Singapore Expats

PR Approved, but i am unemployed now

Moving to Singapore? Ask our regular expats in Singapore questions on relocation and their experience here. Ask about banking, employment pass, insurance, visa, work permit, citizenship or immigration issues.

Sponsored by:

Utrust Immigration
cjliaw14

Post by cjliaw14 » Thu, 22 Sep 2016 8:16 am

Hi All,

I need advise for my PR Approval...

After 1.5 years of waiting, finally i got my PR approved ...but at the great timing which i am serving 1 last week notice for my this current job...

Which means, next week will be the last week of working in this company. So i am considered unemployed while my PR is approved now.

I would like to know that if am lucky enough to quickly got another job that can have the same salary and same S Pass as i have now in next few weeks, and am i still able to proceed to complete the PR application and submit the annex signed by my new employer , or i will still need to update ICA again for the changed of my job, and wait for their decision again, which means that there might be chances that my PR approval will be revoked??

My company already submitted the IR 21 for me, so i dont think i am able to request them not to cancel my S Pass until i get my PR done.

Thanks All.

singaporeflyer
Answers: 1

Re: PR Approved, but i am unemployed now

Post by singaporeflyer » Thu, 22 Sep 2016 10:27 am

Have you not received the letter? Usually it is fast.

Next, you should find a new Job as soon as possible and there will be a new form in the approval letter which will need your employer to certify that you are employed. In that form ask your new employer to fill and sign. With this you should be ok.

cjliaw14

Post by cjliaw14 » Thu, 22 Sep 2016 10:45 am

singaporeflyer wrote:Have you not received the letter? Usually it is fast.

Next, you should find a new Job as soon as possible and there will be a new form in the approval letter which will need your employer to certify that you are employed. In that form ask your new employer to fill and sign. With this you should be ok.
Hi, Thanks for your reply. I did not receive the letter yet, because I think it just got approved few days ago. When I check the status last week, it was still under pending. Hope I can get it within next few days. But from what I read online, seems it might take days to weeks for ICA to send out the letter after we saw it is approved online?

Hopefully I should be able to get a new job soon. So I can just use the form in the approval letter to get my new employer to sign on it and submit it together will do? Hopefully ICA won’t be reviewing my case again or changed their decision because of the changed of employer. Do you happened to heard before any case similar to this?

cjliaw14

Post by cjliaw14 » Thu, 22 Sep 2016 11:00 am

hi, another question.. usually it will take how long to complete the whole formalities application from the moment i got the letter. Let's says if i got the letter in this 2 days, and is it possible to get it done within a week?

jamie9vardy
Chatter
Chatter

Post by jamie9vardy » Thu, 22 Sep 2016 11:17 am

cjliaw14 wrote:hi, another question.. usually it will take how long to complete the whole formalities application from the moment i got the letter. Let's says if i got the letter in this 2 days, and is it possible to get it done within a week?
You need to make an eAppointment to complete the formalities (you have 2 months to do so).

You will need to have the EP152 form signed by your employer and a medical check up done to complete the formalities.

So it depends on how fast your HR signs it and how long the doctor and lab take to come back with your medical check results.

singaporeflyer
Answers: 1

Post by singaporeflyer » Thu, 22 Sep 2016 11:36 am

jamie9vardy wrote:
cjliaw14 wrote:hi, another question.. usually it will take how long to complete the whole formalities application from the moment i got the letter. Let's says if i got the letter in this 2 days, and is it possible to get it done within a week?
You need to make an eAppointment to complete the formalities (you have 2 months to do so).

You will need to have the EP152 form signed by your employer and a medical check up done to complete the formalities.

So it depends on how fast your HR signs it and how long the doctor and lab take to come back with your medical check results.
+1.

Basically it will mainly narrow down to, when is the earliest appointment that you can get and EP152 form completion by your employer. The medical checkup can be fast tracked and can be completed in 2-3 days.

Also, in most of the cases the letter should reach you within a week. Do keep us updated on how it goes.

Where are you originally from ? Asking this as it looks that you have managed to get your PR being on a S Pass.

cjliaw14

Post by cjliaw14 » Thu, 22 Sep 2016 12:03 pm

singaporeflyer wrote:
jamie9vardy wrote:

+1.

Basically it will mainly narrow down to, when is the earliest appointment that you can get and EP152 form completion by your employer. The medical checkup can be fast tracked and can be completed in 2-3 days.

Also, in most of the cases the letter should reach you within a week. Do keep us updated on how it goes.

Where are you originally from ? Asking this as it looks that you have managed to get your PR being on a S Pass.
“The purpose of the EP152 is for the applicants to confirm that they are still working in the same company as declared in their SPR application forms. If the employer refuses to sign the EP152, ICA is prepared to accept other forms of documentary evidence (e.g. a valid work pass, last 6 months' payslips, etc) of applicant's employment status. “

I just read about this online, and my worries is “The purpose of the EP152 is for the applicants to confirm that they are still working in the same company as declared in their SPR application forms” . So now if I am with different employer, will they not want to knowledge my EP152 by different employer as declared in their SPR application forms, and wanted to review on my application again. Or should I just ask my employer to help me sign Annex 4 and with employment letter again to support the EP152.

