Singapore Expats

Upcoming Move to Singapore - Help :)

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.
RNS

Upcoming Move to Singapore - Help :)

Post by RNS » Fri, 02 Sep 2016 9:52 pm

Hello,

I'm new to the forum and I'm sure I'm going to be posting a few over the next few weeks so appreciate any help that fellow expats can provide.

We'll be coming from the UK to Singapore and are very excited, but also apprehensive as we don't have an expat package so a lot of the work we'll have to do ourselves and fund ourselves. Most important things on the top of our list at the moment are:

Housing - What areas should we start to look at for a place to live that will provide convenient access to Raffles Square for work, but also close to senior schools. What is the difference between Government Housing and Private Housing rentals ? What would we or could we expect to pay to rent a 3 bed apartment / condo in a nice area ? Are there areas we should definitely avoid ?

Schools - We're coming from the UK and our daughter is in her final year of juniors so we'll need to find a good junior school and then senior school that she can move into so would appreciate some views on what the best schooling options would be and what schools to look at.

Cost of Living - We've been to Singapore many many times and it's always different as a tourist, so really would like to understand from a locals view what the cost of living is like so that we can see how comfortably or uncomfortable we'll be each month. We have a very good salary which is a plus, but I don't know how far that will stretch with rentals, schooling etc etc

Life in Singapore - We generally visit Singapore twice a year, but visiting is always different from living so really would like to know what the biggest challenges are in living in Singapore and the biggest benefits.

Any more tips on all things Singapore would be most welcome.

Thanks so Much, Rich

taxico
Director
Director

Re: Upcoming Move to Singapore - Help :)

Post by taxico » Sun, 04 Sep 2016 1:56 am

go here: http://forum.singaporeexpats.com/viewforum.php?f=33

fill out The Form (a recent example here: http://forum.singaporeexpats.com/viewtopic.php?t=111786)

wait for a response...!
Aut viam ad caelum inveniam aut faciam