Singapore Expats

Singapore Citizenship: e-SC versus In-Person

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
singaporeflyer
Answers: 1

Re: RE: Re: Singapore Citizenship: e-SC versus In-Person

Post by singaporeflyer » Thu, 25 Aug 2016 11:30 am

YCXL wrote:
singaporeflyer wrote:
ecureilx wrote:
From what I have seen, going by option 1 won't speed up anything. You will still be asked to turn up and resubmit everything for manual verification
That is right. What I meant to say is the appointment dates for the route via option 1 are earlier (3 months difference). Processing wise both are the same.

I have submitted it via ONLINE. However, up to the payment page, there go nothing…

When I log in to check:
Application status “Pending”
Payment status “Paid”
My credit card has not shows this transaction after 1 day submission.

Anyone can advise how can I select the appointment date?
I tried to call ICA, but the lines always busy! Is totally can’t get thur in the whole morning.

I am waiting the e-mail reply from ICA.

Anyone has same issue like me?
No at the end of the online application, it will tell you to book an appointment for document submission and interview.

Use the below link for appointment booking

https://eappointment.ica.gov.sg/ibook/index.do

Once you have booked, log into the same portal that you used to submit the document online and you should be able to see the appointment date there too.

YCXL

Post by YCXL » Thu, 25 Aug 2016 2:05 pm

singaporeflyer wrote:
YCXL wrote:
singaporeflyer wrote:
That is right. What I meant to say is the appointment dates for the route via option 1 are earlier (3 months difference). Processing wise both are the same.

I have submitted it via ONLINE. However, up to the payment page, there go nothing…

When I log in to check:
Payment status “Paid”

I tried to call ICA, but the lines always busy! Is totally can’t get thur in the whole morning.

No at the end of the online application, it will tell you to book an appointment for document submission and interview.

Once you have booked, log into the same portal that you used to submit the document online and you should be able to see the appointment date there too.

Hi singaporeflyer,

We have tried, it works!
Thanks a lot!

However, I am not sure whether both of us applied correctly or not.
My husband login e-SC by using his singpass to applied citizenship then 2nd page, we choose “APPLY FOR SPOUSE” & 3rd page “APPLY FOR CHILD”.

We have total paid SGD300.00 for 3 applications. My name & my child name were under "Family Scheme" instead of "Economic scheme" for myself.

I have come across of this page as per below

“ I wish to apply for Singapore citizenship for wife, children and myself. Why must I complete an application form for each person, as most of the information required has to be repeated

The application for Singapore citizenship is stipulated under different Article of the Constitution of the Republic of Singapore. Hence, there is a need for each applicant to submit an application form individually. ”

http://www.ifaq.gov.sg/ICA/apps/fcd_faq ... #FAQ_30313

Is it means that I have to log in by my singpass to submit e-SC again?

When at 2nd page, information regards to spouse, will I need to pay another SGD 300 again?

singaporeflyer

Post by singaporeflyer » Thu, 25 Aug 2016 2:39 pm

YCXL wrote:
singaporeflyer wrote:
YCXL wrote:

When I log in to check:
Payment status “Paid”

Hi singaporeflyer,

We have tried, it works!
Thanks a lot!

My husband login e-SC by using his singpass to applied citizenship then 2nd page, we choose “APPLY FOR SPOUSE” & 3rd page “APPLY FOR CHILD”.
This is correct

We have total paid SGD300.00 for 3 applications. My name & my child name were under "Family Scheme" instead of "Economic scheme" for myself.
This is correct

“ I wish to apply for Singapore citizenship for wife, children and myself. Why must I complete an application form for each person, as most of the information required has to be repeated

The application for Singapore citizenship is stipulated under different Article of the Constitution of the Republic of Singapore. Hence, there is a need for each applicant to submit an application form individually. ”

As long as the main applicant has using his e-SC applied for Wife and Child, it is enough
When at 2nd page, information regards to spouse, will I need to pay another SGD 300 again?
No, No need to pay again.

YCXL

Post by YCXL » Thu, 25 Aug 2016 2:52 pm

singaporeflyer wrote:
YCXL wrote:
singaporeflyer wrote:

Hi singaporeflyer,

We have tried, it works!
Thanks a lot!

This is correct

This is correct

As long as the main applicant has using his e-SC applied for Wife and Child, it is enough
No, No need to pay again.

Hi singaporeflyer,
I really appreciate your fast respond 
Do bear with me… I really got a lot of Q&A in my mind.

I hope this is the last Q (^_^)
The Application Status showing “ PENDING”
Our credit card has not performed this transaction as at today (we submitted our application on 24 Aug 2016 11pm++)
As this normal?
If yes, we will only wait for the appointment date to come (which is after 6 months later) & bring all the supporting documents to ICA for interview & documents verification?

Am I right?

singaporeflyer

Post by singaporeflyer » Thu, 25 Aug 2016 3:09 pm

YCXL wrote:
singaporeflyer wrote:
YCXL wrote:
Hi singaporeflyer,
I really appreciate your fast respond 
Do bear with me… I really got a lot of Q&A in my mind.

I hope this is the last Q (^_^)
The Application Status showing “ PENDING”
Our credit card has not performed this transaction as at today (we submitted our application on 24 Aug 2016 11pm++)
As this normal?
If yes, we will only wait for the appointment date to come (which is after 6 months later) & bring all the supporting documents to ICA for interview & documents verification?

Am I right?
Do you see a reference number for the application after you submitted?

Merchants submit the settlement transactions only after a few days for claiming the funds.So, this being the case I request you to check your CC transactions by next Mon - Wed and you should see an entry. Don't feel too stressed about it.

Guess you should be ok.

BBCWatcher
Editor
Editor

Re: Singapore Citizenship: e-SC versus In-Person

Post by BBCWatcher » Thu, 25 Aug 2016 4:04 pm

To expand on Singaporeflyer's advice, if you're particularly nervous for whatever reason(s) then you can telephone your credit or debit card company to ask whether they see a "pending" (use that word) ICA transaction for S$300. If they do, then ask whether he/she sees any problem with the transaction. The customer service agent should be able to look at your pending transactions and tell you if the transaction looks OK. If the transaction is pending and approved, it should "post" (get processed) within a few days, as Singaporeflyer mentioned.

I'm a little surprised you're not familiar with how card payments work. You're applying for citizenship in Singapore, one of the world's top financial centers, correct? ;)

For future reference, go into your online account settings and configure SMS (text message) notifications for your card transactions. Most banks in Singapore offers that service. Some, like Citibank, can even send you a text message for every card transaction if that's what you want. Others will only notify you for transactions of a certain minimum value or higher, but you can change the minimum value. (I know that CIMB Singapore lets you change that value to as low as $100, but you have to send CIMB Singapore a paper form to do that. Their online system doesn't expose that particular setting. So there are a few exceptions, but most banks can send you an instant text message when there's a card transaction.)

YCXL

Post by YCXL » Thu, 25 Aug 2016 10:38 pm

singaporeflyer wrote:
YCXL wrote:
singaporeflyer wrote:
Do you see a reference number for the application after you submitted?

Merchants submit the settlement transactions only after a few days for claiming the funds.So, this being the case I request you to check your CC transactions by next Mon - Wed and you should see an entry. Don't feel too stressed about it.

Guess you should be ok.

Hi singaporeflyer,

Thanks for your explanation & your kind assistance.

Cheers :)

YCXL

Post by YCXL » Thu, 25 Aug 2016 11:35 pm

BBCWatcher wrote:To expand on Singaporeflyer's advice, if you're particularly nervous for whatever reason(s) then you can telephone your credit or debit card company to ask whether they see a "pending" (use that word) ICA transaction for S$300. If they do, then ask whether he/she sees any problem with the transaction. The customer service agent should be able to look at your pending transactions and tell you if the transaction looks OK. If the transaction is pending and approved, it should "post" (get processed) within a few days, as Singaporeflyer mentioned.

I'm a little surprised you're not familiar with how card payments work. You're applying for citizenship in Singapore, one of the world's top financial centers, correct? ;)

For future reference, go into your online account settings and configure SMS (text message) notifications for your card transactions. Most banks in Singapore offers that service. Some, like Citibank, can even send you a text message for every card transaction if that's what you want. Others will only notify you for transactions of a certain minimum value or higher, but you can change the minimum value. (I know that CIMB Singapore lets you change that value to as low as $100, but you have to send CIMB Singapore a paper form to do that. Their online system doesn't expose that particular setting. So there are a few exceptions, but most banks can send you an instant text message when there's a card transaction.)

hi BBC,

Before I made my queries in this forum, I have checked my card transaction via online & also made the call to card centre. According to the customer service, there is no transaction in the record. I have not receive any SMS notification from card centre too (usually, I will receive a sms notification for online transaction). This is why I got so nervous.

