Singapore Expats Forum

Regarding about visa and some issue

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
NewherePls
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 16
Joined: Fri, 09 Sep 2016

Regarding about visa and some issue

Postby NewherePls » Fri, 09 Sep 2016 10:07 pm

Hi all, im not sure about the accurate of this forumn. But i see there alot of options been answered here..Anyway i will try.. Here it goes, is urgent and need real help and advise and not some people talking no sense..Thanks, my gf is from vietnamese, during yr2008 around march came to Singapore before..and last been cancelled the visa is 2009 may, she came in between that period is 4times. First, she was been banned 3yrs with 10fingerprint using inkpad n not scanner.. Last time because of her family, she been "forced", anyway is over. So she got an ex last time, she got caught by police asking her what she doing here in Singapore, (she ans working ktv).. When police got her, she was with one friend walking outside street. She was not caught in ktv or whatever.. She just reply honestly. Yes i admitted that she break the law before, and understand her situation. She used to have ex bf here and ICA at the airport last time(2008-09) did ask her before and she tell them the truth.. Only breakup then she go by other way which she or me know was wrong..and now we are truely in love.. Is been long time since the banned 2009 around may, she never get deported in Singapore but just only ask to go back as she alrdy have the return ticket before she got caught been asked outside the road.. Back then, the ica officer said need an singaporean to for her visa, i would like to know: 1st what kind of visa shd i apply for her as i want her to see my parents first?
2nd: we can planned to get married after seeing my parents in about 7-9months (to settle my work n my things)
3rd: i saw the form visa "tick yes or no for been deported from Singapore or other country" how shd i write?? She nv been sent back by ica officers in the airport. She went back alone on the departure date.. So how shd i tick the options? If no, what happen? If yes, what are the chances? Who can i appeal or who hv the same case as me? I just want to be the truth and need real advise..shd i write any letter to ICA or ask someone with company to apply visa on behalf?

User avatar
ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 9810
Joined: Fri, 20 Aug 2010

Re: RE: Regarding about visa and some issue

Postby ecureilx » Sat, 10 Sep 2016 9:01 am

My 2 cents only.

NewherePls wrote:Hi all, im not sure about the accurate of this forumn. But i see there alot of options been answered here..Anyway i will try.. Here it goes, is urgent and need real help and advise and not some people talking no sense..Thanks, my gf is from vietnamese, during yr2008 around march came to Singapore before..and last been cancelled the visa is 2009 may, she came in between that period is 4times. First, she was been banned 3yrs with 10fingerprint using inkpad n not scanner..


Doesn't matter, it's all in the system.

NewherePls wrote:Last time because of her family, she been "forced", anyway is over.


Hmmm. Not an excuse ICA will accept.

NewherePls wrote:So she got an ex last time, she got caught by police asking her what she doing here in Singapore, (she ans working ktv).. When police got her, she was with one friend walking outside street. She was not caught in ktv or whatever.. She just reply honestly.


If they saw her "walking" charged or not, she will be considered undesirable.

NewherePls wrote: Yes i admitted that she break the law before, and understand her situation. She used to have ex bf here and ICA at the airport last time(2008-09) did ask her before and she tell them the truth.. Only breakup then she go by other way which she or me know was wrong..


Contrition rarely worked in Sg.

NewherePls wrote:and now we are truely in love.. Is been long time since the banned 2009 around may, she never get deported in Singapore but just only ask to go back as she alrdy have the return ticket before she got caught been asked outside the road..


She was denied entry / banned. Which, for ICA, is about the same from what I know. And considered undesirable.

NewherePls wrote: Back then, the ica officer said need an singaporean to for her visa, i would like to know: 1st what kind of visa shd i apply for her as i want her to see my parents first?


Look for Form 14A, and fill it including her past ban.

NewherePls wrote:2nd: we can planned to get married after seeing my parents in about 7-9months (to settle my work n my things)
3rd: i saw the form visa "tick yes or no for been deported from Singapore or other country" how shd i write??


She been banned.

NewherePls wrote:She nv been sent back by ica officers in the airport. She went back alone on the departure date.. So how shd i tick the options? If no, what happen? If yes, what are the chances? Who can i appeal or who hv the same case as me? I just want to be the truth and need real advise..shd i write any letter to ICA or ask someone with company to apply visa on behalf?


As said, apply for Form 14A, and wait.

Based on their reply, then proceed.

NewherePls
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 16
Joined: Fri, 09 Sep 2016

Re: Regarding about visa and some issue

Postby NewherePls » Sun, 11 Sep 2016 12:36 pm

Hi, 1st what do u mean contrition rarely work in sgd?
2nd, "walking" or not, still counted as undesirable? (She indeed was just walking towards an phoneshop..thats when She was qn..)

User avatar
ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 9810
Joined: Fri, 20 Aug 2010

Re: RE: Re: Regarding about visa and some issue

Postby ecureilx » Sun, 11 Sep 2016 1:22 pm

NewherePls wrote:Hi, 1st what do u mean contrition rarely work in sgd?


Meaning saying sorry never worked ...

2nd, "walking" or not, still counted as undesirable? (She indeed was just walking towards an phoneshop..thats when She was qn..)


If a girl from some countries (like VN maybe? ) and suspicious travel patterns is walking out of a hourly hotel to a phone shop in geylang at 'peak' hour, it's tough to convince the authorities it's nothing immoral.

As I suggested you know what to do.

Give it a try and see if the authorities were only suspicious but not convinced.

NewherePls
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 16
Joined: Fri, 09 Sep 2016

Re: Regarding about visa and some issue

Postby NewherePls » Sun, 11 Sep 2016 2:29 pm

First, the problem is she did not came from any hotel or walking in and out of any place. It was like 7+pm she was about to go shop, it was just an randomly check by police, asking her what u doing here.. And was been bring back to ICA..

