Singapore Expats Forum

Challenge of Voltage/Digital standards differences between USA and Singapore

Discuss about computers & Internet. Including mobile phones, home appliances & other gadgets. Read about Windows security risks or virus updates.
x9200

Re: Challenge of Voltage/Digital standards differences between USA and Singapore

Postby x9200 » Thu, 15 Sep 2016 12:00 pm

This is how I checked my 200W before saying it was an autotransformer. N was not grounded.

PNGMK
Governor
Governor

Re: Challenge of Voltage/Digital standards differences between USA and Singapore

Postby PNGMK » Thu, 15 Sep 2016 1:24 pm

x9200 wrote:This is how I checked my 200W before saying it was an autotransformer. N was not grounded.

Was the secondary and primary connected?
I have gay, black, Asian friends and then JR8.

x9200

Postby x9200 » Thu, 15 Sep 2016 1:32 pm

Yes. 20-70 ohms depending on the combination (In/Out/N/L). Plus probably a capacitor somewhere between N and L judging from the meter's slow response.

But I am not the OP, I am just exploring...

PNGMK
Governor
Governor

Postby PNGMK » Thu, 15 Sep 2016 1:53 pm

The meter's slow response may be due to the inductive affect of the TXR, similar to a capacitor.

watours

Postby watours » Thu, 15 Sep 2016 4:02 pm

PNGMK wrote:Mmm. I bet that's an auto transformer but can't be sure without a meter. I'd recommend something like this https://www.amazon.com/ACUPWR-AUD-1500- ... ransformer

i've ordered this transformer; will test with this and post results. Thanks for your help

watours

Postby watours » Mon, 03 Oct 2016 9:20 am

PNGMK wrote:Mmm. I bet that's an auto transformer but can't be sure without a meter. I'd recommend something like this https://www.amazon.com/ACUPWR-AUD-1500- ... ransformer

Thanks you so much for your help. I had this transformer delivered over the weekend and it fixed the problem. As it turns out, it was a grounding issue.

You are a genius; and thank you so much once again for recommending a great product.

PNGMK
Governor
Governor

Postby PNGMK » Mon, 03 Oct 2016 10:30 am

watours wrote:

Thanks you so much for your help. I had this transformer delivered over the weekend and it fixed the problem. As it turns out, it was a grounding issue.

You are a genius; and thank you so much once again for recommending a great product.

Well between myself and StrongEagle and the others you have a few decades of electrical engineering experience contributing. Glad to see the issue resolved.

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 03 Oct 2016 11:41 am

PNGMK, you do yourself and SE a disservice. As old as you two old coots are, I'd say a LOT of decades of experience! :lol: :lol: :P :mrgreen: