What's the greatest challenge you've encountered in teaching your child a second language?

Discuss about childcare, parenthood, playschools, educational, family & international school issues.

Sponsored by:

Canadian International School
Ricardo Penaloza

What's the greatest challenge you've encountered in teaching your child a second language?

Post by Ricardo Penaloza » Sun, 11 Sep 2016 4:53 am

Hello, I am Ricardo! I'm really happy to have come across this site. I am currently having several struggles in teaching my son, Ricardo Jr., a second language. In our case, Spanish. My son's first language is English, by the way. If you are a parent like me, what is the greatest challenge you've encountered in teaching your child/children a second language and how are you able to deal with such hurdle? Thank you so much, and I am looking forward to your response and suggestions. Have a great day!

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 4

Re: What's the greatest challenge you've encountered in teaching your child a second language?

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sun, 11 Sep 2016 10:50 am

I think your first language is Tagalog considering your are posting from the 'peens. As I also know the ISP this will probably be your last post.

Life isn't about avoiding the bruises. It's about collecting the scars to prove we showed up for it!

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 4

Re: What's the greatest challenge you've encountered in teaching your child a second language?

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sun, 11 Sep 2016 10:51 am

I think your first language is Tagalog considering your are posting from the 'peens. As I also know the ISP this will probably be your last post.

Life isn't about avoiding the bruises. It's about collecting the scars to prove we showed up for it!