Singapore Expats

Taiwan Vacation

Discuss travel and holidays tips and advice here.
Honker

Taiwan Vacation

Post by Honker » Tue, 13 Sep 2016 1:05 pm

Hi. Anyone here has traveled to Taiwan and stayed in one of their Taiwan minsu/homestay?
Am looking to experience one of the stay in a recognised homestay during my upcoming Taiwan trip.
Anyone care to share?

Found this website talking about taiwan homestay but considering my options as of now. Need more opinions. This is the website link I found, just to share with all here. http://www.taiwan-minsu.com/

The Ref
Chatter
Chatter

Re: Taiwan Vacation

Post by The Ref » Tue, 13 Sep 2016 4:31 pm

I was in Taiwan a few weeks ago, but not in a homestay. What I will say is that Taipei was awesome, but outside of Taipei (I was just outside Yilan in Luodong) that there is very little english spoken. I didn't go far enough through the homestay booking process, but if you homestay in a place with no English that could be quite difficult if you don't speak mandarin.

But given it is your first and only post I am giving you the doubt that it is not a "spam" post.

Honker

Post by Honker » Wed, 14 Sep 2016 12:50 pm

Thank you for your information. I looking to go this year end but a bit clueless where to stay, dont wanna stay in Hotels this time round. I know some mandarin to get me into trouble, not enough to communicate. lol.

Aladdin2020

Post by Aladdin2020 » Sat, 12 Nov 2016 6:49 pm

Well I love going to Taiwan and i been there for almost 4 times and usually free and easy, using self made utube I hope to share my itineraries with those yet to been there and for those who been there but have not been to the place I visited, enjoy viewing
https://youtu.be/pnN81G1bKHs