Singapore Expats Forum

looking for preschool for indian kid

Discuss various schooling options for your children here.
Disha2012

looking for preschool for indian kid

Postby Disha2012 » Sun, 28 Aug 2016 5:37 pm

hello everyone,
we just moved to singapore from india, we are searching a good pre school nearby tempanies ave 1 for our 2.7 yr old kid.i have searched on web,there are so many school and i have just confused.
as my kid going to complete 3 yr in November so i think she is eligible for Nursary(for 2017)
plz can anyone help me to find a good pre school with Normal fee (500-700 SGD)

And can anyone suggest me if i want to admission of my kid in any International School,wheather i should select the same school for pre schooling or we can start with any other school and afterthat we can get admission ( 6 yr, 1 st grade)in International School.

sundaymorningstaple

Re: looking for preschool for indian kid

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Sun, 28 Aug 2016 7:42 pm

You seriously think 500~700 sgd is normal? Good Luck. You're gonna need it.

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Re: RE: Re: looking for preschool for indian kid

Postby ecureilx » Sun, 28 Aug 2016 8:14 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:You seriously think 500~700 sgd is normal? Good Luck. You're gonna need it.

+1 : D

Disha2012

Postby Disha2012 » Sun, 28 Aug 2016 11:40 pm

hey
let me clear, it was 500-700 SGD per month.
and i m new at singapore so if u hv any valuable information about all the things plz share Rather thn confusing me

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Postby ecureilx » Mon, 29 Aug 2016 9:22 am

Disha2012 wrote:hey
let me clear, it was 500-700 SGD per month.
and i m new at singapore so if u hv any valuable information about all the things plz share Rather thn confusing me

Sorry for not meeting your expectations of efficient service ...

A bit of search shows, as a foreigners, the charges would be 1,000 $ and upwards.

Nearby.sg will show you the nearest child care centre, for your specific block.

PS, sometimes, it's a good idea to find out what the local charges are, and then planning your budget, than planning your budget and then finding nothing fits your budget ...

PS. If you don't mind the distance and can qualify, try this ...

http://www.ichild.com.sg/user_school/ra ... sknow.html

saran

Postby saran » Mon, 29 Aug 2016 11:23 am

Disha2012 wrote:wheather i should select the same school for pre schooling or we can start with any other school and afterthat we can get admission ( 6 yr, 1 st grade)in International School.

International school allows admission to Primary 1. They check for age and assessment test for admission. Its important that your kid need to gain knowledge to cope up with Primary 1 syllabus. you can refer admission criteria section in International School website.

letchumigopal1988

Postby letchumigopal1988 » Mon, 29 Aug 2016 2:12 pm

We are moving to Singapore in a 2 months time and are looking for a preschool or playgroup class at Grandstand / Turf area. Any recommendations? Preferably somewhere not too stressful to ease my kids into the local academic environment.

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Postby ecureilx » Mon, 29 Aug 2016 2:38 pm

This maybe of help for you. .n

PNGMK wrote:I know of Aussie kids who are going to Malboro in JB from Singapore every day. They're on the bus 3 hours a day. There lies your future OP. Essentially Singapore MOE has shut down the local system for expats as part of their wind down and consolidation of neighborhood schools into larger schools where they feel they can put more resources and have a better outcome for the students - have a look around - abandoned and moth balled local campus every where and trust me long time expats like me can point out another 6 sites in each neighborhood that are former schools. I was talking to a man today who is on the board of one of the local unis here - he's involved with bringing in the foreign uni programs into NTU/NUS etc - he said it was quite clear that Singapore is interested in being a tertiary education hub but not an primary/secondary education hub for political reasons and only allows expats to be educated in expat schools as needed. He forsaw a clamp down on the Chinese/Korean/Jap kids here with guardians in OFS/CIS/ICS etc (which might reduce fees as demand drops? - except the nigger/abo in the woodpile is that the leases on OFS/ICS and other older ones are expiring and the costs of new leases are non-viable.

PNGMK wrote:For those wondering what the answer is; if your'e a required expat here for your employer you MUST negotiate education or education subsidy as part of your package or (as in the case of a senior exec where I am who just moved from Australia) accept that you need to pay a lot to educate your kids. The mentioned senior exec has 4 kids in AIS and did the math; he is better off here on a cash basis as the income tax rate is lower; even with a $110,000 pa bill (he probably earns around $500k).

collgal

Postby collgal » Tue, 21 Feb 2017 11:38 pm

It's hard to find one..