Singapore Expats

5th PR Application

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
melongurlz

5th PR Application

Post by melongurlz » Wed, 31 Aug 2016 5:47 pm

Dear All,
I've been reading this forum for sometimes; it seems like i have slim chance (based on numerous rejections and no improvement on my occupation). However, I am not giving up hope yet!
I wish to hear the "Elders" opinions on my chances to get SPR...
My profile:-
27yo, Indonesian, Chinese, Married to Indonesian (SPR), No Kid (trying to conceive).
Work and stay in Singapore for approximately 5.5years. Spass Holder.
Occupation: Admin, (never change my job since my first application, promoted once)
Current application (my fifth application) submitted in January 2016.
I have applied 4 times before and previous rejection letters were “Death Kiss” letters.
Here is my application Log:-
My first application is in 2012:- Rejected after 1 month
Second application in End 2012 (6 months after 1st rejection) :- Rejected after 2 months
Third application in 2013 :- Rejected after 3 months ++ days
My fourth application in 2014:- Rejected after 7 months 20 days (I got married and applied under my spouse)

:D I am still hoping somekind of miracle might happen :) #fingerscrossed
Last edited by melongurlz on Tue, 06 Sep 2016 3:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

singaporeflyer
Answers: 1

Re: 5th PR Application

Post by singaporeflyer » Wed, 31 Aug 2016 5:59 pm

melongurlz wrote:Dear All,
I've been reading this forum for sometimes; it seems like i have slim chance (based on numerous rejections and no improvement on my occupation). However, I am not giving up hope yet!
27yo, Indonesian, Chinese, Married to Indonesian (SPR), No Kid (trying to conceive).
Occupation: Admin, Annual Income: $36k (never change my job since my first application, promoted once)
I have applied 4 times before and previous rejection letters were “Death Kiss” letters.
Here is my application Log:-
My first application is in 2012:- Rejected after 1 month
Second application in End 2012 (6 months after 1st rejection) :- Rejected after 2 months
Third application in 2013 :- Rejected after 3 months ++ days
My fourth application in 2014:- Rejected after 7 months 20 days (I got married and applied under my spouse)

:D I am still hoping somekind of miracle might happen :) #fingerscrossed
Try to upgrade to a EPass and then apply (or) wait for a few more years and then apply.

Between, if you are applying through the spouse route for PR, application will also mainly be evaluated considering your spouse's financial and other factors.

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Re: RE: 5th PR Application

Post by ecureilx » Wed, 31 Aug 2016 7:05 pm

melongurlz wrote:Dear All,
Occupation: Admin, Annual Income: $36k (never change my job since my first application, promoted once)
Don't give up hope.

I assume you applied under family ties scheme.

Highlighting any improvement in your husbands income etc may help.

Not much to say other than, well, Try to send more clean air to Singapore ;)

x9200

Post by x9200 » Wed, 31 Aug 2016 7:27 pm

@OP, Is your wife also Indonesian Chinese?

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Re: RE: Re: 5th PR Application

Post by ecureilx » Wed, 31 Aug 2016 8:19 pm

x9200 wrote:@OP, Is your wife also Indonesian Chinese?
I thought OP is The wife ..

x9200

Post by x9200 » Wed, 31 Aug 2016 8:35 pm

No evidence in the OP post (what is your literacy level, I mean reading comprehension Sir?), but google says you are probably right.

melongurlz

Post by melongurlz » Wed, 31 Aug 2016 9:47 pm

@singaporeflyer : I am not eligible for EP :( yup this is my second application under my spouse.

@ecurelix: my husband salary did not increase for the past 2years due to bad business at his office. :(

@x9200: yep he is Indonesian Chinese, he got his PR only 2years ago.
Maybe ecurelix conclude that I am lady based on my profile name :)

My husband pay is no much diff from mine, especially after deducted 20% cpf :/
Is having baby will boost my chance?

dynoto
Regular
Regular

Post by dynoto » Wed, 31 Aug 2016 10:06 pm

melongurlz wrote:@singaporeflyer : I am not eligible for EP :( yup this is my second application under my spouse.

@ecurelix: my husband salary did not increase for the past 2years due to bad business at his office. :(

@x9200: yep he is Indonesian Chinese, he got his PR only 2years ago.
Maybe ecurelix conclude that I am lady based on my profile name :)

My husband pay is no much diff from mine, especially after deducted 20% cpf :/
Is having baby will boost my chance?
just curious, did you study here?

given the info it seems that your first application is around a year plus after you start working

melongurlz

Post by melongurlz » Wed, 31 Aug 2016 10:16 pm

@dynoto : I studied in Malaysia under UK certification.
I made a wrong move by applying way too early for my first application after hearing from a friend that applied after a year working here and gotten the PR back then.

x9200

Post by x9200 » Wed, 31 Aug 2016 10:19 pm

OP, I think you possibly miss one of these two things (1) a kid, male better or (2) marriage millage (for the application under the family ties). For how long are you married at this point? I believe your racial profile is still good but I have the impression (not sure if correct) that Indonesian Chinese are a bit less favourable flavour comparing to the situation a few years back. We've seen earlier applicants with similar financial/age profiles being approved so probably what is needed is to convince the gov that you are a solid couple willing and able to reproduce with a good perspective to stay married (as opposite to a marriage of convenience).

melongurlz

Post by melongurlz » Wed, 31 Aug 2016 10:36 pm

@x9200: thank you for your reply... I just got married in sept 2014, so it's coming to two years now... As for kid, we are trying to put 'the bun in the oven'...

Maybe I should wait patiently, I really hope that I can get PR.

Aside question: I have a UK degree cert, however I obtained it in my MY Uni, how should I write it in the application? Atm I wrote as University of Herfordshire in INTI University College, and the country is MY. is it wrong!? Does that affect my application?

x9200

Post by x9200 » Thu, 01 Sep 2016 8:25 am

So you applied for PR under the spouse right after you got married - this I believe almost never works for the reason I mentioned (possibility of a marriage of convenience). Now, after 2 years, this should be already more-less ok, although waiting a bit longer may still help.

The degree: just provide all the information and don't try to make it look more pretty, especially that there is nothing wrong in studying locally. Besides, if I remember correctly you need to list all the places you lived so ... you see my point?

melongurlz

Post by melongurlz » Thu, 01 Sep 2016 9:33 am

@x9200 : #fingerscrossed.

The reason i put the Hertfordshire name is because my cert is from that uni, and i dont have any cert from the MY uni (INTI).
Another thing is i never been to UK thus stating both name is my safe game, so I can list MY as place i lived before.

singaporeflyer
Answers: 1

Post by singaporeflyer » Thu, 01 Sep 2016 10:30 am

melongurlz wrote:@x9200 : #fingerscrossed.

The reason i put the Hertfordshire name is because my cert is from that uni, and i dont have any cert from the MY uni (INTI).
Another thing is i never been to UK thus stating both name is my safe game, so I can list MY as place i lived before.
You can give a small cover letter explaining this and if you submit it with the application citing the reason for the cover letter, they would be able to accept it with the application.

Still feel that you are re-applying a bit early. Anyway Good Luck !

dynoto
Regular
Regular

Post by dynoto » Thu, 01 Sep 2016 10:46 am

singaporeflyer wrote:
melongurlz wrote:@x9200 : #fingerscrossed.

You can give a small cover letter explaining this and if you submit it with the application citing the reason for the cover letter, they would be able to accept it with the application.

Still feel that you are re-applying a bit early. Anyway Good Luck !
Did she edited her post?
I think i see Jan 2016, soooo her application should be pending for now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk