Singapore Expats

PR Approved, but i am unemployed now

Moving to Singapore? Ask our regular expats in Singapore questions on relocation and their experience here. Ask about banking, employment pass, insurance, visa, work permit, citizenship or immigration issues.

Sponsored by:

Utrust Immigration
ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Re: PR Approved, but i am unemployed now

Post by ecureilx » Fri, 08 Sep 2017 4:19 pm

Pen ny wrote:
ecureilx wrote:
Pen ny wrote:Hi.may i know my husband pr just approved .buthe is unemployed now but he is not holding a EP or SPass in the past .so do i still need to file the employment form152.thanks you

He applied PR as family or Technical ?
As family
I meant is he the primary applicant ?

He can present the past pay slips as proof of employment.

qiruv

Post by qiruv » Tue, 15 Jan 2019 6:06 pm

cjliaw14 wrote:
singaporeflyer wrote:
jamie9vardy wrote: You need to make an eAppointment to complete the formalities (you have 2 months to do so).

You will need to have the EP152 form signed by your employer and a medical check up done to complete the formalities.

So it depends on how fast your HR signs it and how long the doctor and lab take to come back with your medical check results.
+1.

Basically it will mainly narrow down to, when is the earliest appointment that you can get and EP152 form completion by your employer. The medical checkup can be fast tracked and can be completed in 2-3 days.

Also, in most of the cases the letter should reach you within a week. Do keep us updated on how it goes.

Where are you originally from ? Asking this as it looks that you have managed to get your PR being on a S Pass.
“The purpose of the EP152 is for the applicants to confirm that they are still working in the same company as declared in their SPR application forms. If the employer refuses to sign the EP152, ICA is prepared to accept other forms of documentary evidence (e.g. a valid work pass, last 6 months' payslips, etc) of applicant's employment status. “

I just read about this online, and my worries is “The purpose of the EP152 is for the applicants to confirm that they are still working in the same company as declared in their SPR application forms” . So now if I am with different employer, will they not want to knowledge my EP152 by different employer as declared in their SPR application forms, and wanted to review on my application again. Or should I just ask my employer to help me sign Annex 4 and with employment letter again to support the EP152.

“when is the earliest appointment that you can get and EP152 form completion by your employer” as for this part, I think i will need to get the new employer to sign it for me, and it won’t take too long as the new job I might be taking is work for my ex-colleague who now open a company himself.
And I just check with my family, the letter was just received this morning.

I’ll just share a bit of my case…
I am Malaysian Chinese, 29 years old, salary only S$ 2,500. I applied this when I was holding S-Pass , working for my old company for 7 years.

I just changed to my current job middle of early this year , and actually my application was withdrawn during the time (2 months) I was looking for job. And I was told by ICA that they ceased the application due to I do not have valid pass. And I believe during that time, my application was quite likely to getting approve. But due to I was jobless, so they withdrew it.

Then I emailed them saying I changed job, and ICA officer asked me to update my employment status and appeal for it.

I appealed it on May 2016, and after another 4 months of waiting, I finally got the approval, but… just at bad timing…lol…

And my salary was from S$ 2650 to current S$ 2500 tho…
Thanks for sharing!

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 15 Jan 2019 9:23 pm

Another one without any common sense.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

jzlee911

Post by jzlee911 » Tue, 02 Apr 2019 2:22 pm

Hi guys, so just submit EP152 form filled by your new employer will do right? If you happened to change job during your pr application

Subashrao7

Post by Subashrao7 » Thu, 25 Apr 2019 7:37 am

Hi, I am confused now. Please enlighten me. I applied pr with my EP last year. And after I applied a month later, my company downgraded my EP to spass. And my pr has been approved last week. Does this spass will effect my pr when I submit my documents on the booking date?

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 25 Apr 2019 5:31 pm

If you failed to notify them, it could. Probably won't, but it could.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers