Singapore Expats

Star clinic taiwan - 陳翰儒醫師???

Everything about beauty enhancement discussion.
lovethewayyouare

Re: Star clinic taiwan - 陳翰儒醫師???

Post by lovethewayyouare » Fri, 10 Feb 2017 11:16 am

I just made my appointment with 陳翰儒醫師 yesterday!
I am going for my double eyelid surgery next month....
He suggested both incisional & non-incisional way & mentioned that I can opt for 开眼头 too...
But im still hesistating whether i shld 开眼头 , anyone did tt or going to do tt?
I scare i will regret but the nurse say its gonna make a bigger difference if i do so. Should I?
I have already paid my deposit for non-incisional way with fats removal.

stiches

Post by stiches » Fri, 10 Feb 2017 8:26 pm

I have the same doctor and going in next week for my appointment.
I opt for the suture method (non incisional).
I am deciding if I should do " 开眼头" (epi) as well. The way I will use to make the decision is to play around with double eyelid tape and see if it will go well with my face.
lovethewayyouare wrote:I just made my appointment with 陳翰儒醫師 yesterday!
I am going for my double eyelid surgery next month....
He suggested both incisional & non-incisional way & mentioned that I can opt for 开眼头 too...
But im still hesistating whether i shld 开眼头 , anyone did tt or going to do tt?
I scare i will regret but the nurse say its gonna make a bigger difference if i do so. Should I?
I have already paid my deposit for non-incisional way with fats removal.

lovethewayyouare

Post by lovethewayyouare » Mon, 27 Feb 2017 9:37 am

stiches wrote:I have the same doctor and going in next week for my appointment.
I am deciding if I should do " 开眼头" (epi) as well. The way I will use to make the decision is to play around with double eyelid tape and see if it will go well with my face.
Hi Stiches! How did your surgery go? Is everything go smoothly?
Did you choose to do 开眼头 in the end? I am going soon & i guess most likely i will opt for that
after seeing some online reviews etc :) I hope everything goes well for you! O:)

stiches

Post by stiches » Mon, 27 Feb 2017 8:49 pm

Hey! My surgery went well. I'm on Day 9 of recovery and the swelling/bruising is going down. I didnt do epi this time around because the time of recovery will be too long. I didnt fit in my schedule since I had to go back to America and back to work Day 7 post opt! In my opinion, I would take 2 weeks off to do epi next time (if i am not satisfied this time without epi).
My best friend did epi the same day of my surgery. She said the pain of taking out the stitches on Day 5 for epi was beyond miserable. Beware of the Pain!!!

Currently Day 9, my right eye is more swollen than my left eye but swelling did decreased. Tts barely noticeable through my glasses.

If you were reading the blogspot posts from Osymuki and Lian Mei Ting, just keep in mind their swelling/bruising seems less noticeable. My post op seem to be more puffy and I had more redness. Remember that everyone's recovery time is different so make sure you have enough time to recover before going home! My eyes were more red and swollen on Day 1-3 compared to their pictures.

I did Local Anesthisia. This means I was awake the whole time during my surgery.
General Anesthisia you are asleep but the waking up feeling drugged and hung over is something I don't want to deal with.

I must mention the most painful part was injecting the anesthesia needles. I think the thought of having needles inserted to my eyelids got to me. But the pain was just pinches.
The doctor did my right eye first. When operating while being awake, I was really really tense for my right eye because I was scared. I squeezed the crap out of the stress ball they gave me. Being tense probably made my right eye more swollen since it was my first time. My left eye is less swollen but more bruised (which is normal) because I was less tense.

TIP: Don't be tense during the surgery and the swelling shouldnt be too extreme. I would say Local Anesthesia is okay as long as you really dont think too much about it. Being awake for the surgery freaked me out but its all mental. Just relax and it'll be over in 30-40 minutes.

I am satisfied with Star Clinic and Dr Chen. Nurse Maggie who is also my LINE representative was really nice and sweet. I didnt speak much Mandarin so the doctors and nurses tried the best they could to communicate with me.
I just wish the doctor was more assertive in what he thinks is the best look for my eyes. He was more passive saying "what do you think?" instead of saying "I think this is better for your face". His surgical skills were good and he was really nice but I rather have someone who is more opinionated in finding the best eyes to fit my face.

Overall I am satisfied with the operation and post op care. If you have any more questions just feel free to message me or post here.

lovethewayyouare wrote:
stiches wrote:I have the same doctor and going in next week for my appointment.
Hi Stiches! How did your surgery go? Is everything go smoothly?
Did you choose to do 开眼头 in the end? I am going soon & i guess most likely i will opt for that
after seeing some online reviews etc :) I hope everything goes well for you! O:)

lovethewayyouare

Post by lovethewayyouare » Mon, 27 Feb 2017 10:40 pm

stiches wrote:Hey! My surgery went well. I'm on Day 9 of recovery and the swelling/bruising is going down. I didnt do epi this time around because the time of recovery will be too long. I didnt fit in my schedule since I had to go back to America and back to work Day 7 post opt! In my opinion, I would take 2 weeks off to do epi next time (if i am not satisfied this time without epi).
My best friend did epi the same day of my surgery. She said the pain of taking out the stitches on Day 5 for epi was beyond miserable. Beware of the Pain!!!

Currently Day 9, my right eye is more swollen than my left eye but swelling did decreased. Tts barely noticeable through my glasses.

If you were reading the blogspot posts from Osymuki and Lian Mei Ting, just keep in mind their swelling/bruising seems less noticeable. My post op seem to be more puffy and I had more redness. Remember that everyone's recovery time is different so make sure you have enough time to recover before going home! My eyes were more red and swollen on Day 1-3 compared to their pictures.

I did Local Anesthisia. This means I was awake the whole time during my surgery.
General Anesthisia you are asleep but the waking up feeling drugged and hung over is something I don't want to deal with.

I must mention the most painful part was injecting the anesthesia needles. I think the thought of having needles inserted to my eyelids got to me. But the pain was just pinches.
The doctor did my right eye first. When operating while being awake, I was really really tense for my right eye because I was scared. I squeezed the crap out of the stress ball they gave me. Being tense probably made my right eye more swollen since it was my first time. My left eye is less swollen but more bruised (which is normal) because I was less tense.

TIP: Don't be tense during the surgery and the swelling shouldnt be too extreme. I would say Local Anesthesia is okay as long as you really dont think too much about it. Being awake for the surgery freaked me out but its all mental. Just relax and it'll be over in 30-40 minutes.

I am satisfied with Star Clinic and Dr Chen. Nurse Maggie who is also my LINE representative was really nice and sweet. I didnt speak much Mandarin so the doctors and nurses tried the best they could to communicate with me.
I just wish the doctor was more assertive in what he thinks is the best look for my eyes. He was more passive saying "what do you think?" instead of saying "I think this is better for your face". His surgical skills were good and he was really nice but I rather have someone who is more opinionated in finding the best eyes to fit my face.

Overall I am satisfied with the operation and post op care. If you have any more questions just feel free to message me or post here.
It's glad to know that everything goes well for you!! Yup, I have read several blogs mentioning the recovery period varies for different people. Some take a longer time to de-swell while some take a shorter time! *finger cross that mine will take a shorter time cause I will be heading to work right after my TW trip!* Anyway, You can try to drink some pumpkin juice or fish Essence to speed up the recovery!

I will be going under general anesthesia because I am too afraid to face the needle and staying awake throughout an operation.

Did you go for tapered or parallel? Just curious to know! And I was hoping that the doc can provide me more opinions and suggestion because I'm kind of indecisive....

Wonder if I can request for numbing cream when removing stitches since your friend say it's unbearable for epi O_O oh no.... I still have one more week to go!

stiches

Post by stiches » Mon, 27 Feb 2017 11:25 pm

stiches wrote:
It's glad to know that everything goes well for you!! Yup, I have read several blogs mentioning the recovery period varies for different people. Some take a longer time to de-swell while some take a shorter time! *finger cross that mine will take a shorter time cause I will be heading to work right after my TW trip!* Anyway, You can try to drink some pumpkin juice or fish Essence to speed up the recovery!

I will be going under general anesthesia because I am too afraid to face the needle and staying awake throughout an operation.

Did you go for tapered or parallel? Just curious to know! And I was hoping that the doc can provide me more opinions and suggestion because I'm kind of indecisive....

