Singapore Expats

Singapore Citizenship: e-SC versus In-Person

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
LPR34

Singapore Citizenship: e-SC versus In-Person

Post by LPR34 » Mon, 15 Aug 2016 2:40 pm

Hi everyone,

According to ICA's website, from 1st june 2016, there are only 2 options available to apply for Singapore Citizenship:

Option 1: Submit the application online via e-SC and obtain an appointment date after that.

Option 2: Obtain an appointment date via e-Appointment to submit the application form.

For Option 1, does the 'appointment date' refer to the date of the interview?

Does this also mean that if I choose Option 2, the 'appointment date' refer to the date on which I can only submit the hardcopy application forms/documents in person to ICA, and after which I have to obtain another appointment date for the interview?

The next available appointment slot for Option 2 is June 2017!!

Would choosing Option 1 be faster?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!!

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Re: RE: Singapore Citizenship: e-SC versus In-Person

Post by ecureilx » Mon, 15 Aug 2016 2:50 pm

LPR34 wrote: Would choosing Option 1 be faster?
No. Both will run the same course.

LPR34

Re: Singapore Citizenship: e-SC versus In-Person

Post by LPR34 » Mon, 15 Aug 2016 3:27 pm

so for Option 2, the interview is done on the same day as the application form submission day?

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Re: RE: Re: Singapore Citizenship: e-SC versus In-Person

Post by ecureilx » Mon, 15 Aug 2016 3:33 pm

LPR34 wrote:
so for Option 2, the interview is done on the same day as the application form submission day?
Yes, but you may be called again.

LPR34

Post by LPR34 » Mon, 15 Aug 2016 4:54 pm

that's what i'm worrying about... i guess i'll have to live with the 10-month wait for the application submission, but i really don't want to wait another 10 months after that for the interview... :(

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Mon, 15 Aug 2016 7:06 pm

LPR34 wrote:
that's what i'm worrying about... i guess i'll have to live with the 10-month wait for the application submission, but i really don't want to wait another 10 months after that for the interview... :(
10 month ? Errr.. unless you are of the preferred and trusted type, expect nearly 2 years for an approval or rejection.

Maybe you wanna look elsewhere ?

What passport do you hold ?

dynoto
Regular
Regular

Post by dynoto » Mon, 15 Aug 2016 9:10 pm

LPR34 wrote:
what's the rush? planning to buy a HDB apartment soon? :-k

singaporeflyer
Answers: 2

Post by singaporeflyer » Tue, 16 Aug 2016 1:03 pm

LPR34 wrote:Hi everyone,

According to ICA's website, from 1st june 2016, there are only 2 options available to apply for Singapore Citizenship:

Option 1: Submit the application online via e-SC and obtain an appointment date after that.

Option 2: Obtain an appointment date via e-Appointment to submit the application form.

For Option 1, does the 'appointment date' refer to the date of the interview?

Does this also mean that if I choose Option 2, the 'appointment date' refer to the date on which I can only submit the hardcopy application forms/documents in person to ICA, and after which I have to obtain another appointment date for the interview?

The next available appointment slot for Option 2 is June 2017!!

Would choosing Option 1 be faster?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!!
Option 1 is faster. Faster in the way that the appointment date that you get is earlier after you have applied via e-SC. Via Option 1, at this moment, you should be able to get an appointment date in Feb 2017.

LPR34

Post by LPR34 » Wed, 17 Aug 2016 1:42 pm

Option 1 is faster. Faster in the way that the appointment date that you get is earlier after you have applied via e-SC. Via Option 1, at this moment, you should be able to get an appointment date in Feb 2017.
hi singaporeflyer thank you for the advice, but may i know from where did you get this information?

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Wed, 17 Aug 2016 2:00 pm

singaporeflyer wrote: Option 1 is faster. Faster in the way that the appointment date that you get is earlier after you have applied via e-SC. Via Option 1, at this moment, you should be able to get an appointment date in Feb 2017.
From what I have seen, going by option 1 won't speed up anything. You will still be asked to turn up and resubmit everything for manual verification

singaporeflyer
Answers: 2

Post by singaporeflyer » Wed, 17 Aug 2016 2:06 pm

ecureilx wrote:
singaporeflyer wrote: Option 1 is faster. Faster in the way that the appointment date that you get is earlier after you have applied via e-SC. Via Option 1, at this moment, you should be able to get an appointment date in Feb 2017.
From what I have seen, going by option 1 won't speed up anything. You will still be asked to turn up and resubmit everything for manual verification
That is right. What I meant to say is the appointment dates for the route via option 1 are earlier (3 months difference). Processing wise both are the same.

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Singapore Citizenship: e-SC versus In-Person

Post by ecureilx » Wed, 17 Aug 2016 2:31 pm

singaporeflyer wrote:
ecureilx wrote:
That is right. What I meant to say is the appointment dates for the route via option 1 are earlier (3 months difference). Processing wise both are the same.
So whether you sit for 10 months and then submit the documents or go online and then wait for actual verification - won't make a big difference :)

BBCWatcher
Editor
Editor

Post by BBCWatcher » Wed, 17 Aug 2016 2:34 pm

Option 1 may catch some human errors or omissions (the applicant's) earlier. It's the better option at least for that reason.

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Wed, 17 Aug 2016 2:38 pm

BBCWatcher wrote:Option 1 may catch some human errors or omissions (the applicant's) earlier. It's the better option at least for that reason.

YCXL

Post by YCXL » Thu, 25 Aug 2016 11:23 am

singaporeflyer wrote:
ecureilx wrote:

I have submitted it via ONLINE. However, up to the payment page, there go nothing…

When I log in to check:
Application status “Pending”
Payment status “Paid”
My credit card has not shows this transaction after 1 day submission.

Anyone can advise how can I select the appointment date?
I tried to call ICA, but the lines always busy! Is totally can’t get thur in the whole morning.

I am waiting the e-mail reply from ICA.

Anyone has same issue like me?