Singapore Expats Forum

Singapore Citizenship: e-SC versus In-Person

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
singaporeflyer
Editor
Editor
Posts: 1276
Joined: Mon, 17 Aug 2009

Re: Singapore Citizenship: e-SC versus In-Person

Postby singaporeflyer » Fri, 03 Mar 2017 2:38 pm

celeste9699 wrote:I got an appointment to submit the application in person on Oct' 17. Do anyone know if submit online now, when is the next appointment date? Will it be earlier than Oct' 17?


At the time when I submitted, I was told by the ICA officer that eSC submission date is earlier than the over the counter manual appointment date.

room@home
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 5
Joined: Sat, 23 Apr 2016

Re: Singapore Citizenship: e-SC versus In-Person

Postby room@home » Fri, 03 Mar 2017 10:40 pm

singaporeflyer wrote:
celeste9699 wrote:I got an appointment to submit the application in person on Oct' 17. Do anyone know if submit online now, when is the next appointment date? Will it be earlier than Oct' 17?


At the time when I submitted, I was told by the ICA officer that eSC submission date is earlier than the over the counter manual appointment date.


I was told ICA run 2 calendar databases (or at least one database with slots pre-booked and made visible only to eSC route) thus eSC is normally earlier than manual. Generally it's 6-8 months from your eSC online submission date (***anyone with recent experience do chime in***)

Since you already have a confirmed Oct'17 appointment date, I'd say stick to it and do in-person route. You may end up a later date with eSC appointment in Nov (Mar + conservative 8 months).

insaintjoy
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon, 07 Aug 2017

Re: Singapore Citizenship: e-SC versus In-Person

Postby insaintjoy » Mon, 07 Aug 2017 10:37 am

Hi All,

I am new here. Just came across this thread and wondering if I could pop a couple of questions. I will be submitting my documents for SC tomorrow to ICA and understand that there will be some interview going on. I am married but applying alone for now for the SC - can anyone tell me what will be the interview like? what general questions will they ask?

Thanks in advance!

Have a good day.

bro75
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 313
Joined: Sun, 02 Sep 2012
Location: Singapore

Re: Singapore Citizenship: e-SC versus In-Person

Postby bro75 » Mon, 07 Aug 2017 11:27 am

For the submission of documents in my experience, there is no interview. It is just an officer checking the copies against the originals. The officer may comment on the answers or lack of answers in the form (if any). I am not sure about other people's experience with this process.

yskho1
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue, 28 Nov 2017

Re: Singapore Citizenship: e-SC versus In-Person

Postby yskho1 » Tue, 28 Nov 2017 10:19 am

Hi there, i am new to this forum.
i want to ask, how to apply e-SC if you are unemployed (e.g. housewives)?

P/S: e-SC require you to fill in your employment detail as compulsory.

User avatar
jamie9vardy
Regular
Regular
Posts: 138
Joined: Mon, 11 Apr 2016

Re: Singapore Citizenship: e-SC versus In-Person

Postby jamie9vardy » Tue, 28 Nov 2017 11:03 am

yskho1 wrote:Hi there, i am new to this forum.
i want to ask, how to apply e-SC if you are unemployed (e.g. housewives)?

P/S: e-SC require you to fill in your employment detail as compulsory.

How did you obtain your SPR? On your own merits or family ties?

Are you, like you quoted in your example, a housewife? If yes, any reason why your husband is not the main applicant and apply as a family unit?

Just curious, which passport do you hold?

yskho1
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue, 28 Nov 2017

Re: Singapore Citizenship: e-SC versus In-Person

Postby yskho1 » Tue, 28 Nov 2017 11:31 am

jamie9vardy wrote:
yskho1 wrote:Hi there, i am new to this forum.
i want to ask, how to apply e-SC if you are unemployed (e.g. housewives)?

P/S: e-SC require you to fill in your employment detail as compulsory.

How did you obtain your SPR? On your own merits or family ties?

Are you, like you quoted in your example, a housewife? If yes, any reason why your husband is not the main applicant and apply as a family unit?

Just curious, which passport do you hold?


if SPR under husband PR, so should be on family ties?
Lets say the husband choose to keep his citizenship but the wife wanted to be SC.

Passport is a factor in applying SC?

User avatar
jamie9vardy
Regular
Regular
Posts: 138
Joined: Mon, 11 Apr 2016

Singapore Citizenship: e-SC versus In-Person

Postby jamie9vardy » Tue, 28 Nov 2017 11:45 am

yskho1 wrote:if SPR under husband PR, so should be on family ties?
Lets say the husband choose to keep his citizenship but the wife wanted to be SC.

Passport is a factor in applying SC?


Yes, should be family ties scheme.

Well, this is not the first time this board is witnessing this where one applies SC and the other half keeps the back door open. You may have reasons for doing so. But ICA has seen too many such cases over the years.

You also know that even if your husband is not applying, he has to submit the exact same sets of documents that you are submitting? From his passport, IC, education certs to pay slips and CPF statements. ICA officer may also ask during the interview why is he not applying, more so when he is the one who brings home the bacon.

Passport is not a factor in applying SC but it plays a part in approval of the application. For e.g., if you hold a Malaysian passport you may get away with it but anywhere else the chances get reduced.