“when is the earliest appointment that you can get and EP152 form completion by your employer” as for this part, I think i will need to get the new employer to sign it for me, and it won’t take too long as the new job I might be taking is work for my ex-colleague who now open a company himself.
And I just check with my family, the letter was just received this morning.

I’ll just share a bit of my case…
I am Malaysian Chinese, 29 years old, salary only S$ 2,500. I applied this when I was holding S-Pass , working for my old company for 7 years.

I just changed to my current job middle of early this year , and actually my application was withdrawn during the time (2 months) I was looking for job. And I was told by ICA that they ceased the application due to I do not have valid pass. And I believe during that time, my application was quite likely to getting approve. But due to I was jobless, so they withdrew it.

Then I emailed them saying I changed job, and ICA officer asked me to update my employment status and appeal for it.

I appealed it on May 2016, and after another 4 months of waiting, I finally got the approval, but… just at bad timing…lol…

And my salary was from S$ 2650 to current S$ 2500 tho…

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Re: RE: Re: PR Approved, but i am unemployed now

Post by ecureilx » Thu, 22 Sep 2016 12:14 pm

cjliaw14 wrote: Then I emailed them saying I changed job, and ICA officer asked me to update my employment status and appeal for it.

I appealed it on May 2016, and after another 4 months of waiting, I finally got the approval, but… just at bad timing…lol…

And my salary was from S$ 2650 to current S$ 2500 tho…
Ok, my personal knowledge says you can submit the pay slips, if employer HR kiasu to sign. Talk to the ICA guy when you go for the appointment.

Some HR really refuse to sign because it's easier to pass the buck - tai chi.

Plus fear of CPF etc. As if delaying will make the problem go away. Image

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Thu, 22 Sep 2016 12:18 pm

cjliaw14 wrote: I just changed to my current job middle of early this year , and actually my application was withdrawn during the time (2 months) I was looking for job. And I was told by ICA that they ceased the application due to I do not have valid pass. And I believe during that time, my application was quite likely to getting approve. But due to I was jobless, so they withdrew it.

Then I emailed them saying I changed job, and ICA officer asked me to update my employment status and appeal for it.
L
Interesting to know ICA is closely monitoring pass status for PR applicants!!

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 22 Sep 2016 12:20 pm

ecureilx wrote:
cjliaw14 wrote: I just changed to my current job middle of early this year , and actually my application was withdrawn during the time (2 months) I was looking for job. And I was told by ICA that they ceased the application due to I do not have valid pass. And I believe during that time, my application was quite likely to getting approve. But due to I was jobless, so they withdrew it.

L
Interesting to know ICA is closely monitoring pass status for PR applicants!!
Of course they are going to know about it. Once the Work Visa is cancelled then the SVP is issued by ICA, not MOM. :P Once ICA has to issue an SVP to a FIN holder, their file is updated (Oh! lookie that, he's got a PR application pending. Hmmmmm?
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: PR Approved, but i am unemployed now

Post by ecureilx » Thu, 22 Sep 2016 12:24 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote: Of course they are going to know about it. Once the Work Visa is cancelled then the SVP is issued by ICA, not MOM. Image Once ICA has to issue an SVP to a FIN holder, their file is updated (Oh! lookie that, he's got a PR application pending. Hmmmmm?
I got that, but in the past, more than few who became unemployed were approved PR and they had to write explanation letters and come back once they got a job - like LPR, vs now the application being put in withdrawn status!

Closer monitoring now says me. Image

cjliaw14

Post by cjliaw14 » Thu, 22 Sep 2016 12:39 pm

But I don't think they are updating immediately... Because I was still been checking like every week after I no more working there. And then it was withdrawn like 1.5 months after I am jobless. Which make me think they might want to approve my application back then, but then when they look into the system and realised I am not working in sg anymore on that time so they withdrew it.

Pen ny

Post by Pen ny » Fri, 08 Sep 2017 1:35 pm

Hi.may i know my husband pr just approved .buthe is unemployed now but he is not holding a EP or SPass in the past .so do i still need to file the employment form152.thanks you

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Fri, 08 Sep 2017 1:41 pm

Pen ny wrote:Hi.may i know my husband pr just approved .buthe is unemployed now but he is not holding a EP or SPass in the past .so do i still need to file the employment form152.thanks you

He applied PR as family or Technical ?

Pen ny

Post by Pen ny » Fri, 08 Sep 2017 1:53 pm

ecureilx wrote:
Pen ny wrote:Hi.may i know my husband pr just approved .buthe is unemployed now but he is not holding a EP or SPass in the past .so do i still need to file the employment form152.thanks you

He applied PR as family or Technical ?
As family