Singapore Expats Forum

Entering Singapore and applying for EP on different passports, possible?

Moving to Singapore? Ask our regular expats in Singapore questions on relocation and their experience here. Ask about banking, employment pass, insurance, visa, work permit, citizenship or immigration issues.

Sponsored by:
The Club Residences

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Re: RE: Re: Entering Singapore and applying for EP on different passports, possible?

Postby ecureilx » Tue, 06 Sep 2016 2:58 pm

Cricketbay wrote:Here is my concern. Most countries in the world including Singapore have implemented what is called Advanced Passenger Information. Your passport information is transmitted to your destination country when you check in at the airport. So the airport staff will be instantly notified of your visa status. In other words, they do not have to physically see the visa label in your passport to determine if you have the right of entry.

So if I want to board a flight with passport B, they may smile: Sorry sir, the EP belongs to another person.

Mmmmm.

No. EP info is the domain of ICA and MOM.

Airlines have no way to know which passport is tied to the EP.

In any case, the APIS integration is extremely limited, unlike Interpol passport watch lists.

Strong Eagle

Re: Entering Singapore and applying for EP on different passports, possible?

Postby Strong Eagle » Tue, 06 Sep 2016 9:40 pm

Again, knowing which countries are represented by A and B would be useful in providing more insight into your situation. What's with the secrecy?

MikeJones
Regular
Regular

Postby MikeJones » Tue, 06 Sep 2016 10:01 pm

Well the EP holders nationality is printed on the back of the card, but it's pretty unlikely airlines staff would be checking that. They'll check the photo and expiry date on the front and hand it back to you. Your mysterious country B immigration staff maybe but even then I seriously doubt it, they're not going to have access to MOM and ICA records either.

Mike

rajagainstthemachine
Manager
Manager

Postby rajagainstthemachine » Tue, 06 Sep 2016 11:39 pm

I have a feeling it's Russia/Ukraine
To get there early is on time and showing up on time is late

aki01

Postby aki01 » Wed, 07 Sep 2016 11:40 am

There isnt an issue with your intial question - you can use either passport for your EP. However, the application form will ask if you've ever come in and out of Singapore on different passports - so bear that in mind. the question is obviously there for a reason.
I carry 2 passports, and have started using my other one (ie thats not tied to my EP) when visiting other countries primarily because my primary one (tied to my EP) is almost full and not much room left for stamps. I travel a lot so i'd rather not have to get a new passport every year which is my reason for doing it.

taxico
Director
Director

Postby taxico » Wed, 07 Sep 2016 4:10 pm

might it make it easier for the forum regulars to help if the OP revealed the names of country A and B?
Aut viam ad caelum inveniam aut faciam

Strong Eagle

Postby Strong Eagle » Wed, 07 Sep 2016 9:28 pm

taxico wrote:might it make it easier for the forum regulars to help if the OP revealed the names of country A and B?

It would make it a helluva lot easier... some posters might even have experience with the same countries.

Again, OP, why the secrecy?