Singapore Expats

Any good suggestion for a unique holiday vacation for my family?

Discuss about food, eating places, shopping centres, clubs, pubs, massage, sports, travel & holidays. Share tips on best place to chill, party, relax or travel destinations.
Reyon

Re: Any good suggestion for a unique holiday vacation for my family?

Post by Reyon » Wed, 17 May 2017 10:04 am

Hmm this maybe exactly be "unique" but have you considered club med bintan? It's only a short boat ride away from singapore and is one of the smaller n newer club med villages around. Not the cheapest but if you are thinking of a yatch i think with early booking med is a possible option.

samanthaaa

Post by samanthaaa » Tue, 20 Jun 2017 5:22 pm

Phuket is a relaxing destination with many water sports for your family to try out! Would recommend Wine Connection when there. Or Japan esp tokyo disneyland and osaka's USJ if u have younger kids. The harry potter section in USJ is amazinggggg.

daiveel19

Post by daiveel19 » Fri, 18 May 2018 12:49 am

Hello,

The holidays are the perfect opportunity to enjoy a break from daily routines. the climate is dry, so it's unusual for any outdoor plans to be ruined by rain.

Max Headroom
Reporter
Reporter
Answers: 1

Post by Max Headroom » Fri, 18 May 2018 9:34 am

daiveel19 wrote:Hello,

The holidays are the perfect opportunity to enjoy a break from daily routines. the climate is dry, so it's unusual for any outdoor plans to be ruined by rain.
Great, thanks. Any advice on crypto?

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 18 May 2018 1:03 pm

daiveel19 wrote:Hello,

Boy-O-Boy, you sure know how to out you ownself in a hurry. It's been raining for a week. But then what would you know, posting from India. #-o [-X

SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

kaykays

Post by kaykays » Thu, 28 Jun 2018 11:33 am

I would suggest to go to Lake Toba -- amazing view and got many activities you can do. Ps. I am planning a trip there as well :)

Pennykee

Post by Pennykee » Tue, 24 Jul 2018 2:10 pm

If you are looking at somewhere with sunshine, got tanned, relaxed and have intimate time with your family, I like to recommend you to Redang Island. It's very relaxing, the beach is nice and the water is clean. You can go snorkeling or jungle trekking. If you are lucky, you can even see turtles or baby sharks (it's not dangerous). At night you can still have a live band too. Just have a peaceful and relax vacation.

PNGMK
Answers: 10

Post by PNGMK » Tue, 24 Jul 2018 3:17 pm

Pennykee wrote:If you are looking at somewhere with sunshine, got tanned, relaxed and have intimate time with your family, I like to recommend you to Redang Island. It's very relaxing, the beach is nice and the water is clean. You can go snorkeling or jungle trekking. If you are lucky, you can even see turtles or baby sharks (it's not dangerous). At night you can still have a live band too. Just have a peaceful and relax vacation.
Yes I had a friend recommend it to me as well.
I not lawyer/teacher/CPA.
You've been arrested? Law Society of Singapore can provide referrals.
You want an International School job? School website or http://www.ISS.edu
Your rugrat needs a School? Avoid for profit schools
You need Tax advice? Ask a CPA
You ran away without doing NS? Shame on you!

Wd40
Director
Director

Post by Wd40 » Tue, 24 Jul 2018 4:54 pm

South America, Chile, Peru

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

Wd40
Director
Director

Post by Wd40 » Tue, 24 Jul 2018 4:57 pm

Pennykee wrote:If you are looking at somewhere with sunshine, got tanned, relaxed and have intimate time with your family, I like to recommend you to Redang Island. It's very relaxing, the beach is nice and the water is clean. You can go snorkeling or jungle trekking. If you are lucky, you can even see turtles or baby sharks (it's not dangerous). At night you can still have a live band too. Just have a peaceful and relax vacation.
We went to Tioman and really enjoyed. My daughter collected some exotic shells tooImageImageImage

Max Headroom
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Max Headroom » Tue, 24 Jul 2018 7:30 pm

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Persian
Regular
Regular

Post by Persian » Wed, 25 Jul 2018 5:44 pm

The islands around Malaysia is a good choice. Tioman, Redang, Perhentian is some of the choices among tourist.

I would recommend Taman Negara at Pahang, Malaysia. The down side is the travelling to Pahang. http://www.tamannegara.asia/activities/

If resort type, maybe you can try gold coast at sepang or port dickson. If nearer maybe can go for Desaru resort. I personally have not been there, but it's in one of my short trip list.

Cruise is not a bad idea.

Those are some rec places nearer to Singapore.

Evangline.s

Post by Evangline.s » Thu, 23 Aug 2018 4:55 pm

Try parasailing!! in bangkok.

WJKaien

Post by WJKaien » Tue, 11 Sep 2018 12:50 pm

If you like to go for a food trip, I would suggest you to go to Ipoh in Malaysia. It is not touristy there and the food is pretty good! You definitely need to try the famous Ipoh Hor Fun, it is delicious. There are some mountains there to bring your kids to too!

TWeeZY

Post by TWeeZY » Wed, 12 Sep 2018 5:01 pm

Wd40 wrote:
We went to Tioman and really enjoyed. My daughter collected some exotic shells tooImageImageImage

This is so pretty. Would like to go there sometime, any recommendations?