Singapore Expats

Does Job Hopping affect your Pass Renewal?

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.
sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Re: Does Job Hopping affect your Pass Renewal?

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 01 Sep 2016 10:46 pm

Talk about stupidity. This coming from a 24 year old Chinese Malaysian guy who has to approach people on a forum to find friends. Loser what. Is your name really Aaron?
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Re: RE: Re: Does Job Hopping affect your Pass Renewal?

Post by ecureilx » Thu, 01 Sep 2016 10:51 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:Talk about stupidity. This coming from a 24 year old Chinese Malaysian guy who has to approach people on a forum to find friends. Loser what. Is your name really Aaron?
Lol !

Just thought of posting these links regarding salary declaration vs actual paid !

news.asiaone.com/news/singapore/8-employers-2-employment-agents-charged-false-declaration-salaries

http://www.mom.gov.sg/newsroom/press-re ... ies-to-mom

Kardin25

Post by Kardin25 » Thu, 01 Sep 2016 10:53 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:Talk about stupidity. This coming from a 24 year old Chinese Malaysian guy who has to approach people on a forum to find friends. Loser what. Is your name really Aaron?
Oh no, another salty one. Or is it another account owned by the forum camper? Oh yes so sorry, I'm looking for friends and....that's what the section for right? Who knows what my real name is? Is there anything you need to know? There are tons of expats looking for friends. So....indirectly do you mean are they all losers? Tsk tsk tsk, not wise bruh.

Also, if you're not following the topics, please don't get your head into someone else business. Again, unless....1 account isn't enough for the forum camper tho...

Kardin25

Re: RE: Re: Does Job Hopping affect your Pass Renewal?

Post by Kardin25 » Thu, 01 Sep 2016 11:00 pm

ecureilx wrote:
Lol !

Just thought of posting these links regarding salary declaration vs actual paid !

news.asiaone.com/news/singapore/8-employers-2-employment-agents-charged-false-declaration-salaries

http://www.mom.gov.sg/newsroom/press-re ... ies-to-mom
Sigh, here we go again.

Sorry I have to apologize for my terrible terrible English that made it hard for a 12 years old kid to understand. I'll explain one last time yea? This time is in easy abc ok?

You don't understand the whole situation, so maybe..just maybe stop acting like you know it all? First, yup i managed to get an EP, and so? I'm trying to figure out what's the problem right? Oh hey, I didn't suggest to the employer to report a false salary so that I can get an EP right? If finding out and truth while seeking clarification = jail for the employee then you really need go study more brother. Or so much salts coming from a work permit expats perhaps?

Please for love the of god. Think before you speak.

rajagainstthemachine
Manager
Manager

Post by rajagainstthemachine » Fri, 02 Sep 2016 9:45 am

Kardin25 - calm the f down, people give you free advice you can choose to heed it or ignore it.when you post here, posters here assume you've gone through the usual channels viz. Mom website, Google etc. Nobody here has an intention to fool you or mislead you, many people are here to help than the contrary, there's no need to get upset because they didn't spoon feed you the FAQs.

Kthxnbai
To get there early is on time and showing up on time is late

rajagainstthemachine
Manager
Manager

Post by rajagainstthemachine » Fri, 02 Sep 2016 9:54 am

The answer to your question : does job hopping affect your pass renewal ?
1. One pass is tied to one job, when you hop jobs, you need to get a new pass.
2. Normally there wouldn't be a huge problem if you changed jobs from company A to B to C if the salaries you received in question were close to or above the recommendation set by MoM. In your case this isn't the case and that's why ecurelix rightly pointed that out.

3. In your case you have salaries much lesser than the norms set and in which case CAN affect your pass renewal. I knew a girl who had a monthly salary of 4000, when the pass was up for renewal Mom recommended increasing salary to 4800, a second application was made and thus time around the pass was issued.

Kardin25

Post by Kardin25 » Fri, 02 Sep 2016 9:57 am

rajagainstthemachine wrote:Kardin25 - calm the f down, people give you free advice you can choose to heed it or ignore it.when you post here, posters here assume you've gone through the usual channels viz. Mom website, Google etc. Nobody here has an intention to fool you or mislead you, many people are here to help than the contrary, there's no need to get upset because they didn't spoon feed you the FAQs.

Kthxnbai

So much salt sir. I think you need to get a few points right.

1. You need to chill and stop f-ing around maybe?
2. I hope you read everything, every threads and every letters before leaving a comment and starting f-ing around yea?
3. Same goes for you maybe? People posted some questions, if you don't like it you can choose to ignore it or hide it? You don't have to f around yea?

rajagainstthemachine
Manager
Manager

Post by rajagainstthemachine » Fri, 02 Sep 2016 10:00 am

Kardin25 wrote:
rajagainstthemachine wrote:Kardin25 - calm the f down, people give you free advice you can choose to heed it or ignore it.when you post here, posters here assume you've gone through the usual channels viz. Mom website, Google etc. Nobody here has an intention to fool you or mislead you, many people are here to help than the contrary, there's no need to get upset because they didn't spoon feed you the FAQs.

Kthxnbai

2. I hope you read everything, every threads and every letters before leaving a comment and starting f-ing around yea?
3. Same goes for you maybe? People posted some questions, if you don't like it you can choose to ignore it or hide it? You don't have to f around yea?
You are a hydrocephalic idiot!

Kardin25

Post by Kardin25 » Fri, 02 Sep 2016 10:00 am

rajagainstthemachine wrote:The answer to your question : does job hopping affect your pass renewal ?
1. One pass is tied to one job, when you hop jobs, you need to get a new pass.
2. Normally there wouldn't be a huge problem if you changed jobs from company A to B to C if the salaries you received in question were close to or above the recommendation set by MoM. In your case this isn't the case and that's why ecurelix rightly pointed that out.

3. In your case you have salaries much lesser than the norms set and in which case CAN affect your pass renewal. I knew a girl who had a monthly salary of 4000, when the pass was up for renewal Mom recommended increasing salary to 4800, a second application was made and thus time around the pass was issued.

1. I already knew this before I step my foot in sg. Thanks, my concerns are MoM's view on pass renewal.

2. Please read other related threads.

3. Ok thank you, will keep that in mind

x9200

Post by x9200 » Fri, 02 Sep 2016 10:53 am

rajagainstthemachine wrote:
Kardin25 wrote:

Kthxnbai

You are a hydrocephalic idiot!
I saw this one some time ago for the first time and I pretty liked it.

Next time we meet up I think I will give a short lecture entitled: How to avoid playing chess with the pigeons - Part 1, early symptoms recognition.

Kardin25

Post by Kardin25 » Fri, 02 Sep 2016 11:56 am

Not sure who's the idiot here commenting without reading the whole thing.

Yup, agreed, can't argue with pigeons. Cause no matter what I'm trying to say, pigeons won't get the point and they will only keep bashing.

Read up please.

http://www.mom.gov.sg/newsroom/press-re ... f-salaries

"MOM had also investigated the 20 EP holders to determine if they were involved in the false declarations. All of them were unaware that a higher salary had been declared and were therefore not complicit in the scam. They have since stopped working for MN Computer Systems (S) Pte Ltd and are now working for new employers."

rajagainstthemachine
Manager
Manager

Post by rajagainstthemachine » Fri, 02 Sep 2016 12:29 pm

hey I'm not the one who suggested that you will go to jail like some others did, I merely responded to you query.
MoM does not tolerate any nonsense from companies that indulge in malpractices, however there are some companies that operate in such fashion, when they get caught they investigate everyone who is involved, be it employees or employer

Kardin25

Post by Kardin25 » Fri, 02 Sep 2016 12:49 pm

rajagainstthemachine wrote:hey I'm not the one who suggested that you will go to jail like some others did, I merely responded to you query.
MoM does not tolerate any nonsense from companies that indulge in malpractices, however there are some companies that operate in such fashion, when they get caught they investigate everyone who is involved, be it employees or employer
Yup, I realized that, I posted 2 replies didn't I? The last post was not meant for you.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 02 Sep 2016 12:59 pm

tic...toc...tic...toc...

SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Kardin25

Post by Kardin25 » Fri, 02 Sep 2016 1:17 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:tic...toc...tic...toc...

Not sure what are you trying to prove here but if you're trying to show your authority as a moderator in the forum, then I'm thoroughly dissapointed.

1. Moderator adds oil on fire, instead of sorting things out with non-biased judgement.
2. Posting in finding friends section = loser, why do you even moderate the whole forum then?
3. You emphasized on 24 yo Malaysian Chinese, so can I assumed that as racist?
4. If you really are a HR Manager, god bless the employer.
5. I don't really care if you ban or delete the threads. It just shows your maturity in handling stuffs. That's all im gonna say.