Singapore Expats Forum

Cancel EP

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.

ramram1
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed, 31 Aug 2016

Cancel EP

Postby ramram1 » Wed, 31 Aug 2016 10:33 pm

Hello,

I got an offer from company A last month and they have submitted my application for EP. My joining is from 1 October which is 1 month away. In the meantime I got a better offer from company B and I am really interested in joining company B. Its joining date is also on 1 October. The offer letter clearly stated that there is no notice period or penalty if I terminate the employment within the first month of my joining. I have a few concerns before I start my process with company B.

a. As they are in middle of the process of applying EP, can I inform them I will not be joining them and put my resignation before applying for EP from company B ?
b. Can company A refuse to cancel my EP ? What can I do in this situation ?
c. I have not informed company B yet about my offer from company A . Should I tell them or just wait for them to go ahead with the process ?

User avatar
ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 9500
Joined: Fri, 20 Aug 2010

Re: RE: Cancel EP

Postby ecureilx » Wed, 31 Aug 2016 11:05 pm

ramram1 wrote:Hello,

I got an offer from company A last month and they have submitted my application for EP. My joining is from 1 October which is 1 month away. In the meantime I got a better offer from company B and I am really interested in joining company B. Its joining date is also on 1 October. The offer letter clearly stated that there is no notice period or penalty if I terminate the employment within the first month of my joining. I have a few concerns before I start my process with company B.


a. As they are in middle of the process of applying EP, can I inform them I will not be joining them and put my resignation before applying for EP from company B ?


Common sense says inform them now, than let it fester .... I hope you know EP applications cost $


b. Can company A refuse to cancel my EP ? What can I do in this situation ?


Sure, they can. If they have planned something or incurred costs etc ..

They can try to make you compensate, or let you go without a scratch.

If the employer is angry enough, they can delay canceling your EP so you can't collect the next EP.


c. I have not informed company B yet about my offer from company A . Should I tell them or just wait for them to go ahead with the process ?


If you are grown up enough, you shouldn't ask the decision for the above in a forum, and decide for yourself.

PS, is the market so good of late the likes of you are becoming common? Job hopping before even getting the pass. ...
Last edited by ecureilx on Wed, 31 Aug 2016 11:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
jamie9vardy
Regular
Regular
Posts: 122
Joined: Mon, 11 Apr 2016

Cancel EP

Postby jamie9vardy » Wed, 31 Aug 2016 11:26 pm

ecureilx wrote:
PS, is the market so good of late the likes of you are becoming common? How hopping before even getting the pass. ...


^^^+1

Especially in recent 2 weeks

Either that or he must have a Master's degree from a top university in his country or he has been breaking enough coconuts

User avatar
ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 9500
Joined: Fri, 20 Aug 2010

Re: RE: Cancel EP

Postby ecureilx » Wed, 31 Aug 2016 11:45 pm

jamie9vardy wrote:
ecureilx wrote:
PS, is the market so good of late the likes of you are becoming common? How hopping before even getting the pass. ...


^^^+1

Especially in recent 2 weeks

Either that or he must have a Master's degree from a top university in his country or he has been breaking enough coconuts


And Making mother land proud I guess ;)

ramram1
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed, 31 Aug 2016

Re: Cancel EP

Postby ramram1 » Thu, 01 Sep 2016 1:00 am

Hello ecureilx & jamie9vardy

Thanks for your reply. As company A is still in the middle of my EP application, I have not even received my IPA letter.

1. Is it possible that I can simultaneously ask company B to start the IPA processing or I need to wait till company A's IPA letter is issued by MOM and then company A cancels the IPA. Only after the cancellation of company A's IPA letter, company B can apply for E Pass ?

2. Can MOM issue two IPA for one candidate ? In this case , I can choose company B with which I want to go ahead with and get the EP issued ?

Sorry for all the pestering enquiries, but its very important for my career and starting my job in Singapore.

User avatar
ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 9500
Joined: Fri, 20 Aug 2010

Re: RE: Re: Cancel EP

Postby ecureilx » Thu, 01 Sep 2016 7:55 am

ramram1 wrote:Hello ecureilx & jamie9vardy

Thanks for your reply. As company A is still in the middle of my EP application, I have not even received my IPA letter.

1. Is it possible that I can simultaneously ask company B to start the IPA processing or I need to wait till company A's IPA letter is issued by MOM and then company A cancels the IPA. Only after the cancellation of company A's IPA letter, company B can apply for E Pass ?

2. Can MOM issue two IPA for one candidate ? In this case , I can choose company B with which I want to go ahead with and get the EP issued ?

Sorry for all the pestering enquiries, but its very important for my career and starting my job in Singapore.


It is important that you inform one of the employer that you are not interested, than like buying more than one lottery ticket hoping one will win..

No, you won't get two IPA and choose. You may see both rejected or delayed.

Let me guess, you have a master's from a reputed institute ?


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Careers & Jobs in Singapore”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests