Singapore Expats

EP Rejected - Need help on few questions

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.
saiyan

Re: EP Rejected - Need help on few questions

Post by saiyan » Thu, 18 Aug 2016 2:21 pm

Chill friends!!!!

Where there is a will, there is a way.. I will find a way at any cost. :cool:
I really thank and appreciate your suggestions and replies. =D> =D>
I don't want any hate or sad smiles here :P :-"

Edit:
how MOM sees sudden pay rises, especially (no offence) when it comes to sub cons.
Its not a sudden raise, she already spend many months and it is her appraisal time. A regular one, nothing out of track or nothing happening in hurry. This hike might be on time and in much needed time I must say. I do understand your warnings.

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Re: RE: Re: EP Rejected - Need help on few questions

Post by ecureilx » Thu, 18 Aug 2016 2:25 pm

saiyan wrote:Chill friends!!!!

Where there is a will, there is a way.. I will find a way at any cost. :cool:
I really thank and appreciate your suggestions and replies. =D> =D>
I don't want any hate or sad smiles here Image :-"
I am cool as a cucumber, and, in theory, I maybe able to flap my hands and fly ... and chill myself in the sky ... in theory ..

As Mentioned, do check your PM/ in box

BBCWatcher
Editor
Editor

Post by BBCWatcher » Thu, 18 Aug 2016 2:31 pm

Ecureilx, let me explain to you how you can be a reasonable, polite member of society, OK? Here's what you could have posted:

"If your wife meets the fixed monthly salary requirement, and if her employer is cooperative, then they can apply for a DP for you. That said, DP approval is not guaranteed, and I am concerned about your chances. I recommend having another backup plan, probably one that does not involve Singapore."

Simple, short, accurate.

Your assessment of the original poster's odds of DP approval is an opinion. (So mine would be, although I have offered no such assessment.) It is only that. No more, no less. OK, so you have an opinion. Then state it politely, label it correctly, and move on. That should be easy, one would think.

For the record, it is reasonable to assume that a significant part of the DP assessment includes the government's views of the EP holder, in this case the original poster's wife. Do you know his wife? Have you met her? ;) Maybe the government would really, really like her to stay in Singapore, even if she is married to a schlub. Or not a schlub. I don't know, and you don't know.

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Thu, 18 Aug 2016 3:50 pm

BBCWatcher wrote:Ecureilx, let me explain to you how you can be a reasonable, polite member of society, OK? Here's what you could have posted:

"If your wife meets the fixed monthly salary requirement, and if her employer is cooperative, then they can apply for a DP for you. That said, DP approval is not guaranteed, and I am concerned about your chances. I recommend having another backup plan, probably one that does not involve Singapore."
Got it, crystal clear.

Man can't flap his hands fast enough to fly like a bird.

However there's a possibility one day man may achieve enough flapping to have lift off.

Since there's a possibility that may happen even though not with the current ability, don't discount it off.

So, let me explain how a take off can happen .....

You've always been a great help in adding lot in adding unrelated information ... please don't stop that.

saiyan

Post by saiyan » Thu, 15 Dec 2016 11:27 pm

Hi All,

I know this is late but still I have a good update on EP.

After many many suggestions from you all I managed to come to Singapore on Sep end in Visit visa - again to start my job search from start. Since I get no response from the agency on my rejected EP, I decided to let it go.

This time I was pretty lucky. I managed to get few offers. :D couple of companies asked me to get DP so had to reject them.. :?

Finally one company applied EP for me on Oct mid week Friday, with that satisfaction I returned to my country on that Sunday itself.

Thinking I have to wait again for several months.. :???: :???:
But to my surprise the EP was approved on Tuesday itself.. Within a week (Applied on Friday and Approved on Tuesday).. I joined here last month.. :D :D :-"

Thanks you all guys for giving advice.. Wish you all advance Merry Christmas.. =D> :lol:

x9200

Post by x9200 » Fri, 16 Dec 2016 7:12 am

If, what is expected, the long waiting time is mostly related to vetting, then the fact, you got it quickly the 2nd time is just logical - why should they vet the same information again?

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Fri, 16 Dec 2016 9:26 am

saiyan wrote: Thanks you all guys for giving advice.. Wish you all advance Merry Christmas.. =D> Image
merry Christmas to you too !!

Moon_light

Post by Moon_light » Thu, 20 Dec 2018 9:37 am

Hello All,

I’m new to this website , but I guess i’d get some valuable information from you folks.

My EP got rejected (currently working In Singapore under existing EP pass) and though I couldn’t see the reason for rejection , my new employer knows why it happened so (though they are not willing to reveal the reason to me).

I only know they would apply a fresh one again or appeal post 14 days. (At this point I doubted if they have done the job posting , which I remember they did prior applying for EP ).

My wild guess is they might have done some admin error when posting the job in first place.

The query I had was , is there a good chance to get EP approved when appealed and is it a long process ?

Just wondering if to keep hopes or just move on. Any valuable info would be greatly helpful.

Thanks all.