Wonder if I can request for numbing cream when removing stitches since your friend say it's unbearable for epi O_O oh no.... I still have one more week to go!
Try to enjoy your TW trip since the flight is SO LONG! Eat all the good food and walk around to deswell.
I asked for parallel but sincei'm not doing epi, the doctor told me it'll be tapered no matter what. I'm okay with that for now. My best friend told me that the small knife they use to cut the stitches off is scary because a knife is that close to your eyes. It took over a hour to remove her epi stitches.

Let me know how yours go! Star Clinic has many locations. I went to the Zhongzhen district but I originally wanted Da'an. Da'an district had buildings full of clinics too. All the clinics I mentioned to you in our PM is in Da'an district haha.

dumbii

Post by dumbii » Tue, 11 Apr 2017 10:17 pm

hi, anyone here know 方穎涵醫生 from starclinic? am recommended to her for my double eyelid surgery, hence am trying to find review but cant seem to find till any.. can someone please help..?

abbypsy

Post by abbypsy » Sat, 13 May 2017 11:06 am

I did my surgery at taipei star clinic with Dr Chen and nurse Sunny last month (April) 2017. I paid TWD 60,000 for incision double eyelid, epicanthoplasty and lifting eyelid. Dr suggested to do The Eye lifting for me because one of my eyelid is thicker and it's smaller than another. After a month which is May, I realised that there wasn't any difference for my epicanthoplasty and doctor might have forgotten to do The Eye lifting procedure! One of my eyes is still heavy and small which does not have ANY difference. However I was satisfied with my another eye. I have LINE them and sent my current pictures. dr suggest me to go back taiwan to redo one of the smaller eye which is the lifting method and epicanthoplasty for free. WHICH MEANS I HAVE TO UNDERGO EVERYTHING. Omg... seriously.

Luvisnth

Post by Luvisnth » Thu, 24 Aug 2017 5:34 pm

dumbii wrote:hi, anyone here know 方穎涵醫生 from starclinic? am recommended to her for my double eyelid surgery, hence am trying to find review but cant seem to find till any.. can someone please help..?

Hi, so did you do it with Dr.方穎涵? I am recommended to her as well. I'm planning to go next month. She recommended me to do double eyelid with 开眼头. Mentioned that it will have little scar for that. Can't find any review of her regards on that. Anyone have experience with her?

Olive_O

Post by Olive_O » Thu, 14 Sep 2017 1:58 am

Is anyone planning to travel to Taiwan early October 2017?

I am travelling there on my own from and planning to see Dr Kao for nose and still no idea about who to go for eye revision surgery.

If you'll be in Taiwan, let's meet up or even share accommodation. I've had cosmetic procedures before and one of the worse things you can do is recover in isolation! PM me :D

wondermuffin

Post by wondermuffin » Mon, 22 Jan 2018 3:18 pm

Anyone thinking of doing double eyelid surgery in June 2018, during the public holiday break? This was the reply I got from them today:

院內雙眼皮手術分為縫與割式,是否用縫的或是用割的仍然要經過醫師的判斷,取決於您眼皮脂肪的多寡與眼皮的鬆弛度,由醫師與您討論後決定治療方式。

縫雙眼皮手術費用20000元起,割雙眼皮手術費用30000元起,治療範圍及費用需由醫師實際評估。

割眼皮恢復期約一至兩週,縫眼皮恢復期約3~5天,約一週後進行複診。

海外顧客歡迎您填完下列資訊後直接回覆,後續會請診所人員與您聯繫,確認預約日期和評估費用。

yumm-e

Post by yumm-e » Mon, 26 Feb 2018 2:16 am

Me! I’m considering of going during the start of June! :)

realpetals

Post by realpetals » Wed, 28 Feb 2018 5:29 am

yumm-e wrote:Me! I’m considering of going during the start of June! :)
Hello! Which doctor have you decided on and what type of surgery are you having? :)

yumm-e

Post by yumm-e » Mon, 05 Mar 2018 5:34 pm

realpetals wrote:
Hello! Which doctor have you decided on and what type of surgery are you having? :)
Decided on 陈医生, will be doing fat removal and stitching! How about u? :)

realpetals

Post by realpetals » Thu, 08 Mar 2018 2:14 am

yumm-e wrote:
realpetals wrote:
Decided on 陈医生, will be doing fat removal and stitching! How about u? :)
I'm considering 陈医生 as well for stitching! But also thinking of going to korea haha. btw i researched online and found out that 陈医生 has his own clinic called allpretty? they have more info there if you wanna check it out :)