Singapore Expats Forum

Dragon Boating At kallang River ?

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
Miss Envy

Dragon Boating At kallang River ?

Postby Miss Envy » Tue, 01 Feb 2005 11:57 pm

heard that there's dragon boating at kallang river every sunday afternoon.. Anyone who can provide more information about that ?

Thank you in advance :)

db info

dragon boating

Postby db info » Fri, 04 Feb 2005 10:49 am

There are many teams that train over the weekend. I paddle with the British team at 4:00 Saturday. Turn up a little before that and you will get a paddle and a couple of drinks afterwards. It is at Kallang Water Sports Park next to the Coast Guard (or Water Police) headquarters on Stadium Road. There is a website also

Miss envy

Postby Miss envy » Fri, 04 Feb 2005 4:18 pm

Hi DB info,

Thanx for the info... is there a team that paddle earlier ? say 2ish ? do we have to pay ?

db info

Postby db info » Mon, 07 Feb 2005 12:50 pm

Do not know of any teams that go that early as it is a bit hot on the water then. For the British team the cost is $10 - that covers for the paddling and a couple of beers afterward

wanna try

Postby canI » Mon, 07 Feb 2005 5:04 pm

Hey DB

I have not done it before but wanna try .. is there any exp required ... also i am an Indian so is it ok for me to join say british group etc ..

lemme know

db info

Postby db info » Mon, 07 Feb 2005 5:57 pm

All are welcome - they will show you how to paddle with the correct techniqe etc. I am Aussie but paddling with the British team so no worries