep 2016 6:49 pm

I was working mainly in big cafe chains like PRET a Manger and EAT in London. Mainly in F&B, hopefully the restaurant or tourism industry would be viable areas too? I have applied through indeed/jobcentral etc but replies are zero to nothing, perhaps i would have to contact them through LinkedIn or recruitment agencies and such?

User avatar
ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 9811
Joined: Fri, 20 Aug 2010 5:18 pm

Re: RE: Re: Polish national looking for a job on a SVP

Post by ecureilx » Tue, 27 Sep 2016 7:00 pm

KamilaW wrote:I was working mainly in big cafe chains like PRET a Manger and EAT in London. Mainly in F&B, hopefully the restaurant or tourism industry would be viable areas too? I have applied through indeed/jobcentral etc but replies are zero to nothing, perhaps i would have to contact them through LinkedIn or recruitment agencies and such?
Errr ...

You didn't say what exactly you did there ..

F&B is very low pay + massive number of candidates, plus government restriction on passes for that trade severely will limit interests from any possible employer. That's the truth.

User avatar
taxico
Director
Director
Posts: 3223
Joined: Sat, 10 May 2008 6:05 pm
Location: Existential dilemma!

Re: Polish national looking for a job on a SVP

Post by taxico » Wed, 28 Sep 2016 12:13 am

(i hope you weren't an AM at mcd's... that experience might not look good on paper in singapore...!)
Aut viam ad caelum inveniam aut faciam

User avatar
Strong Eagle
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 11630
Joined: Sat, 10 Jul 2004 12:13 am
Location: Off The Red Dot
Contact:

Re: Polish national looking for a job on a SVP

Post by Strong Eagle » Wed, 28 Sep 2016 8:45 am

I'd check out some of the restaurants/bars on Boat Quay. Penny Black and Harrys come to mind... one of them just got fined big $$ for saying they paid their people EP wages.

KamilaW
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu, 22 Sep 2016 1:45 am

Re: Polish national looking for a job on a SVP

Post by KamilaW » Sun, 02 Oct 2016 9:37 pm

No i wasn't a manager at Mcdonalds haha.I will check out more places definitely. Thanks everyone for your feedback! Onward and forward!!

User avatar
ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 9811
Joined: Fri, 20 Aug 2010 5:18 pm

Re: RE: Re: Polish national looking for a job on a SVP

Post by ecureilx » Sun, 02 Oct 2016 11:20 pm

KamilaW wrote:No i wasn't a manager at Mcdonalds haha.I will check out more places definitely. Thanks everyone for your feedback! Onward and forward!!
In case you missed it, passes overseas manager types for FnB are being controlled now, so try up market establishments.

And take note of SEs reminder on the salary issue.

Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Careers & Jobs in Singapore”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests