Singapore Expats Forum

Singapore Citizenship: e-SC versus In-Person

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
singaporeflyer
Editor
Editor

Re: Singapore Citizenship: e-SC versus In-Person

Postby singaporeflyer » Fri, 03 Mar 2017 2:38 pm

celeste9699 wrote:I got an appointment to submit the application in person on Oct' 17. Do anyone know if submit online now, when is the next appointment date? Will it be earlier than Oct' 17?

At the time when I submitted, I was told by the ICA officer that eSC submission date is earlier than the over the counter manual appointment date.

room@home

Postby room@home » Fri, 03 Mar 2017 10:40 pm

singaporeflyer wrote:
celeste9699 wrote:I got an appointment to submit the application in person on Oct' 17. Do anyone know if submit online now, when is the next appointment date? Will it be earlier than Oct' 17?

At the time when I submitted, I was told by the ICA officer that eSC submission date is earlier than the over the counter manual appointment date.

I was told ICA run 2 calendar databases (or at least one database with slots pre-booked and made visible only to eSC route) thus eSC is normally earlier than manual. Generally it's 6-8 months from your eSC online submission date (***anyone with recent experience do chime in***)

Since you already have a confirmed Oct'17 appointment date, I'd say stick to it and do in-person route. You may end up a later date with eSC appointment in Nov (Mar + conservative 8 months).

insaintjoy

Postby insaintjoy » Mon, 07 Aug 2017 10:37 am

Hi All,

I am new here. Just came across this thread and wondering if I could pop a couple of questions. I will be submitting my documents for SC tomorrow to ICA and understand that there will be some interview going on. I am married but applying alone for now for the SC - can anyone tell me what will be the interview like? what general questions will they ask?

Thanks in advance!

Have a good day.

bro75
Chatter
Chatter

Postby bro75 » Mon, 07 Aug 2017 11:27 am

For the submission of documents in my experience, there is no interview. It is just an officer checking the copies against the originals. The officer may comment on the answers or lack of answers in the form (if any). I am not sure about other people's experience with this process.