My card centre mentioned no such transaction. However, ICA acknowledgement page shown as PAID.

I am not only called to the centre, I’m also called to the ICA Helpdesk.
Yet, the Helpdesk direct me to “Citizenship unit officer”. She provide me another number to call.

I was calling the Unit since 9am. However the line was always busy, the last tried for call was on 3pm++ (Anywhere, this is expected! ICA there always so busy, unlikely officer sitting there waiting for answer phone queries!)

So, since no one can help me then I asked GOOGLE!

Finally, I got this related topic! That’s why I posted my queries here.

After the explanation from Singaporeflyer, I believe it might be depend on the merchants side.

So, I will wait for my CC transaction by next week.
Hope everything go smooth.

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Thu, 25 Aug 2016 11:55 pm

YCXL wrote: Before I made my queries in this forum, I have checked my card transaction via online & also made the call to card centre. According to the customer service, there is no transaction in the record. I have not receive any SMS notification from card centre too (usually, I will receive a sms notification for online transaction). This is why I got so nervous.
Do you use 3D authentication when doing online payment?
YCXL wrote: My card centre mentioned no such transaction. However, ICA acknowledgement page shown as PAID.
That happens sometime with ICA, though I use 3D authentication for My CC, so I know it was charged (or something happened ..)
YCXL wrote: I am not only called to the centre, I’m also called to the ICA Helpdesk.
Yet, the Helpdesk direct me to “Citizenship unit officer”. She provide me another number to call.

I was calling the Unit since 9am. However the line was always busy, the last tried for call was on 3pm++ (Anywhere, this is expected! ICA there always so busy, unlikely officer sitting there waiting for answer phone queries!)

After the explanation from Singaporeflyer, I believe it might be depend on the merchants side.

You may win Toto faster that getting an ICA human being.

Take it easy, just hang on till next week.

YCXL

Post by YCXL » Fri, 26 Aug 2016 12:15 am

ecureilx wrote:
YCXL wrote: Before I made my queries in this forum, I have checked my card transaction via online & also made the call to card centre. According to the customer service, there is no transaction in the record. I have not receive any SMS notification from card centre too (usually, I will receive a sms notification for online transaction). This is why I got so nervous.
Do you use 3D authentication when doing online payment?
YCXL wrote: My card centre mentioned no such transaction. However, ICA acknowledgement page shown as PAID.
That happens sometime with ICA, though I use 3D authentication for My CC, so I know it was charged (or something happened ..)
YCXL wrote: I am not only called to the centre, I’m also called to the ICA Helpdesk.

You may win Toto faster that getting an ICA human being.

Take it easy, just hang on till next week.

Hi ecureilx,

No 3D authentication & No Visa One-Time Password receive from bank too.
After filled in my card details & click proceed. The page just hang there for 10 mins... 8-[

Anywhere, wait til next week bah...
O:)

singaporeflyer

Post by singaporeflyer » Fri, 26 Aug 2016 10:00 am

YCXL wrote:
BBCWatcher wrote: However, ICA acknowledgement page shown as PAID.
If the status is PAID, you should be fine.

firstattempt

Post by firstattempt » Tue, 27 Dec 2016 10:34 pm

Am guessing ICA may only use one calendar database for SC application, and if so, Option 1 & 2 would get the same appointment availability then.

Option 1: e-SC complete in Apr 2016, appointment slot on 30 June 2017
Option 2: login e-appointment in Apr 2016 and got a slot on 30 June 2017, interview same day.

Assuming docs and checks are satisfactory, the 18-mth processing will start from 1 July 2017. Likely to hear result in Dec 2018 for both options.

Can experts here give your thoughts if this is a practical scenario.

Many Thanks!

singaporeflyer

Post by singaporeflyer » Tue, 27 Dec 2016 11:01 pm

From what I know based on my experience, Online e-SC appointments (interviews) are slightly earlier than the e-appointment and walk-in interview date.

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Tue, 27 Dec 2016 11:44 pm

firstattempt wrote: Assuming docs and checks are satisfactory, the 18-mth processing will start from 1 July 2017. Likely to hear result in Dec 2018 for both options.!
18 month ? Mmmmm... I know some that were longer, much much longer :( :(

Just being realistic here ....

celeste9699

Post by celeste9699 » Fri, 03 Mar 2017 12:54 pm

I got an appointment to submit the application in person on Oct' 17. Do anyone know if submit online now, when is the next appointment date? Will it be earlier than Oct' 17?