To buy a resale hdb

Discuss about where to live, renting a property, tenancy issues, property trend and property investment in Singapore.
Post Reply
Christypsleong
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon, 05 Sep 2016 11:23 am

To buy a resale hdb

Post by Christypsleong » Mon, 05 Sep 2016 11:43 am

Wish to ask , my spouse is Spr for 3 years and now applying citizenship, If he got the citizenship , can he purchase a hdb whereas ,he own a property in Malaysia
Last edited by Christypsleong on Mon, 05 Sep 2016 12:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Singapore Property Search

 

User avatar
ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 9811
Joined: Fri, 20 Aug 2010 5:18 pm

Re: RE: To buy a resale hdb

Post by ecureilx » Mon, 05 Sep 2016 12:04 pm

Christypsleong wrote:Wish to ask , my spouse is Springs for 3 years and now applying citizenship, Ifor he got the citizenship , can he purchase a hdb whereas ,he own a property in Malaysia
No

Christypsleong
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon, 05 Sep 2016 11:23 am

Re: RE: To buy a resale hdb

Post by Christypsleong » Mon, 05 Sep 2016 12:29 pm

ecureilx wrote:
Christypsleong wrote:Wish to ask , my spouse is Springs for 3 years and now applying citizenship, Ifor he got the citizenship , can he purchase a hdb whereas ,he own a property in Malaysia
No
Can I know what is the reason no?

User avatar
jamie9vardy
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 455
Joined: Mon, 11 Apr 2016 11:12 pm

To buy a resale hdb

Post by jamie9vardy » Mon, 05 Sep 2016 12:46 pm

Christypsleong wrote:
ecureilx wrote:
Christypsleong wrote:Wish to ask , my spouse is Springs for 3 years and now applying citizenship, Ifor he got the citizenship , can he purchase a hdb whereas ,he own a property in Malaysia
No
Can I know what is the reason no?
Are you an SPR? In this case for 3 years as well?

It doesn't hurt if you ask Mr Google first...

http://www.hdb.gov.sg/cs/infoweb/reside ... ty-schemes

https://services2.hdb.gov.sg/webapp/BP1 ... stem=CHECK

The Malaysian property will have to go...

User avatar
ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 9811
Joined: Fri, 20 Aug 2010 5:18 pm

Re: RE: Re: RE: To buy a resale hdb

Post by ecureilx » Mon, 05 Sep 2016 12:55 pm

Christypsleong wrote:
ecureilx wrote:
Christypsleong wrote:Wish to ask , my spouse is Springs for 3 years and now applying citizenship, Ifor he got the citizenship , can he purchase a hdb whereas ,he own a property in Malaysia
No
Can I know what is the reason no?
Mmm.

http://www.hdb.gov.sg/cs/infoweb/reside ... ter-buying

Christypsleong
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon, 05 Sep 2016 11:23 am

Re: To buy a resale hdb

Post by Christypsleong » Mon, 05 Sep 2016 12:58 pm

jamie9vardy wrote:
Christypsleong wrote:
ecureilx wrote: No
Can I know what is the reason no?
Are you an SPR? In this case for 3 years as well?

It doesn't hurt if you ask Mr Google first...

http://www.hdb.gov.sg/cs/infoweb/reside ... ty-schemes

https://services2.hdb.gov.sg/webapp/BP1 ... stem=CHECK

The Malaysian property will have to go...

Thank you for your reply

Then can I go for Executive condo?

User avatar
jamie9vardy
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 455
Joined: Mon, 11 Apr 2016 11:12 pm

Re: To buy a resale hdb

Post by jamie9vardy » Mon, 05 Sep 2016 1:21 pm

Christypsleong wrote:
jamie9vardy wrote:
Christypsleong wrote:
Can I know what is the reason no?
Are you an SPR? In this case for 3 years as well?

It doesn't hurt if you ask Mr Google first...

http://www.hdb.gov.sg/cs/infoweb/reside ... ty-schemes

https://services2.hdb.gov.sg/webapp/BP1 ... stem=CHECK

The Malaysian property will have to go...

Thank you for your reply

Then can I go for Executive condo?
The eligibility criteria are also on HDB website if you bother exploring

Since today is a Monday, I shall be nice... Here goes

http://www.hdb.gov.sg/cs/infoweb/reside ... ndominiums

Use the same Eligibility Check e-service link in my previous post to check
Last edited by jamie9vardy on Mon, 05 Sep 2016 1:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Christypsleong
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon, 05 Sep 2016 11:23 am

Re: To buy a resale hdb

Post by Christypsleong » Mon, 05 Sep 2016 1:44 pm

jamie9vardy wrote:
Christypsleong wrote:
jamie9vardy wrote:
Are you an SPR? In this case for 3 years as well?

It doesn't hurt if you ask Mr Google first...

http://www.hdb.gov.sg/cs/infoweb/residential/buying-a-flat/resale/eligibility-schemes

https://services2.hdb.gov.sg/webapp/BP13EligCheck/BP13SHome?strSystem=CHECK

The Malaysian property will have to go...

Thank you for your reply

Then can I go for Executive condo?
The eligibility criteria are also on HDB website if you bother exploring

Since today is a Monday, I shall be nice... Here goes

http://www.hdb.gov.sg/cs/infoweb/residential/buying-a-flat/new/eligibility/executive-condominiums
Thank you very much , worst come to worst only can get a private condo
And consider a second property and need to pay ABSD, am I right ?

User avatar
jamie9vardy
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 455
Joined: Mon, 11 Apr 2016 11:12 pm

Re: To buy a resale hdb

Post by jamie9vardy » Mon, 05 Sep 2016 1:57 pm

Christypsleong wrote:
Thank you very much , worst come to worst only can get a private condo
And consider a second property and need to pay ABSD, am I right ?
Yes, ABSD applies to second and subsequent properties at different rates for SC, SPR and foreigners.

Also, if your spouse purchases the property before he becomes an SC, ABSD of 5% will apply even though that's the first purchase.

https://www.iras.gov.sg/IRASHome/Other- ... ty--ABSD-/

Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Property Talk, Housing & Rental”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest