Singapore Expats Forum

PR Chances for Malaysian

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 34781
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004
Location: Still Fishing!
Contact:

Re: PR Chances for Malaysian

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 08 Sep 2016 1:03 pm

It's no wonder Singaporean men are upset then. Especially when they find out that Malaysian men are being given EP's even for basic entrance value for S passes. I'd be pissed off as well, knowing a 22 kid could come in with a degree and take a local's degree holder's job at 2/3 of the prevailing rate (for a degree holder) AND be given an EP for what is an S pass rate. That ought to really give the oppies reason to hammer the government.

User avatar
dynoto
Regular
Regular
Posts: 132
Joined: Fri, 25 Dec 2015

Re: PR Chances for Malaysian

Postby dynoto » Thu, 08 Sep 2016 1:13 pm

My malaysian girlfriend is getting an EP too.
And her salary is 2.8 when her employer applied an S pass for her.

Which is weird, i questioned her that its cant be true but well its stated EP on her card...just like mine


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jljj0898
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 15
Joined: Wed, 07 Sep 2016

Re: PR Chances for Malaysian

Postby jljj0898 » Thu, 08 Sep 2016 1:19 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:It's no wonder Singaporean men are upset then. Especially when they find out that Malaysian men are being given EP's even for basic entrance value for S passes. I'd be pissed off as well, knowing a 22 kid could come in with a degree and take a local's degree holder's job at 2/3 of the prevailing rate (for a degree holder) AND be given an EP for what is an S pass rate. That ought to really give the oppies reason to hammer the government.


Well you can't blame this to a 22 yo kid as he is not the one who approve the pass. As per my position, our company actually did hire a few singaporean with higher salary before. But they vanish after few days of working. I don't know what's the reason.

jljj0898
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 15
Joined: Wed, 07 Sep 2016

Re: PR Chances for Malaysian

Postby jljj0898 » Thu, 08 Sep 2016 1:24 pm

dynoto wrote:My malaysian girlfriend is getting an EP too.
And her salary is 2.8 when her employer applied an S pass for her.

Which is weird, i questioned her that its cant be true but well its stated EP on her card...just like mine


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Me too. I questioned my HR and she told me this is normal for Malaysian. :o Some HR might not aware about this

User avatar
x9200
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 9301
Joined: Mon, 07 Sep 2009
Location: Singapore

Re: PR Chances for Malaysian

Postby x9200 » Thu, 08 Sep 2016 1:26 pm

Does anybody know any of such cases where the Malaysian is NOT Chinese?

jljj0898
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 15
Joined: Wed, 07 Sep 2016

Re: PR Chances for Malaysian

Postby jljj0898 » Thu, 08 Sep 2016 1:31 pm

x9200 wrote:Does anybody know any of such cases where the Malaysian is NOT Chinese?


My ex colleague. She's a Malay but graduated from NUS. Salary below standard but higher than me

User avatar
x9200
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 9301
Joined: Mon, 07 Sep 2009
Location: Singapore

Re: PR Chances for Malaysian

Postby x9200 » Thu, 08 Sep 2016 3:08 pm

Hmm, looks like something based on a bilateral agreement between Singapore and Malaysia, otherwise I fail to see any usual SG Gov. motivation behind such an "exception".

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 34781
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004
Location: Still Fishing!
Contact:

Re: PR Chances for Malaysian

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 08 Sep 2016 4:42 pm

Can you imagine what that would do on social media? Wow!

Okay jljj0898, please accept my apologies. I've been in HR for 20 years here and this is the first I've heard of it as well. I'm pretty gobsmacked to tell the truth. It would appear it's pretty common as we're only the tip of the iceberg here. I would reckon you have as good a chance and the next Malaysian Chinese, on getting SGCitizenship. As it appears that the deck is stacked in your favour. ;-)
Good Luck.

jljj0898
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 15
Joined: Wed, 07 Sep 2016

Re: PR Chances for Malaysian

Postby jljj0898 » Thu, 08 Sep 2016 6:23 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:Can you imagine what that would do on social media? Wow!

Okay jljj0898, please accept my apologies. I've been in HR for 20 years here and this is the first I've heard of it as well. I'm pretty gobsmacked to tell the truth. It would appear it's pretty common as we're only the tip of the iceberg here. I would reckon you have as good a chance and the next Malaysian Chinese, on getting SGCitizenship. As it appears that the deck is stacked in your favour. ;-)
Good Luck.


Actually I think the chance for me to get PR is quite low as I only got 1 tax assessment :( But still trying my luck because my family is all here. I have to get PR so I can inherit my stepfather company in future.

Sorry for my rudeness in earlier post too

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 34781
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004
Location: Still Fishing!
Contact:

Re: PR Chances for Malaysian

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 08 Sep 2016 10:09 pm

No problem. But if you have done any research on this board, you will know why we sometimes "Take no prisoners" as it were. Strong Eagle and myself have been paying it forward here for over a dozen years now. We've pretty much seen it all, but occasionally something sneaks up on us. (like your's did). No harm done. We've got pretty thick hides. ;-)

DerronTee
Member
Member
Posts: 34
Joined: Mon, 05 Sep 2016

Re: PR Chances for Malaysian

Postby DerronTee » Fri, 09 Sep 2016 3:57 pm

The world is not equal to everyone and it starts when you born in this world.
Last edited by DerronTee on Thu, 15 Sep 2016 12:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Strong Eagle
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 10831
Joined: Sat, 10 Jul 2004
Location: Off The Red Dot
Contact:

Re: PR Chances for Malaysian

Postby Strong Eagle » Fri, 09 Sep 2016 9:51 pm

This special status for Malaysians is probably going to create a major stink once the word gets out.

gold.spot
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 14
Joined: Fri, 01 Jun 2012

Re: PR Chances for Malaysian

Postby gold.spot » Sun, 11 Sep 2016 11:52 pm

Strong Eagle wrote:This special status for Malaysians is probably going to create a major stink once the word gets out.


Lurker here, but I thought this was common knowledge already? :)

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 34781
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004
Location: Still Fishing!
Contact:

Re: PR Chances for Malaysian

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 12 Sep 2016 12:20 am

It's probably common knowledge to only Malaysians who it benefits. I've been in HR for 20 years here and it's the first I've heard about it. Of course that might be because I've never had malaysian employees with local degrees either.

jljj0898
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 15
Joined: Wed, 07 Sep 2016

Re: PR Chances for Malaysian

Postby jljj0898 » Tue, 13 Sep 2016 7:32 pm

another friend of mine just got her PR approve last week. S Pass Malaysian with poly scholarship :o


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “PR, Citizenship, Passes & Visas for Foreigners”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests