Singapore Expats

Singapore Citizenship Rejected, Appeal or Reapply?

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
DerronTee

Singapore Citizenship Rejected, Appeal or Reapply?

Post by DerronTee » Mon, 05 Sep 2016 8:20 am

Good morning, everyone.

Apply SC online October 2015, Received rejection letter August 2016. The content of letter states :
We have considered your application carefully and we are regret to inform you that your application is not successful.

Any advice? Should I go for appeal or reapply?

Wish you all have a nice week.

Best Regards

Derron
Last edited by DerronTee on Fri, 16 Sep 2016 4:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Re: Singapore Citizenship Rejected, Appeal or Reapply?

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 05 Sep 2016 9:18 am

Derron,

First of all, you need to wait at least 2 years before applying for SC. Why? Good question, but I reckon ICA has their reasons. Unless you left out something VERY substantial in your application, an appeal will be a waste of time. I would strongly suggest waiting till you have passed the two year mark and then reapply with a fresh application. If you are now working with IRAS I would think that this would be good thing but still they, like you, are civil servants so you have to follow protocol. ;-)
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

DerronTee

Post by DerronTee » Mon, 05 Sep 2016 9:55 am

hi Moderator

Thanks for your reply.

Have a nice week.

Best Regards

Derron
Last edited by DerronTee on Fri, 16 Sep 2016 4:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 05 Sep 2016 10:35 am

Good Luck.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

singaporeflyer
Answers: 1

Post by singaporeflyer » Mon, 05 Sep 2016 3:55 pm

DerronTee wrote:Good morning, everyone.
Profile:
Profile:
Chinese 26 male, single. Only child of family,parents retired in China (Some my Chinese friends told that this may be the factor of rejection)
Landed in Singapore 2010.
Poly Diploma. Monthly salary 2300 with 3.4 months bonus annually. Iras Tax Officer, has been working there since last May. PR less than 2 yrs.
Apply SC online October 2015, Received rejection letter August 2016. The content of letter states :
We have considered your application carefully and we are regret to inform you that your application is not successful.

I have been watching this forum for past 4 years. Thanks moderator and forum members for all the positive comments and support.

Any advice? Should I go for appeal or reapply?

Wish you all have a nice week.

Best Regards

Derron

Even after you complete your 2 years of being a PR, I would suggest you to wait for at least till one REP renewal and then apply for SC. Else, the result might be the same

DerronTee

Post by DerronTee » Thu, 08 Sep 2016 8:18 am

No one knows the guideline of ICA, just got advice from someone whose application was rejected initially, but it is approved after appeal, just submitted my appeal yesterday and see how it goes. Have a nice day. Thanks so much for your reply and advice.

Dukunberanak

Post by Dukunberanak » Thu, 08 Sep 2016 10:52 am

Goodluck Derron Tee. Your age is too young. And it is unfair for Singaporean born men bcoz u dont serve NS. In terms of career field they must give equals battlefield for local men that served NS for 2yrs. But the good thing im not ica that decide your application. Just my two cents. Btw i notice u copy n paste my sentences that i posted in other thread. I feel honour indeed.

I have been watching this forum for past 4 years. Thanks moderator and forum members for all the positive comments and support.

DerronTee

Post by DerronTee » Thu, 08 Sep 2016 11:05 am

Hi Man

Thanks for your positive comments.

Best Regards

Derron
Last edited by DerronTee on Fri, 16 Sep 2016 4:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Strong Eagle
Answers: 9

Post by Strong Eagle » Thu, 08 Sep 2016 11:55 am

I see someone coming in for a big crash landing.

Dukunberanak

Post by Dukunberanak » Thu, 08 Sep 2016 12:45 pm

DerronTee wrote:Hi Man

Thanks for your positive comments.

I am not liable for NS, actually I want to serve NS, because this country offered me too much, but I did SAFVC training which is under Singapore Armed Force, something like a volunteer Corp.

I copied your content? Let me go to read your thread first, coz I post this thread on my own.

Sorry that if I copied your content.

Best Regards

Derron
No worries man. As i said, i feel honour. I was studied in a country whereby the education system that not use english as education language. So im surprised someone use my sentences. Once again all the best Derron.

DerronTee

Post by DerronTee » Thu, 08 Sep 2016 2:58 pm

Hi man

Congrats to you on the approval of your citizenship.
Best Regards

Derron
Last edited by DerronTee on Fri, 16 Sep 2016 4:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.

singaporeflyer

Post by singaporeflyer » Thu, 08 Sep 2016 3:43 pm

DerronTee wrote:My appeal case number is almost 3k, so I don't know if I got chance or not? They told all the appeal cases will go to Commissioner of ICA, I can't imagine how busy he will be.
The Case number of the appeal or the Q number would not matter on the outcome of the appeal.
As of what I have experienced, appeals will be re-evaluated by the same officer who rejected the application before.

DerronTee

Post by DerronTee » Thu, 08 Sep 2016 4:31 pm

The officer told me that the case will be assigned to a different officer, if it goes back to the same officer, what is the meaning of appeal?
I checked the sign off of letter, the rejected one is for registar of Singapore citizen, but the appeal letter is for Commissioner of ICA, definitely, the appeal reference number won't affect the outcome la. Thanks for your reply. Flyer.
I headed that the PR appeal will go to the same officer.
Any idea about how long it takes for Appeal?
Last edited by DerronTee on Fri, 16 Sep 2016 4:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 08 Sep 2016 4:50 pm

From 1st hand knowledge, in most cases the appeal will be handled by the same case officer. Been there, done that.

singaporeflyer

Post by singaporeflyer » Thu, 08 Sep 2016 5:18 pm

DerronTee wrote:The officer told me that the case will be assigned to a different officer, if it goes back to the same officer, what is the meaning of appeal? I checked the sign off of letter, the rejected one is for registar of Singapore citizen, but the appeal letter is for Commissioner of ICA, definitely, the appeal reference number won't affect the outcome la. Thanks for your reply. Flyer.
I headed that the PR appeal will go to the same officer.
Any idea about how long it takes for Appel? Coz I have booked an appointment of next Jan.
Appeal does not mean it is change of officer. What it means is that you are providing some additional information or requesting them to reconsider their decision.

Secondly, even if you write the appeal to anyone senior in ICA, they will follow the appeal process and just redirect it to the concerned officer.

Example: Most of the letters and applications will be written to "Commissioner". This does not mean that he will be the person processing it or reviewing it.

I know of appeals that took 1 month and the last I heard from a very known source (applicant) is 1 year. Will this help? No