Singapore Expats

Vending machines cafe

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.
menudown
Chatter
Chatter

Vending machines cafe

Post by menudown » Tue, 16 Aug 2016 4:19 pm

Maybe the concept of getting food from vending machine is common in Japan but not here. I'd rather go to normal food hawker if I need to queue for so long

http://www.straitstimes.com/lifestyle/f ... ong-queues

bgd
Manager
Manager

Re: Vending machines cafe

Post by bgd » Tue, 16 Aug 2016 5:16 pm

The article I read said people were waiting in line for one and half hours to get food from a vending machine.

Asia still surprises me.

Lisafuller
Governor
Governor
Answers: 3

Post by Lisafuller » Fri, 15 Jan 2021 5:08 pm

I visited the vend cafe mentioned in the article about 2 years ago. Purchased a dry mee siam as well as a salted egg spaghetti. The dishes were around $5-$6 each if I remember correctly. While the food did arrive hot, both dishes were incredibly dry and unfresh. The shrimp that came in both dishes were mushy, telling of the fact that it was frozen and unfresh. Definitely give this a miss. It’s a novel idea, but fails miserably in execution. If you’re in a rush or on a budget, support your local hawker vendors instead.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 15 Jan 2021 9:40 pm

Lisa, you do realize the thread is 5 years old.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers