Singapore Expats

Strategic Management Courses in Singapore

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.
mortlock2005
Regular
Regular

Strategic Management Courses in Singapore

Post by mortlock2005 » Thu, 18 Aug 2016 10:52 am

I'm looking for recommendations on a Strategic Business Management course here in Singapore. I not looking for a course focused solely on strategic management of staff/coaching etc. What I want is something that focuses on thinking at a higher level about company performance, not just individual tactics and managing current workload. I'm hoping to find a 2 day (maybe 3) course, here in Singapore. I'd appreciate any suggestions people may have.

Thanks

PawanDwivedi

Re: Strategic Management Courses in Singapore

Post by PawanDwivedi » Wed, 27 Sep 2017 3:20 pm

As you asked,
To know the exact course that you need, you should make contact with professionals related to your niche. However, you may consider taking Project Management(PMP), Agile and data analytics like course. I am from India and my brother is taking PMP course at Excelr. So if you like then may consider taking these course.

Strong Eagle
Answers: 10

Re: Strategic Management Courses in Singapore

Post by Strong Eagle » Wed, 27 Sep 2017 10:26 pm

Developing senior insight into business operations doesn't happen in just two or three days. And many of the insights that senior managers have developed come from understanding the arcane. For example, what could you say about a company by reading its financial statements? A skilled manager would be able to tell you a lot about sales, revenue recognition, status of A/R, client risk, employee revenue generation, fixed costs, etc. A skilled manager would see the dangers in a seemingly healthy company.

Having said that, have you looked into the offerings of INSEAD, Singapore? In addition to professional development classes, they offer quite a few online learning opportunities.

I judge that rather than trying to become a strategic expert in three days that you consider a more modest plan of taking a series of 3 to 5 day courses (or the online equivalent) to expand both breadth and depth of knowledge.