Singapore Expats

Population Statistics - Residents and NonResidents wanna be

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
PNGMK
Answers: 10

Re: Population Statistics - Residents and NonResidents wanna be

Post by PNGMK » Tue, 30 Aug 2016 3:06 pm

Oh I am not dis-agreeing SMS. It's just nice to have actual material to cite from.,
I not lawyer/teacher/CPA.
You've been arrested? Law Society of Singapore can provide referrals.
You want an International School job? School website or http://www.ISS.edu
Your rugrat needs a School? Avoid for profit schools
You need Tax advice? Ask a CPA
You ran away without doing NS? Shame on you!

jamie9vardy
Chatter
Chatter

Post by jamie9vardy » Tue, 27 Sep 2016 5:32 pm

Wd40
Director
Director
Answers: 1

Post by Wd40 » Tue, 27 Sep 2016 11:24 pm

I find it odd that they club LTVP holders who are spouses of citizens along with DP holders who are spouses of EP holders. To me EP holders and their spouses go hand in hand as they are transient. And LTVP holders and citizens go hand in hand and they are permanent. So they are clubbing 2 very different groups together and doesn't help really.

Sent from my Redmi Note 2 using Tapatalk

dynoto
Regular
Regular

Post by dynoto » Wed, 28 Sep 2016 12:19 am

From what it tells.
Statistically speaking woman in age groups 25 to 29 have twice the chance of getting it approved than males.
Hmmmmmm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 28 Sep 2016 9:33 am

Makes sense. That's when they are the most fertile for making cannon fodder for the military.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 28 Sep 2016 9:36 am

Wd40 wrote:I find it odd that they club LTVP holders who are spouses of citizens along with DP holders who are spouses of EP holders. To me EP holders and their spouses go hand in hand as they are transient. And LTVP holders and citizens go hand in hand and they are permanent. So they are clubbing 2 very different groups together and doesn't help really.
Actually they are the same. LTVP holder of SG Citizens doesn't mean they are permanent. My nephew's wife had a LTVP given to her and after the baby was born (father is Singaporean and baby born here so the baby is a Singaporean by birth). after the birth when it came time for the renewal of the LTVP it was denied and she was sent packing back to the 'peens. That was 8 years ago and she is still there. LTVP for spouses/dependents of citizens/PRs are only temporary in nature as well. :shit:
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

dynoto
Regular
Regular

Post by dynoto » Wed, 28 Sep 2016 9:40 am

What kind of situation that warrants a denial on LTVP renewal ?
Wow must be hard for the mother
O.o

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 28 Sep 2016 9:53 am

You think it's hard on the mother? Trying being the single father with a low salary, no home and a 1 year old daughter to raise. They have been living with me for the past 7 years. The little girl hasn't seen her mother since she was a year old and she's 8 now and in Primary 3. My wife and I are basically raising her. (reason? The government play nasty pool at times. They unknowing got married in the 'peens and she got pregnant (not necessarily in that order - I'd have to check dates there) Apparently many years earlier she had worked for a year in Singapore on a WP. She never thought about it at the time. They got married, came back to Singapore and it came to light that she didn't ask the MOM for permission to get married to a Singaporean citizen (even though they were married overseas in the 'peens) So, because she was pregnant, they figured why not get another possible piece of cannon fodder for SG so they gave her a 1 year ltvp and let her have the baby in Singapore with a Singaporean father and then booted her out of Singapore. As the baby wasn't timely given Philippines citizenship, the baby couldn't follow the mother to the 'peens. This can be a very vindictive sneaky nasty-arsed government. They don't play nicely at all. Virtually anything you get from them will definitely have hidden strings attached to it.

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Re: RE: Re: Population Statistics - Residents and NonResidents wanna be

Post by ecureilx » Wed, 28 Sep 2016 10:57 am

sundaymorningstaple wrote:. They don't play nicely at all. Virtually anything you get from them will definitely have hidden strings attached to it.
I know a SC, similar as above.

Wife is forced to live in JB with step kids and In laws, husband in Singapore. Because she was on WP before. Weekend husband ...

Even though her husband was widower and she supposedly (and meaningfully) got married to take care of the kids but still no means no.

After 7 years or something of living there in JB, last I heard, the govt relented and allowed her to visit Singapore but no long term stay.

Wd40
Director
Director
Answers: 1

Post by Wd40 » Wed, 28 Sep 2016 11:53 am

Singapore's image isn't that great either. Yesterday there was the usual article about "Singapore top location for expats" or something like that on linkedin. In the comments section someone wrote "Isn't Singapore the country that would cane you for chewing gum?" In one sentence he just summed up Singapore for the uninitiated.

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Wed, 28 Sep 2016 12:07 pm

Wd40 wrote:Singapore's image isn't that great either. Yesterday there was the usual article about "Singapore top location for expats" or something like that on linkedin. In the comments section someone wrote "Isn't Singapore the country that would cane you for chewing gum?" In one sentence he just summed up Singapore for the uninitiated.

If somebody whines about caning for chewing gum (no, there's no caning for chewing gum ..) it does show the kind of upbringing.

Like a visitor when found out caning is meted out for vandalizing and smoking weed - he was like this is hell .... Image shows the kind of priority in his life

dynoto
Regular
Regular

Post by dynoto » Wed, 28 Sep 2016 4:52 pm

Speaking about vandalizing. There's one guy who broke into the SMRT station and spray paint those train cars.
Wonder they really got caned for it

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Wed, 28 Sep 2016 7:40 pm

dynoto wrote:Speaking about vandalizing. There's one guy who broke into the SMRT station and spray paint those train cars.
Wonder they really got caned for it

The one who got caught was caned

NZinSG
Regular
Regular

Post by NZinSG » Wed, 28 Sep 2016 10:37 pm

Holy freak, kicking out the mothers because they didn't ask the gov to marry?

I feel sorry for your grand-niece, growing up without her mother would be horrible.

I know a bunch of PRC teachers who all got PR easily, several are going for Citizenship too, several already have it. Not one of them was rejected.

I recently applied for PR (family ties), hopefully they want my wife enough to let me get it as an 'other'.

taxico
Director
Director

Post by taxico » Thu, 29 Sep 2016 12:17 am

as they say... "rules is rules..."

(especially in singapore!)

mind you, i don't agree with any child growing up away from either parent in such a predicament... but at least the kid was allowed to be born in singapore...

i think many local men with a foreign bride (without LTVP) would want at least that opportunity.
Aut viam ad caelum inveniam aut faciam