Singapore Expats

IPA Approved but got better offer from another company

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.
ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Re: RE: Re: IPA Approved but got better offer from another company

Post by ecureilx » Thu, 29 Dec 2016 9:53 pm

swajazz wrote:

Rest, you guys are Immortals and Moderators so you know things better here...so keep continuing your good work by replying people with your suggestions.

Good bye..
oh no...

Its called managing expectations, when you tell somebody what can go wrong, than telling them it's all rosy.

I personally was in limbo for 3 months when an employer refused to release Me, and legally so, before cancelling my pass. And my next employer was threatening to withdraw my offer letter.

And those were the days when you must cancel your pass, switch to social visa before submitting a new application.

Thank God you didn't have to go through that kind of stress.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Re: IPA Approved but got better offer from another company

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sat, 31 Dec 2016 4:05 pm

Frankly, doG had nothing to do with it. In fact, I rather think that doG doesn't give a flying f about you or anybody else on this dirtball floating in space. You should thank MOM for the positive outcome. Give credit where credit is due. ;-)
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

x9200

Post by x9200 » Sat, 31 Dec 2016 4:22 pm

The HR of the company B should get a salary hike.

shiv1408

Post by shiv1408 » Wed, 11 Jan 2017 8:59 pm

Hi swajazz,

Lucky you are that you got the approval in 5 days. I remember during 2012 i got my EP approved in 1 days. But in present it is in pending for last 3 months.

Regards

brian_singapore
Chatter
Chatter
Answers: 1

Post by brian_singapore » Thu, 12 Jan 2017 10:29 am

Our big indian outsourcers are flatly telling us they can't get any EPs approved for staff to work on-site in Singapore.

The landscape is changing ... our company still has no problem with direct EP applications for FT hires. The (very small number I'm aware of) have been approved in ~1 week.

The government seems to be changing the EP approval landscape. Makes sense, bring people into Singapore, don't let companies move work to offshore companies.

Also protects local professional services firms like NCS.

Strong Eagle
Answers: 9

Post by Strong Eagle » Thu, 12 Jan 2017 11:31 am

brian_singapore wrote:Our big indian outsourcers are flatly telling us they can't get any EPs approved for staff to work on-site in Singapore.
Not very surprising. This is going to put a big dent in the managed services company business models, and the gahmen has finally awakened to how disruptive to local employment that model is.

Waltz into a MNC... offer to do onsite support for 1/3 to 1/2 of current costs. Promise... cough, cough... that you'll include as many of the existing MNC employees in your new, low cost model support offerings.

Never happens, of course. Bring in Indians willing to work for 1/3 the salary of the displaced Singaporean. Or Malays, or Filipinos. No matter that they can't perform at the level of their former Singapore staff they replaced... the bean counters got what they wanted... cheap service... and screw the service quality.

Or, if they're not actually importing talent, they've tossed off the $6k to $8k tech staff who knew what they were doing and replaced them with $3k staff that couldn't operate as a clerk in a retail store, let alone handle a job with tech responsibilities.

On the whole, this is a good sign... the MNC's are the cheapest shits in the world when it comes to commodity services and they seem to be willing, over and over again, to accept shitty service to save a few dollars.

Maybe the gahmen can't stop the outsourcing of jobs that can be remotely performed (call centers in India and the Philippines with equally shitty service) but they can force the MNC's to hire local talent, at a reasonable wage, to fill local positions.

I'm all good with the body shoppers not getting EP's approved.

brian_singapore
Chatter
Chatter
Answers: 1

Post by brian_singapore » Thu, 12 Jan 2017 12:49 pm

They don't bother promising to employ as many local staff as possible.

And the impact is more insidious, they are hallowing out all of the junior, intermediate positions and some senior positions which is eliminating the bottom 2/3rds of the career ladder freshers from Uni need to progress up the PMT ranks.

The outsourcers guarantee Singapore will be dependent on foreign talent in the long-term as they eliminate Singapore's ability to grow and train their own.

I have 5 more Singapore based positions in my 2017 hiring plan, I'm pretty certain I won't receive any local applicants and will be hiring foreigners who are already in Singapore on an EP.