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 34539
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004
Location: Still Fishing!
Contact:

Re: Singapore Citizenship: e-SC versus In-Person

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 28 Nov 2017 12:11 pm

^^^^This.

yskho1
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue, 28 Nov 2017

Re: Singapore Citizenship: e-SC versus In-Person

Postby yskho1 » Tue, 28 Nov 2017 12:14 pm

jamie9vardy wrote:
yskho1 wrote:if SPR under husband PR, so should be on family ties?
Lets say the husband choose to keep his citizenship but the wife wanted to be SC.

Passport is a factor in applying SC?


Yes, should be family ties scheme.

Well, this is not the first time this board is witnessing this where one applies SC and the other half keeps the back door open. You may have reasons for doing so. But ICA has seen too many such cases over the years.

You also know that even if your husband is not applying, he has to submit the exact same sets of documents that you are submitting? From his passport, IC, education certs to pay slips and CPF statements. ICA officer may also ask during the interview why is he not applying, more so when he is the one who brings home the bacon.

Passport is not a factor in applying SC but it plays a part in approval of the application. For e.g., if you hold a Malaysian passport you may get away with it but anywhere else the chances get reduced.


We are aware the document required even your partner is not applying.
No matter how low the chance due to partner not applying, not malaysian, alot of similar cases, etc. If you can't even book the appointment to submit the application, there is no point to discuss about the probability of getting a SC, right?

User avatar
jamie9vardy
Regular
Regular
Posts: 138
Joined: Mon, 11 Apr 2016

Singapore Citizenship: e-SC versus In-Person

Postby jamie9vardy » Tue, 28 Nov 2017 12:23 pm

yskho1 wrote:We are aware the document required even your partner is not applying.
No matter how low the chance due to partner not applying, not malaysian, alot of similar cases, etc. If you can't even book the appointment to submit the application, there is no point to discuss about the probability of getting a SC, right?


To answer this question, based on a friend's experience, you should still be able to submit your e-SC application. Probably you will have to leave employment details and income as blank or input 'Nil' or 'N/A'. The friend's PR is sponsored by husband but the main difference is she's employed. She applied along with kid minus the husband. If you're wondering, yes it's the favored nationality and race.

Then it's up to ICA to assess your cases, in their own words, based on prevailing rules and conditions post submission.

Submission is one thing and approval is another, which we have discussed at length in previous post.

yskho1
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue, 28 Nov 2017

Re: Singapore Citizenship: e-SC versus In-Person

Postby yskho1 » Tue, 28 Nov 2017 12:35 pm

jamie9vardy wrote:
yskho1 wrote:We are aware the document required even your partner is not applying.
No matter how low the chance due to partner not applying, not malaysian, alot of similar cases, etc. If you can't even book the appointment to submit the application, there is no point to discuss about the probability of getting a SC, right?


To answer this question, based on a friend's experience, you should still be able to submit your e-SC application. Probably you will have to leave employment details and income as blank or input 'Nil' or 'N/A'. The friend's PR is sponsored by husband but the main difference is she's employed. She applied along with kid minus the husband. If you're wondering, yes it's the favored nationality and race.

Then it's up to ICA to assess your cases, in their own words, based on prevailing rules and conditions post submission.

Submission is one thing and approval is another, which we have discussed at length in previous post.


We tried putting in 0 or NA in the e-SC but it cannot accept. The main reason we apply SC is to get a SC for our daughter during the process.

We have not hear any case of person who is unemployed apply SC, anyone care to share some experience?

User avatar
jamie9vardy
Regular
Regular
Posts: 138
Joined: Mon, 11 Apr 2016

Re: Singapore Citizenship: e-SC versus In-Person

Postby jamie9vardy » Tue, 28 Nov 2017 12:51 pm

yskho1 wrote:We tried putting in 0 or NA in the e-SC but it cannot accept. The main reason we apply SC is to get a SC for our daughter during the process.

We have not hear any case of person who is unemployed apply SC, anyone care to share some experience?

Oh okay, there we have it. You applied for SC under economic scheme and the system is smart enough to pick up that if you're not contributing to the economy by being gainfully employed, then you are not eligible.

Again just curious, why doesn't the husband apply and you keep your passport?

yskho1
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue, 28 Nov 2017

Re: Singapore Citizenship: e-SC versus In-Person

Postby yskho1 » Tue, 28 Nov 2017 1:13 pm

jamie9vardy wrote:
yskho1 wrote:We tried putting in 0 or NA in the e-SC but it cannot accept. The main reason we apply SC is to get a SC for our daughter during the process.

We have not hear any case of person who is unemployed apply SC, anyone care to share some experience?

Oh okay, there we have it. You applied for SC under economic scheme and the system is smart enough to pick up that if you're not contributing to the economy by being gainfully employed, then you are not eligible.

Again just curious, why doesn't the husband apply and you keep your passport?


The husband choose to remain his citizenship, maybe some commitment/properties there. As the wife part, she does not have any commitment/properties. Lets not dwell on this as each couple has their own reason.

Guess getting employed is crucial to SC application, again I hope that there are other people who can share their experience similar to us and able to get the SC.


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “PR, Citizenship, Passes & Visas for Foreigners”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests