Singapore Expats

Long Term Visit Pass (LTVP) for foreign wife

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Long Term Visit Pass (LTVP) for foreign wife

Post by ecureilx » Mon, 04 Sep 2017 11:19 pm

Helpinghand91 wrote:Hello even i am facing the same issue here my wife an india masters in business honors worked in india for 3 yrs and myself bachelors in computers singapore citizen born here but studied in india i applied for pre marriage assesment which got rejected i am getting married in India this october and planning to bring her now i am worried wat if they create prblms for giving long term anybody here can help me with what should i do somemore i have a criminal record didnt enlist for my national service on time will that affect ??? But i have finished NS with really good testimonies and all .please guys anyone can help me with what should i do
What a story

No idea how to advice other than pray.

Show your are a good citizen.

Engage in community

Helpinghand91

Post by Helpinghand91 » Tue, 05 Sep 2017 4:41 pm

:mrgreen: i really need to know will my criminal record affect her long term pass ??? As i am working now for one year with a salary of more than 3500 sgd. Have you ever heard of anyone having same prblm ? Do anyone think this can be a problem or i am just worried for nothing ??

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Tue, 05 Sep 2017 7:10 pm

Helpinghand91 wrote::mrgreen: i really need to know will my criminal record affect her long term pass ??? As i am working now for one year with a salary of more than 3500 sgd. Have you ever heard of anyone having same prblm ? Do anyone think this can be a problem or i am just worried for nothing ??
As a pink IC, you have more rights than others.

So if you encounter problems, go fight it out.

Will your past haunt you ?

Personally I doubt it since you are allowed to travel freely ;)

Saraann

Post by Saraann » Wed, 18 Oct 2017 11:30 pm

Hi all! Am in a similar boat, hoping someone could share their tips on obtaining lvtp (will apply for pre marriage assessment prior). Am SC currently working in Sydney and fiancé is Australian.

Planning to move back to SG permanently so will be applying for ltvp for him, but won't move until we are sure he can get a job. Couple of things I'm worried about:

1. Haven't worked in SG so no CPF, been working 10 years in Sydney and earn $8k/mth
2. He's divorced with a kid aged 17
3. Together 4 years, marrying next year
4. He's 55, I'm 35 (I know how this looks)

Would we be able to apply for LTVP from overseas? Does age and him having a dependent play a factor?

Thanks,
Sara Ann

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Thu, 19 Oct 2017 8:06 pm

Saraann wrote:Hi all! Am in a similar boat, hoping someone could share their tips on obtaining lvtp (will apply for pre marriage assessment prior). Am SC currently working in Sydney and fiancé is Australian.

Planning to move back to SG permanently so will be applying for ltvp for him, but won't move until we are sure he can get a job. Couple of things I'm worried about:

1. Haven't worked in SG so no CPF, been working 10 years in Sydney and earn $8k/mth
2. He's divorced with a kid aged 17
3. Together 4 years, marrying next year
4. He's 55, I'm 35 (I know how this looks)

Would we be able to apply for LTVP from overseas? Does age and him having a dependent play a factor?

Thanks,
Sara Ann
You won't know until you try.

Get married

Dragonboi

Post by Dragonboi » Tue, 04 Dec 2018 9:25 pm

Hi everybody. I chances upon this thread of getting married overseas.

My fiancée is from mainland China and i’m from Singapore, pure breed citizen.

We are deciding to have our marriage in Hongkong and will bring her back with me to apply for a pass.

Will getting married overseas impact any chances? Thank you for all the help!!

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 05 Dec 2018 8:40 am

Interesting. You are a Malay and planning to marry a PRC?
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Dragonboi

Post by Dragonboi » Wed, 05 Dec 2018 8:52 am

Nope. Pure Chinese.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 05 Dec 2018 9:13 am

Had to ask as it seemed funny (but I figured you were Chinese as that would be the only race here with that mindset). You see, you are NOT pure breed Singaporean unless your are Malay. All other races are from immigrant stock so therefore are not pure breed Singaporeans. Only the Malays can claim that right.

As to your question, no. It won't have any bearing on your marriage or her getting a pass. Unless. Has she ever worked in Singapore before on a Work Permit? If that is the case, you would need to approach the MOM for permission to marry her. Otherwise, you will have major problems obtaining a pass for her. If she's never been on a WP, no issue and no permission is required (e.g., S or EP passes).
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Dragonboi

Post by Dragonboi » Wed, 05 Dec 2018 9:18 am

Oh sorry pardon my mistake on the pure breed singaporean, thanks for correcting me!

She has never worked in Singapore before and has been here for a few times to visit me and my family.

Thanks for helping to clear my doubts!