User avatar
taxico
Director
Director
Posts: 3190
Joined: Sat, 10 May 2008
Location: Existential dilemma!

Re: Regarding about visa and some issue

Postby taxico » Sun, 11 Sep 2016 9:00 pm

NewherePls wrote:First, the problem is she did not came from any hotel or walking in and out of any place. It was like 7+pm she was about to go shop, it was just an randomly check by police, asking her what u doing here.. And was been bring back to ICA..


so... you are Singaporean. and you want to know how your VN girlfriend, banned for 3 years back in 2009, can enter singapore to meet your parents?

are you asking how to sponsor her? i think you should look at this...

https://www.ica.gov.sg/data/resources/d ... rmV39I.pdf

side question, are you two intending to live in singapore or vietnam?
Aut viam ad caelum inveniam aut faciam

NewherePls
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 16
Joined: Fri, 09 Sep 2016

Re: Regarding about visa and some issue

Postby NewherePls » Sun, 11 Sep 2016 10:30 pm

Yes intended to stay in Singapore.. I know how she got banned because of her honest answer to ica...we just want to get over this n get married here.. Is there any high chances? Or need some powerful person to write letter like judge or someone who is rich n have many company in Singapore?

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 34778
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004
Location: Still Fishing!
Contact:

Re: Regarding about visa and some issue

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 12 Sep 2016 12:13 am

If you are planning on living together married, make plans to live in Vietnam as I don't think it's going to happen here, truth be known. Good Luck.

NewherePls
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 16
Joined: Fri, 09 Sep 2016

Re: Regarding about visa and some issue

Postby NewherePls » Mon, 12 Sep 2016 4:26 am

@sudaymorninvstaple, is that any chances r u trying to say? Not even small chance? But she been working as a nanny in jb... And we can ask her godsister who is in jb(married to malaysian) to prove it..i have to bring her in...
@taxico==> does the form help? How do i attached that form when applying for her visa?

User avatar
ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 9810
Joined: Fri, 20 Aug 2010

Re: RE: Re: Regarding about visa and some issue

Postby ecureilx » Mon, 12 Sep 2016 7:04 am

NewherePls wrote:Yes intended to stay in Singapore.. I know how she got banned because of her honest answer to ica...we just want to get over this n get married here.. Is there any high chances? Or need some powerful person to write letter like judge or someone who is rich n have many company in Singapore?


Powerful person like judge ? :(

I am with SMS 99%. Be prepared to live in Vietnam if it comes to it.

Or in Malaysia.

NewherePls
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 16
Joined: Fri, 09 Sep 2016

Re: Regarding about visa and some issue

Postby NewherePls » Mon, 12 Sep 2016 11:03 am

Even using an big company also cannot? Company that gives Alot of taxes to gov every year.. And if the ban is over, why they cant let it over? Why ica must make foreigner looks like they are always the only one do fault? Does singaporean nv make an mistake before?? Just because they are sgporean? I have seen alot of such people.. And are high ranking in mnc company.

NewherePls
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 16
Joined: Fri, 09 Sep 2016

Re: Regarding about visa and some issue

Postby NewherePls » Mon, 12 Sep 2016 11:06 am

@taxico, how can that sponsor form help in anyway?

User avatar
ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 9810
Joined: Fri, 20 Aug 2010

Re: RE: Re: Regarding about visa and some issue

Postby ecureilx » Mon, 12 Sep 2016 11:27 am

NewherePls wrote:Even using an big company also cannot? Company that gives Alot of taxes to gov every year.. And if the ban is over, why they cant let it over? Why ica must make foreigner looks like they are always the only one do fault? Does singaporean nv make an mistake before?? Just because they are sgporean? I have seen alot of such people.. And are high ranking in mnc company.


That's how Singapore has been. I know few guys who married ex working girls or girls who had been banned after caught in wrong place.

So many years later, even after marrying, they can only visit Singapore, no long term stay.

Singapore never tolerated buying influence like by paying tax.

A clean government it is.

You gotta go somewhere else if you want corruption and influence buying.

Here is form 14A. Give it a try first , to see if Singapore believe her story, or not convinced.

https://www.ica.gov.sg/e_services_overv ... pageid=291

NewherePls
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 16
Joined: Fri, 09 Sep 2016

Re: Regarding about visa and some issue

Postby NewherePls » Mon, 12 Sep 2016 12:01 pm

Hmm.. Is not buying.. I got a friend who got an company really paying alot of tax in Singapore as his company is big. And he gt alot of business too.. He's been paying tax and not buying influence as i believe Singapore gov do not play with corruption.. As for those guys u know, how often the girl visit the family here often??

User avatar
ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 9810
Joined: Fri, 20 Aug 2010

Re: RE: Re: Regarding about visa and some issue

Postby ecureilx » Mon, 12 Sep 2016 12:36 pm

NewherePls wrote:Hmm.. Is not buying.. I got a friend who got an company really paying alot of tax in Singapore as his company is big. And he gt alot of business too.. He's been paying tax and not buying influence as i believe Singapore gov do not play with corruption.. As for those guys u know, how often the girl visit the family here often??

I still don't understand how your friend paying high tax will help you.

You can hope for a one month stay every six months, if lucky. It not - NEVER.

Before everything and covering all your bases, being kiasu and thinking of extreme cases, why not do what I told you first ?

Apply for visit visa, be truthful, include past passport details, and wait and hear what ICA says, before jumping the gun?


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “PR, Citizenship, Passes & Visas for Foreigners”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests